Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2013, 07:14 PM   #31
scdak
DIS Veteran

This is great news! Thanks for the PM, it made my awful day at work simply vanish from my mind when I read your awesome news. NOW- get planning!
POR Jan 2012
POFQ Oct/Nov 2012
WL / POFQ Fall 2014 - maybe sooner
SOONER IT IS - March 30-April 5 - offsite with family

October 2015 - just starting to think about it
scdak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #32
PlutoRocks
Mouseketeer

I'm here! I'm so excited for you. You guys are going to have so much fun! I love researching to find things to do on vacation. Can't wait to live vicariously as this adventure takes shape!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #33
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Isn't it just great how the Lord sends us things just at the right time? I'm praying for good health for everyone for the next 86 days and a wonderful trip.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:09 PM   #34
bushdianee
I had a water fun day planned
I tend to buy way too many t-shirts when I visit WDW

Thank you so much for the PM to let me know about this thread. I have been worried. I was without power for 22 hours from Monday morning until Tuesday morning due to a sudden storm with 70 mph winds. When I logged on I couldn't find your TR.
I am so happy that you get to go to Florida again. My soon to be (step)nieces were just talking about GKTW yesterday. They went about 8 years ago with their half-brother on his MAW trip. They are 18 & 20 now and just loved it there. We were planning my soon to sister-in-law's bridal shower and naturally the talk soon turned to Disney!
Old 06-27-2013, 10:13 PM   #35
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post

ERIN! Thank you for joining us, I am eager to see just what I can work out. I am so excited YOU will be back in at Disney in a very short time, you must be SO excited!!

Michelle, I have missed you, I am glad you checked in as well! You know I had to let you know! I am still so surprised and excited, it is hard to believe!

YEA MICHELE!!! I knew you would be happy for us, Thank you! And please keep sharing all that is going on! I can't wait to read all about it.

KRYSTAL!! I so wish you would be there as well, that would be the best...someday we will meet, I am sure of it! I KNEW you would be thrilled for us...it has been such a HUGE lift to our spirits! I KNOW you understand!

Well, I have this great article that the local paper did about Loren.

Here is the latest picture of the house. At least now there are no more looters or squatters. To me this is the picture of progress. They are starting part pf the rebuild. They are going to remove the upper floor still because there was a building flaw and frankly it was a bit burned too. They are waiting on the trusses to do that part. Now I have the arduous task of picking out all of the things I want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeesknees View Post
Judy!!!! We just got back from our niece's wedding in CA and I saw your new report!! Soooo excited for you all!!!!

Was it beautiful? I wish the weather had been better for you.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:28 PM   #36
MinnieFanatic
Earning My Ears

Hi! Thank you for inviting me! I will try to do a better job of following along and posting! CONGRATULATIONS on your new trip...Could not have come at a better time for you all! Can't wait to see all the fun!!!
MinnieFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:56 PM   #37
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

WOW!! Judy how exciting!!! What a awesome blessing! That's great that the kids can be involved in some of the planning and help mold and shape the trip.

Sorry you dad can't join, I wish things were different.... but it is good to know that you have an amazing hope!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:48 AM   #38
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
that is so cool. I wanna go back to Florida
I hope you get to very soon Emma!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Contact your Congressperson's office to see about getting free tickets. I've heard you may need to keep on them but they have a certain amounts of tickets to give to their constituents.

Jill in CO
Oh Jill, that is a great idea, I didn't even know about that! Thanks for sharing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeesknees View Post
Judy!!!! We just got back from our niece's wedding in CA and I saw your new report!! Soooo excited for you all!!!!
Welcome back!!! I hope you had a great time, that your home is okay and that we see pics soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scdak View Post
This is great news! Thanks for the PM, it made my awful day at work simply vanish from my mind when I read your awesome news. NOW- get planning!
Thanks Deborah! Thanks for your supportive PMs! Glad I could make your day a little brighter, we are beyond excited!!
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:49 AM   #39
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

I'm here!! (Haven't read yet, but I'm here!!!)

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:00 AM   #40
ladylyons

I'm am beyond excited for you!!! You guys so deserve this trip!! I'm glad that it's helped perk Lisa up for having to miss out on her performance. You guys are going to have a great time! Good luck getting some time to volunteer at GKTW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooRach0906 View Post
Yay for another trip to Fl. Hope Lisa ia feeling better.

In full potty training mode here hoping and praying Annabelle will get it.

Always praying!!!
Good luck with the potty training!! I've been through it twice in the last couple years and am getting ready to start #3 on his training (he's starting to ask to use the potty). (Just waiting until we get back from my parent's house on July 7.) The first one was a little harder than the 2nd but I'm sure Annabelle will get it because it was my girl who was easier than my boy!! Good luck!!

Old 06-28-2013, 02:04 AM   #41
ladylyons

What a great article Michele! It brought tears to my eyes! I'm so glad your son was awake and had the sense to wake you all up and help get you all out safely!!

Old 06-28-2013, 02:43 AM   #42
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoRocks View Post
I'm here! I'm so excited for you. You guys are going to have so much fun! I love researching to find things to do on vacation. Can't wait to live vicariously as this adventure takes shape!!
Thanks for being here Dawn! We feel so blessed to get to do it again! The unexpectedness of it all is what shocked us too! I would have been crushed if the coworkers had grabbed it up before us! I agree, the planning is all part of the fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Isn't it just great how the Lord sends us things just at the right time? I'm praying for good health for everyone for the next 86 days and a wonderful trip.
Debbie, it was really just the PERFECT timing! Had we been at the show, we might have missed out on the chance to book the resort before someone else did! 86 days of health would be a HUGE blessing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushdianee View Post
Thank you so much for the PM to let me know about this thread. I have been worried. I was without power for 22 hours from Monday morning until Tuesday morning due to a sudden storm with 70 mph winds. When I logged on I couldn't find your TR.
I am so happy that you get to go to Florida again. My soon to be (step)nieces were just talking about GKTW yesterday. They went about 8 years ago with their half-brother on his MAW trip. They are 18 & 20 now and just loved it there. We were planning my soon to sister-in-law's bridal shower and naturally the talk soon turned to Disney!
I am so happy you are here and I am sorry you were without power! It must have been miserably hot. I hope you haven't had too much damage. The storm that blew out our electrical "stuff" had gusty winds and damaged the children's playhouse...only the girls play in it now, but they have been sad about it. Pete and David are going to try and repair it. SEVENTY mile winds, I am thankful you are okay! These storms have been so frequent this year! GKTW is such a magical place and it changes your life, so gad the new step nieces enjoyed it...they wouldn't recognize it now so much has changed...how exciting a wedding to plan/be a part of.

I will be back for more responses, I need to try and get some sleep. So thankful you are all finding us again!
Old 06-28-2013, 06:23 AM   #43
blessedmom4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Well, I have this great article that the local paper did about Loren.

Here is the latest picture of the house. At least now there are no more looters or squatters. To me this is the picture of progress. They are starting part pf the rebuild. They are going to remove the upper floor still because there was a building flaw and frankly it was a bit burned too. They are waiting on the trusses to do that part. Now I have the arduous task of picking out all of the things I want.
That was a great story about Loren, Michele, Thank you for sharing it with us!

As you know,we had so much destroyed in our house fire, there was nothing left to loot, but we did deal with the voyeurs who wanted to "see" our misery. I am truly sorry you are dealing with this but excited about the new changes that will occur to your house as you alluded to in your email! Yes, the rebuild has you picking SO many things, glad to know they are on schedule...ours were the stereotypical contractors, always behind!

Hope today will be a happy day for you!

Old 06-28-2013, 07:42 AM   #44
gopherdame
Mouseketeer

Judy, I am so excited for your family! I have been at our lake cabin a lot, where we have no internet (and I like it that way). I keep trip reports in my favorites and your report was gone when I finally decided to check on them. So glad to see you have started a new one and you get to go back! I love keeping up on your family and all the stuff that's not about trips too. Sorry Lisa hasn't been feeling well, but God works in mysterious ways. How sad it would have been to miss out, and tell Pete's brother to ask you first next time.
gopherdame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:17 AM   #45
thebeesknees
DIS Veteran

What a nice article about Loren! I am glad to see some progress is being made on your house. I hope things stay on schedule so you can be back home very soon.

The wedding was very unique. The redwoods were beautiful, and the kids had a great time hunting for banana slugs, which seemed to be everywhere (yuck!). My niece got married in a park and then we all walked up to the picnic tables where they had grilled chicken and beef. The family had made several types of salad to round it out, and everyone's favor was a little bag with s'mores makings to use over the fire pit. The kids had a blast doing that, as well as climbing on the fallen trees and using them as nature's playground. It had rained all morning but cleared up right before the wedding so we didn't get poured on, thankfully. It was very chilly, but the fire pit helped warm things up. I must say that having the new van versus our old Camry made a huge difference in how comfortable we were for the trip. It turned out to be about 56 hours of driving because of construction delays and it was so nice not to be on top of each other. I am amazed at how huge our wonderful country is, and thought a lot about the early settlers making that trip with their wagons instead of an air-conditioned vehicle!

Hope Lisa is much better today. Elisabeth is mailing her a letter, so maybe that will help cheer her up a bit.

Tags
gktw

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: