Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2013, 11:24 AM   #1
DisneyEJT
Earning My Ears

Question about Comfort Suites for Atlantis

I'm hoping someone can help me with Atlantis in Nassau. Awhile back, I had looked into the day rate at Comfort Suites. At the time at least, it was $485.90 for a room for up to 4 that got you access to Atlantis. I'm not familiar (never been to Nassau so far), but I'm trying to compare it to doing an excursion through Disney. I see a two different ones listed on the DCL site, aside from ones with dolphin encounters. One is Atlantis Beach Day & Discover Atlantis, and the other is Atlantis Aquaventure. Which one would be the same type of access as doing the Comfort Suites option? It seems like the Beach Day one through Disney is cheaper than a family of 4 at Comfort Suites, while the Aquaventure is more expensive. Since what I've read says that Comfort Suites is cheaper than booking the excursion, I'm assuming that it is similar to Aquaventure? Can anyone clear it up for me? Thanks!

2013: Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 2013: Disney Wonder Western Caribbean 2012: Contemporary Resort 2010: Animal Kingdom Lodge 2007: Contemporary 2004: Doubletree Suties 2001: Carribean Beach Resort 1997: Swan Various trips growing up (offsite?)

DisneyEJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:56 AM   #2
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyEJT View Post
I'm hoping someone can help me with Atlantis in Nassau. Awhile back, I had looked into the day rate at Comfort Suites. At the time at least, it was $485.90 for a room for up to 4 that got you access to Atlantis. I'm not familiar (never been to Nassau so far), but I'm trying to compare it to doing an excursion through Disney. I see a two different ones listed on the DCL site, aside from ones with dolphin encounters. One is Atlantis Beach Day & Discover Atlantis, and the other is Atlantis Aquaventure. Which one would be the same type of access as doing the Comfort Suites option? It seems like the Beach Day one through Disney is cheaper than a family of 4 at Comfort Suites, while the Aquaventure is more expensive. Since what I've read says that Comfort Suites is cheaper than booking the excursion, I'm assuming that it is similar to Aquaventure? Can anyone clear it up for me? Thanks!
If you want to book through DCL and have access to all the water slides, lazy river, etc., you'll need to book the Aquaventure. The $169/person price tag is what makes a lot of people at least consider the CS option. As far as I know, there is not an option to get a day room at CS -- you need to make a regular, 1-night reservation. Many people check in and out at the same time, though, and never set foot in the room. When you book a room at CS you get full access to Atlantis, including the water park.

The rate you get at CS depends on the time of year and how booked they are. DH and I will be on the Dream in September, and we got a AAA rate of $143.10. With taxes and other charges, our grand total is $213.62. Our only other costs will be cab fare over ($4/person each way) and lunch (which I've read you can get relatively inexpensively near the toddler swim area).

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2013, 12:10 PM   #3
DisneyEJT
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much! That's very helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Lisa View Post
If you want to book through DCL and have access to all the water slides, lazy river, etc., you'll need to book the Aquaventure. The $169/person price tag is what makes a lot of people at least consider the CS option. As far as I know, there is not an option to get a day room at CS -- you need to make a regular, 1-night reservation. Many people check in and out at the same time, though, and never set foot in the room. When you book a room at CS you get full access to Atlantis, including the water park.

The rate you get at CS depends on the time of year and how booked they are. DH and I will be on the Dream in September, and we got a AAA rate of $143.10. With taxes and other charges, our grand total is $213.62. Our only other costs will be cab fare over ($4/person each way) and lunch (which I've read you can get relatively inexpensively near the toddler swim area).

2013: Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 2013: Disney Wonder Western Caribbean 2012: Contemporary Resort 2010: Animal Kingdom Lodge 2007: Contemporary 2004: Doubletree Suties 2001: Carribean Beach Resort 1997: Swan Various trips growing up (offsite?)

DisneyEJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:48 AM   #4
remlap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyEJT View Post
Thank you so much! That's very helpful!
The Comfort Suites is at it's best value when you have exactly four people. If you don't equal four, I highly recommend posting on your cruise meet thread to try to get to four. With two people, it was about 50/50 but once we paired up with another two people the CS became a no brainer. Best hotel room I never saw.

2008 4 Night Wonder to Bahamas & Castaway Cay
2010 2 Night Wonder Los Angeles Cruise to Nowhere
2012 7 Night Wonder Alaskan Adventure
2014 2 Night Wonder San Diego Cruise to Nowhere
2015 4 Night Dream to Bahamas & Castaway Cay
2015 2 Night Wonder San Diego Cruise to Nowhere
remlap is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: