Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2013, 05:32 PM   #1
tinkerbell_mom
Mouseketeer

Dining Plan with AP and Non-AP

We will have 3 people in our room with annual passes and one person who does not - if we have a room only reservation, will we be able to add the dining plan to all 4 of our reservations? Hope this makes sense - thanks!
tinkerbell_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:57 PM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell_mom View Post
We will have 3 people in our room with annual passes and one person who does not - if we have a room only reservation, will we be able to add the dining plan to all 4 of our reservations? Hope this makes sense - thanks!
Only 1 person in the room needs to have an AP in order to get the DDP for everyone in the same room. With that said, if you have room only now and want to add the DDP, the room only will have to be cancelled/refunded and a ticketless package (room + DDP) will have to be booked, requiring a new deposit (or payment in full if you are 45 days or less from arrival).

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2013, 06:04 PM   #3
bedogged
Choose parents that aged well

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell_mom View Post
In a word, yes. As I understand it, if you are booked with an AP discount, you can add the dinning plan for everyone in the room, no problem. If you are booked with a room only reservation, you can add dining for everyone...but you must buy at least a one day park ticket for everyone in the room regardless if they have an annual pass or not. If you are adding free dinning to your room only reservation, you have to buy at least a two day park ticket for everyone in the room.

Someone please correct me if I am in error!
bedogged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:08 PM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedogged View Post
but you must buy at least a one day park ticket for everyone in the room regardless if they have an annual pass or not. If you are adding free dinning to your room only reservation, you have to buy at least a two day park ticket for everyone in the room.

Someone please correct me if I am in error!
The ticket requirement is correct for FD, but not for paying for the DDP. AP holders can book a ticketless package (room + DDP) without having to buy additional park tickets. FD, on the other hand, would require the minimum purchase of a 2 day base ticket for everyone in the room, regardless of whether or not they have an AP.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 06-26-2013, 06:15 PM   #5
bedogged
Choose parents that aged well

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
The ticket requirement is correct for FD, but not for paying for the DDP. AP holders can book a ticketless package (room + DDP) without having to buy additional park tickets. FD, on the other hand, would require the minimum purchase of a 2 day base ticket for everyone in the room, regardless of whether or not they have an AP.
Okay, now I am confused! As an AP holder, I know I can book with an AP discount and add dinning WITHOUT buying tickets....but when I book with a NON-AP discount, such as 35% off, and add dinning, I have always been required to purchase one day tickets.
bedogged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:40 PM   #6
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedogged View Post
Okay, now I am confused! As an AP holder, I know I can book with an AP discount and add dinning WITHOUT buying tickets....but when I book with a NON-AP discount, such as 35% off, and add dinning, I have always been required to purchase one day tickets.
Any promo other than an AP discount would require a ticket purchase in order to get the DDP. If you book with a GP discount, then yes, you would have to purchase tickets in order to get the DDP.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: