Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #1
Meekins
Earning My Ears

Hotwire Vancouver question for Alaskan cruisers

I am wondering if anyone has used Hotwire to book hotels in Vancouver in the past few weeks, and if so if they would be willing to share what they booked (i.e. 4 star , 5 star) and what hotel it ended up being.

I still need to book hotel before our cruise, but I am nervous to book for fear that the hotel won't end up being as close to Canada Place as I am hoping. I have tried to narrow hotels by the amenities listed or price, but I am not having luck sleuthing out which hotel it is.

ETA: Never mind my original question...I decided to not be such a chicken and just book without knowing. It was one of the hotels I hoped so I am happy...and the price dropped just today

Last edited by Meekins; 06-27-2013 at 03:30 PM.
Meekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:42 AM   #2
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meekins
I am wondering if anyone has used Hotwire to book hotels in Vancouver in the past few weeks, and if so if they would be willing to share what they booked (i.e. 4 star , 5 star) and what hotel it ended up being.

I still need to book hotel before our cruise, but I am nervous to book for fear that the hotel won't end up being as close to Canada Place as I am hoping. I have tried to narrow hotels by the amenities listed or price, but I am not having luck sleuthing out which hotel it is.
I don't know how close you want to get, but I have a great recommendation. We stayed at Rosellen Suites, which is right next to Stanley Park and loved it. It was very reasonably priced and the suites are roomy. And only a five minute cab ride to Canada Place.

gometros is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #3
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
I don't know how close you want to get, but I have a great recommendation. We stayed at Rosellen Suites, which is right next to Stanley Park and loved it. It was very reasonably priced and the suites are roomy. And only a five minute cab ride to Canada Place.
With hotwire you don't know the hotel until after you have booked it. People try to find out how many stars and the rating of the choices to try and figure out which one it will be.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:06 PM   #4
Meekins
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
With hotwire you don't know the hotel until after you have booked it. People try to find out how many stars and the rating of the choices to try and figure out which one it will be.
Exactly - hoping that if someone has recently booked they might be willing to share what hotel it actually was. I looked at betterbidding.com but it was not any help unfortunately. We really want to stay right at Canada Place (i.e. Pan Pacific or Fairmont Waterfront) if possible...but at a lesser cost
Old 06-27-2013, 01:08 PM   #5
Meekins
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
Thanks for the recommendation - appreciated! We really just want to wake up AT the Pier and not have to deal with a cab, a 7 year old and all of our luggage if possible... I want to start Day one of the cruise with total laziness...lol
Old 06-27-2013, 05:12 PM   #6
barbja99
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meekins View Post
We really want to stay right at Canada Place (i.e. Pan Pacific or Fairmont Waterfront) if possible...but at a lesser cost
Do you, or anyone in your party work for a company that may have a corporate discount arrangement with one of those hotels? The hotels honor the same discounts for personal travel. We ended up with great rates from both the PP and the Four Seasons.

I just called all the hotels I was interested in and asked "do you have an xxx rate?". My success rate was about 50%.

Disney Wonder: Alaska, July 2013
barbja99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:42 PM   #7
Wshop
Mouseketeer

We booked through Hotwire, 5* and received the Four Seasons in the Vancouver Downtown-Coal Harbour area. We are pleased.
Wshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:26 PM   #8
comet1
Earning My Ears

It was back in Feb, but I did a 4 star downtown and got the hyatt regency for $150/night. Use better bidding dot com to cross reference and give you a good idea of what you will get. We save about half from hyatts online rate
comet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:04 PM   #9
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wshop View Post
We booked through Hotwire, 5* and received the Four Seasons in the Vancouver Downtown-Coal Harbour area. We are pleased.
Nice Curious to know how much you paid through Hotwire?
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:23 PM   #10
Meekins
Earning My Ears

I should have added to my original post, but will add here that when I did book the 5* Downtown Vancouver - Coal Harbour today it ended up being the Pan Pacific. Room was $179 plus taxes...which I was very pleased with.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #11
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Glad that you found it! What was the recommendation percentage? It's understandable that the rate has gone up a bit in two years. Still really good though compared to rack rate. You will love the hotel! So convenient for boarding the cruise also.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:50 PM   #12
Wshop
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
Nice Curious to know how much you paid through Hotwire?
We paid $190 and recommendation % was 100.
Wshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:26 PM   #13
Meekins
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
Glad that you found it! What was the recommendation percentage? It's understandable that the rate has gone up a bit in two years. Still really good though compared to rack rate. You will love the hotel! So convenient for boarding the cruise also.
The recommendation percentage was actually not fantastic - it was 85%. I was tempted to go with the 4* which had a 95% recommendation rate...but decided to risk it hoping that it would be the Pan Pacific or Fairmont Waterfront. Pan Pacific was my preference...but I would have been happy with anything on the waterfront vs. closer to downtown. Rack rate is ridiculous...I don't know who can afford $350/night...but I know we can't.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:08 PM   #14
Mackie Mouse
Even my dog loves Disney

We paid $145/night through Hotwire for a four-star and got the Westin Grand, which is an all suite hotel. Pretty sweet. (Pun intended.)
Old 06-28-2013, 03:20 AM   #15
molly mouse
Earning My Ears

We recently did a 4* for $171 and ended up with Hyatt Regency
molly mouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: