Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2013, 10:34 PM   #61
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

We just had the most crazy storms the past three hours, there is flooding around the area, lots of wind damage, multiple cloud to ground lighting strikes. Someone lost the roof off of their 3 car garage due to a microburst...very Thankful for a house and that the storms have stopped and we have power, many don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeschoolmomof4 View Post
Love all the pictures of last year's villa! I bet you all can't wait to get back there! Have you started a countdown calendar yet?
Thanks Erika and thanks for being here. That villa was great, we are so excited to return. We have NOT made the calendar yet, although we have talked about is several times. Maybe we can get to it this weekend, we really will be back before we know it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDuck View Post
The same thing happened to me.

Praying your house gets done on schedule--or even ahead of schedule!!!

Bill and I are on the road to a marriage retreat in Gulf Shores so I will be having to catch up later! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!
Thanks for your email, I WILL answer it before you get back. I am so excited about your marriage retreat, I think that is fabulous! I have always wanted to do that, I think it would be such a growing experience. So thrilled you have the opportunity to enjoy that together especially before Bill is deployed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRids View Post
Oh.....I am so thrilled for your family!!! And so glad you are staying the same place. It's fabulous. You will be there when we usually are (for our anniversary) but we will miss it this year.

Tink...when are you coming through NC? I'm 4 hours from Judy. Would be great if we could all gather for a dis meet if noting but for lunch or dinner.
Thank you Allyson! It is so nice to have people who support us and are truly excited for us. I wish you were going to be in Florida too, you had to miss your anniversary in Florida last year as well. Praying DH is doing well.

We should do a DISmeet and meet up half way someday...that would be fun!

Prayer Warriors, I need help. We have one of our own that is struggling. She has been in crisis for a long time and needs more than I can give her.
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:29 PM   #62
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Thank you for being happy for us Sandra, I love how so many are excited and not jealous of our trip. I was surprised at how many GKTW shifts were already taken! We will get there one way or another.

Potty training ... again, I don't miss those days. I hope it all goes smoothly for you as well and that you are able to report back it went quickly!
Don't get me wrong I am a little jealous (just because I want to go with you )!! But my excitement for your family out weighs my jealously. I also know that I've had some really great trips these last few months that I wasn't expecting so I'm good. Sounds like shifts fill up fast because it's such a great place to volunteer at. If I can ever get back to Florida you can bet I'll be spending some time volunteering too!! Hope your able to work it out so you can be there to volunteer.

Yeah not looking forward to the potty training but he is 2 1/2 and asking to use the potty. Of course he's always asking when we aren't at home and the other 2 are saying they have to go!! I'm only waiting until we get home because I just don't want to be dealing with it when we'll be sharing 2 bathrooms with over 20 people!!

Quote:
We just had the most crazy storms the past three hours, there is flooding around the area, lots of wind damage, multiple cloud to ground lighting strikes. Someone lost the roof off of their 3 car garage due to a microburst...very Thankful for a house and that the storms have stopped and we have power, many don't.

Prayer Warriors, I need help. We have one of our own that is struggling. She has been in crisis for a long time and needs more than I can give her.
Glad you guys are safe and have power!!

Prayers for everyone who needs them. Especially the one who really needs it.

For anyone that remembers the crying fit I had to deal with in January/February with Sarah when it came time to be dropped off for school and her reward for no more crying was a Sofia the First dress. Well I was finally able to fulfill that promise!! I would literally check Disney shopping daily to see if they had her size or the dress. I was stalking our local stores (calling weekly!!) and finally about a week ago I was able to order it online!!! It came in today and she loves it!!! Here she is:

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094

Last edited by ladylyons; 06-28-2013 at 11:53 PM. Reason: added picture
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2013, 12:09 AM   #63
sheridee32
Mouseketeer

hello

Found the new site so glad you are getting to go back talk to you later busy getting ready for my show labor day
sheridee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:24 AM   #64
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Praying for her, and for all other needs.

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
angel's momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:35 AM   #65
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
For anyone that remembers the crying fit I had to deal with in January/February with Sarah when it came time to be dropped off for school and her reward for no more crying was a Sofia the First dress. Well I was finally able to fulfill that promise!! I would literally check Disney shopping daily to see if they had her size or the dress. I was stalking our local stores (calling weekly!!) and finally about a week ago I was able to order it online!!! It came in today and she loves it!!! Here she is:

What a pretty princess. So glad you found the dress. Did you see that BBB is now offering a Sophia package?
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:21 AM   #66
cogero
DIS Veteran

Judy

I just noticed you had a new trip report and had to join in. I am so happy that you are going back to Florida. That is wonderful.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:24 AM   #67
homeschoolmomof4
Keep moving forward

Quote:
Praying for her.

Pop Century January 2015 Pop Century December 2013 Pop Century October 2012 Pop Century December 2011 Pop Century December 2010 Contemporary March 2010-Parents only trip!! Pop Century December 2009 Pop Century January 2009 Wilderness Lodge January 2008 Wilderness Lodge February 2007 Contemporary February 2005

homeschoolmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:53 AM   #68
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Quote:

Thanks Erika and thanks for being here. That villa was great, we are so excited to return. We have NOT made the calendar yet, although we have talked about is several times. Maybe we can get to it this weekend, we really will be back before we know it.

Thanks for your email, I WILL answer it before you get back. I am so excited about your marriage retreat, I think that is fabulous! I have always wanted to do that, I think it would be such a growing experience. So thrilled you have the opportunity to enjoy that together especially before Bill is deployed!

Thank you Allyson! It is so nice to have people who support us and are truly excited for us. I wish you were going to be in Florida too, you had to miss your anniversary in Florida last year as well. Praying DH is doing well.

We should do a DISmeet and meet up half way someday...that would be fun!

Praying
reelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:03 AM   #69
Piper
DIS Veteran

Praying
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:43 AM   #70
McDuck
DIS Veteran

Popping on to add my prayers. Would share the view from our balcony, but need to figure out how to upload from my phone. Last night's session was really good. Looking forward to today's. So blessed the Navy chaplain corps offers this paid for!

McDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:09 PM   #71
happybelle
DIS Veteran

I am so happy for you all!
happybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:48 PM   #72
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Judy, I am praying the storms are over.

Thoughts and prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Don't get me wrong I am a little jealous (just because I want to go with you )!! But my excitement for your family out weighs my jealously. I also know that I've had some really great trips these last few months that I wasn't expecting so I'm good. Sounds like shifts fill up fast because it's such a great place to volunteer at. If I can ever get back to Florida you can bet I'll be spending some time volunteering too!! Hope your able to work it out so you can be there to volunteer.

Yeah not looking forward to the potty training but he is 2 1/2 and asking to use the potty. Of course he's always asking when we aren't at home and the other 2 are saying they have to go!! I'm only waiting until we get home because I just don't want to be dealing with it when we'll be sharing 2 bathrooms with over 20 people!!

Glad you guys are safe and have power!!

Prayers for everyone who needs them. Especially the one who really needs it.

How cute!!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:00 PM   #73
scdak
DIS Veteran

I want to thank everyone for the prayers for my father and my family about 6 weeks ago (on Judy's old thread), I am happy to say that he is much better after his fall and 2 areas of bleeding in the brain, he will never be normal but he is alive and more importantly, he is now living in a nursing home 10 minutes away from me instead of 700 miles away! He was transferred to South Carolina on Friday from Florida, I was able to see him today and he is so confused but knew who I am, its like he is living in 3 different worlds when he talks, blending in parts of his life from here, Florida and when he lived in Charlotte NC, shoot I felt confused when I left because of trying to follow his conversation but he is HOME to SC finally and for that I am so grateful!
POR Jan 2012
POFQ Oct/Nov 2012
WL / POFQ Fall 2014 - maybe sooner
SOONER IT IS - March 30-April 5 - offsite with family

October 2015 - just starting to think about it
scdak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:32 PM   #74
thebeesknees
DIS Veteran

Quote:
[B]

Praying.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:09 PM   #75
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

scdak -- Glad to hear about your dad now being near you. You will never regret having this time with him.

Praying for the sister in crisis.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gktw

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: