Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2013, 12:31 AM   #1
pauly's girl
Mouseketeer

All Star Movies since Renovations??

I was wondering if anyone has stayed at the ASMo recently? We stayed in 2008 and were very disappointed. The room was hot all the time...we turned the air way down and it never got cool. We also had mold in our shower the whole 8 days. We informed the front desk everyday and it was never properly cleaned!! I filed a complaint and nothing was ever done. Needless to say we have stayed elsewhere and avoided the All Stars since. This year we were all set to do POP again but my kids want to do something different. So with a little over two months to go I call to switch the resort, because of FD the only values with regular rooms are Movies and POP. I explained to the CM the issues last time and she assured me the rooms were all renovated and much more efficient. Opinions please?? I just want to point out that I have had this booked since July of last year when I had my choice of resorts, now they want to switch....smh kids!! LOL!!
Sept. 2010~POP
Sept. 2013~ASMo
Sept. 2014~AS Sports

ME: DH: DD16 DS12
pauly's girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:16 AM   #2
Disneylifeforme
Mouseketeer

We stayed in08 as well. It was our first trip and I figured it was just over used resort. Have not stayed there since,have never stayed in value since. We are taking two trips this year and our Aug tripis very low key and we r staying at Movies. My travel agent said remodeled and much nicer,I viewed videos and it does appear nicer. Pixie Dust
Disneylifeforme is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2013, 05:50 AM   #3
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran

We stayed there shortly after the renovations and really liked it. We found the room clean and we had no problem with the A/C. When we go value, that's where we go!
Old 06-25-2013, 05:57 AM   #4
natebenma
DIS Veteran

I stayed last year as part of a class trip- I found the rooms clean and attractive and I was impressed with the food court.

The air conditioning was fine, but I don't like it super cold.

Here's a thread with some pictures from the resort

All Star Movies Picture thread

natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:58 AM   #5
Nohal
DIS Veteran

We have stayed there for the last few years. Last year we had a problem with the fridge - called housekeeping and they sent someone right away to fix it. It still didn't work so we called again and they brought a new fridge. I think if there is a problem with the room you need to call housekeeping and not tell the front desk. I like the resort as it is smaller and the layout is better than most.
Nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #6
MKFan-PR
Certified MK Freak! Work is what I do for Vacation money!

Stayed in January last year, post-renovations, and it was great. Everything was super-clean, the rooms were pretty good with the new TVs and furniture. Would stay there again in a heartbeat!

Had friends staying there this past April, and they also enjoyed their stay.

'73 - Offsite w/Parents * '75 - CR w/Parents * '77 - Offsite w/Parents * '83 - Offsite w/Parents * 10/94 - CBR - DW * 09/95 - Poly - DW * 11/96 - POFQ - DW * 11/97 - WL - DW * 10/99 - CSR - DW, DD * 08/02 - CBR - DW, DD * 12/03 - Poly - DW, DD * 07-08/05 - POFQ - DW, DD * 12/08 - CBR - DW, DD * 01/12 - AS-Mo DW, DD * 01/14 - POP DW, DD
MKFan-PR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:07 PM   #7
vanillarum
DIS Veteran

We were also there in Jan last year and it was great. We are returning in Aug. Good luck.
AUG '07 POLYNESIAN
DEC '11 POLYNESIAN
JAN "12 AS MOVIES
AUG '13 AS MOVIES
vanillarum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #8
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

I always tell people no matter which resort that when they have an issue to always and only go to the lobby and ask for the resort manager and talk to them face to face. Calling or talking to housekeeping or a CM rarely works.

DW DH DD(9) DD(4)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(3), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:01 PM   #9
circus4u
Mouseketeer

Stayed at All Star Music this past November and at All Star Movies in May this year. Both were clean and no problems. The rooms were virtually the same although we did prefer All Star Movies because of the Food Court though. Will be going back again in September, but will be staying at POP. We just want to try different resorts, not because there was anything wrong with the All Stars. We stay at the Values since it is just my wife and I and the only time we are there is to shower and sleep, so in our minds, it doesn't justify staying at a moderate or higher.
circus4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:23 PM   #10
pauly's girl
Mouseketeer

Yay! Thank you guys so much!! I feel so much better now...I'm excited again!!
Sept. 2010~POP
Sept. 2013~ASMo
Sept. 2014~AS Sports

ME: DH: DD16 DS12
pauly's girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: