Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2013, 12:42 PM   #1
3Miracles
Earning My Ears

Monorails Only to 2 Parks?

Ok Please Let me know if Im Correct or NOT. Im trying to Just look at a map of the Parks and Places around to know how to get to places, but it looks like the Monorail ONLY Runs to Magic Kingdom and Epcot, Is this Correct???
Thanks so much!!!
3Miracles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:45 PM   #2
mommys3
Disney Or Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Miracles View Post
Ok Please Let me know if Im Correct or NOT. Im trying to Just look at a map of the Parks and Places around to know how to get to places, but it looks like the Monorail ONLY Runs to Magic Kingdom and Epcot, Is this Correct???
Thanks so much!!!
Correct!

All-Star Music/Movies~8/03**Coronado Springs~10/04**Animal Kingdom Lodge~1/05**Pop Century~3/06**All-Star Sports~10/06**Pop Century~3/07**Wyndham Bonnet Creek~12/08*All-Star Movies/Polynesian~8/12**Port Orleans French Quarter~5/13**Pop Century/Polynesian~7/13**NEXT: Port Orleans Riverside/Grand Floridian~8/14
mommys3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2013, 12:47 PM   #3
stinkpickle
DIS Veteran

Yes. At least, when they're actually running.
stinkpickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:47 PM   #4
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

Yup, basically.... Monorail loop in the MK area, circles the Seven Seas Lagoon, and the second monorail loop, attaches the Transportation and Ticket Center to EPCOT.... Transfers from one line to the other occur at the TTC....

DIS Dads Club Member
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #5
wookiebeck
Fan of both WDW and USO

You got it!

And take note that it is not one monorail that goes between all. You do have to transfer at the transportation center to pick either the train heading to/from Epcot or the one to/from MK.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #6
magicbob
DIS Veteran

Although you'd be surprised how many people incorrectly claim they go to other places (some even swear that they go to Sea World and Universal... they don't, for the record).

Ratatouille, the Ride!

magicbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #7
LoKiHB
Mouseketeer

Yep. One Monorail goes to MK as well as the Grand Floridian, Contemporary and, Polynesian. The other goes to Epcot

I believe there is also an express monorail from TTC to MK

"Come to the Dark Side. We have cookies"
LoKiHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #8
JRawkSteady
Mousecessed DIS Veteran

Yupp and they have no plans of ever expanding

" Imagine if the trip were not merely the width of this room but the breadth of a galaxy, the span of a universe. Well imagine no more. Because soon one of you will be taking that trip. One of you will seize the future with XS! Bon Voyage!"

JRawkSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:51 PM   #9
JRawkSteady
Mousecessed DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoKiHB View Post
Yep. One Monorail goes to MK as well as the Grand Floridian, Contemporary and, Polynesian. The other goes to Epcot

I believe there is also an express monorail from TTC to MK
Are both the resort and express still running? I thought they closed down the express line.

" Imagine if the trip were not merely the width of this room but the breadth of a galaxy, the span of a universe. Well imagine no more. Because soon one of you will be taking that trip. One of you will seize the future with XS! Bon Voyage!"

JRawkSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:53 PM   #10
scidawg
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRawkSteady View Post
Are both the resort and express still running? I thought they closed down the express line.
yes express counter clockwise, and resort clockwise
scidawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:02 PM   #11
LoKiHB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRawkSteady View Post

Depends on what hour of what day of what week you want to ride it

"Come to the Dark Side. We have cookies"
LoKiHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #12
tobikaye
DIS Veteran

I know others have answered, but here is something I had typed up for someone else who was debating on a trip that I had found.

Monorail Loops: There are three separate monorail lines at Walt Disney World (WDW) all based out of the Ticket & Transportation Center (TTC).
  • Magic Kingdom Express Monorail Loop: Runs directly from TTC to Magic Kingdom. This monorail travels through the Contemporary resort on the way to the Magic Kingdom and past the Grand Floridian and Polynesian on the return to the TTC, but does not stop at any of the resorts.
  • Resort Monorail Loop: Travels in the opposite direction from the express. From the TTC, this monorail stops at the Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Magic Kingdom, and Contemporary before returning to the TTC.
  • Epcot Monorail Loop: This monorail travels directly from the TTC to the main Epcot entrance and then returns to the TTC.

When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do - Walt Disney
tobikaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:20 PM   #13
Raenstoirm
BL6 Team Challenge Tracker
Lets go get me your numbers!

The thing you have to understand as a newbie is that Disney is HUGE. Someone said it was the size of Manhattan and I believe that. The Parks (especially Animal Kingdom) are very far apart despite being close on a map. If you are in a rush, the monorail from MK to Epcot (technically this is two separate monorails- you have to switch trains at the TTC but I digress) takes FOREVER and they are pretty close to each other. Disney's rule is to allot 1.5 hours to get to any park and most people would say at least an hour. Keep that in mind.

Trying to stay at every resort, but we are creatures of habit!
Caribbean Beach/Riverside/Wilderness Lodge/All Star Movies/Beach Club/Contemporary

Raenstoirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:50 PM   #14
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raenstoirm View Post
The thing you have to understand as a newbie is that Disney is HUGE. Someone said it was the size of Manhattan and I believe that. The Parks (especially Animal Kingdom) are very far apart despite being close on a map. If you are in a rush, the monorail from MK to Epcot (technically this is two separate monorails- you have to switch trains at the TTC but I digress) takes FOREVER and they are pretty close to each other. Disney's rule is to allot 1.5 hours to get to any park and most people would say at least an hour. Keep that in mind.
That is great advice to keep in mind
Boo Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:18 PM   #15
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raenstoirm View Post
Actually, it's twice the size of Manhattan and about the same size as the city of San Francisco.

I once tried to tell my daughter-in-law (before her first visit) how big it was. Imagine my surprise when I figured out it was 20 times the size of her hometown that she almost never ventured out of. Huge shock for her.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: