Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #136
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!
 
DMGeurts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: DON'T feed the children!
Posts: 8,048

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denovagirl View Post



Hola! Been running around the past couple of days getting it done, for real! I seriously had a long list of things we needed to pick up for our trip and I got almost all of it. I am missing 1 thing only, rain ponchos, which I keep wanting to grab at WalMart and never remember, despite my being in there at least 3 times a week. Maybe I will just go to Amazon....{sigh}

But anyway. I told you how I ordered food from S&G, and that was mainly stuff that'd be too heavy (case of h2o) or needed to be cold (cream cheese) but I couldn't bring myself to pay the high mark ups on dry snacks. So I grabbed those this weekend too...



Please don't judge!!

I promise, we do NOT usually have these items in our home. In fact, I am quite the strict shopper, only buying fresh, organic, non processed items. (Which my family just loooves me for {sarcastic}) So this truly is a vacation in so many ways. I am actually a little worried for stomach issues because of the diet change, haha.

But, what I really was curious about is how you think I should pack this?? Leave as is and throw in the checked suitcase that we will use for souvenirs on the way home? Or open it all and put in ziplock bags and keep in the carry-ons? Does it matter with the airline to take this much food? I have never really traveled with so many snacks before! I know I was going to open some and throw a few in the kids airplane busy bags, but that is as far as my plan goes.

A couple of other questions I had this weekend...

When does the magical express packet usually come in the mail with the luggage tags? Just curious, I am waiting on it...

I got an email today saying my PP+ shipped...does it ship? I just assumed I would get a card or what not when I checked in. I didn't think they sent me anything ahead of time. So a little clarification on that would be great!

Other than that the days are actually sailing by okay. I can not wait for this week, I have some fun stuff coming in the mail/being picked up that I think you guys will LOVE! Eeep!

First of all... I am a HUGE h2Oh! drinker too!!! Live on the stuff - ever since I stopped drinking soda. I have a bottle right here next to me - Lemon Lime flavor. <---- I wish I could find a way to ship a case to the resort!

For our 2008 trip, I packed an entire suitcase full of snacks, and put it in our checked luggage (be careful - things like PB are likely to get searched, and will get thrown because it's a "liquid" in your carry on)... The only problem we had, was that I packed waaaaaay too many, and then we didn't have enough room for souvenirs when we came home. LOL

PHotopass+ is actually a CARD that they mail to you... The plus portion is very important - that card must go with you on your trip so they can add your ride/meal photos to it.

I think I answered everything? Feel free to correct me if I am wrong on the pHotopass+ portion.

D~
DMGeurts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:40 PM   #137
OregonMomToWDW
DIS Veteran
 
OregonMomToWDW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 555

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts

First of all... I am a HUGE h2Oh! drinker too!!! Live on the stuff - ever since I stopped drinking soda. I have a bottle right here next to me - Lemon Lime flavor. <---- I wish I could find a way to ship a case to the resort!

For our 2008 trip, I packed an entire suitcase full of snacks, and put it in our checked luggage (be careful - things like PB are likely to get searched, and will get thrown because it's a "liquid" in your carry on)... The only problem we had, was that I packed waaaaaay too many, and then we didn't have enough room for souvenirs when we came home. LOL

PHotopass+ is actually a CARD that they mail to you... The plus portion is very important - that card must go with you on your trip so they can add your ride/meal photos to it.

I think I answered everything? Feel free to correct me if I am wrong on the pHotopass+ portion.

D~
I got my photopass + and I got a letter, a cd of stock photos and a voucher that I need to bring to get the card once I am at wdw.
__________________
Shannon (me) DS (19) DD (17) DD (10)

PTR: 1 Summer, 2 Coasts, 3 Kids...Ready, Set, Go! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51560086
OregonMomToWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-14-2013, 04:43 PM   #138
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran
 
lvcourtneyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Staten Island
Posts: 1,282

I would probably pack most of the snacks in the checked suitcase and just put a few that you want your kids to have for the plane in the carry ons.

As for the photo pass plus, they send you a voucher attached to a CD full of stock photos. The voucher is extremely important as that is what you'll exchange for your red PP+ card at any PP location. They have them in each park, at DTD and a few deluxe hotels. Inside the CD case is another paper with a code you'll use when you get back and are ordering your CD. Put it in as a promo code so you don't have to re-pay for the CD at checkout.
__________________


Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:00 PM   #139
Denovagirl
DIS Veteran
 
Denovagirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Boerne, TX
Posts: 1,742

Thanks for all the info guys! I think I will pack the snacks in the checked bag, and the info on the PP+ clears that up!

Did anyone have an idea of when they send the magical express stuff out?
Denovagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #140
katiee37
DIS Veteran
 
katiee37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 698

Just starting some other PTRs on the boards and I LOVE yours! I can't wait to continue to watch/read your planning continue and then your trip unfold!
__________________
Katie
July 2008 Caribbean Beach--First visit
July 2009 Beach Club--A magical reunion
January 2014 Art of Animation--Celebrating my birthday January 2014 PTR
January 2015--Running the 5K and (yikes) possibly the Half Marathon!

katiee37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:03 PM   #141
Denovagirl
DIS Veteran
 
Denovagirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Boerne, TX
Posts: 1,742

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiee37 View Post
Just starting some other PTRs on the boards and I LOVE yours! I can't wait to continue to watch/read your planning continue and then your trip unfold!
Thanks! Reading PTRs and TRs is very addicting! Have fun!
Denovagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:20 PM   #142
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran
 
Chicago Mo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 4,637

Mickey mail is the most anticipated mail... ever....

can't tell you... is a PIXI DUST SURPRISE!!!


i didn't know about this PP+ mailing thing either.. Why do you get the cd now??

also in the parks you are handed MORE pp cards. keep them all.

the last time i was there (pre PP+) i had about 6 pp cards when i get to the room i would upload the card numbers right away incase i lost a card.

take pictures!!! take pictures of your PP cards again incase you lose them you still have the number!!

or has that all changed with the pp+
Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:17 PM   #143
STLMickeyMom
DIS Veteran
 
STLMickeyMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 1,511

I don't remember for sure, but I think last time we got our packet with luggage tags and stuff about a month before we left. i'd imagine you'll get yours any day now! exciting!!!
STLMickeyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:56 AM   #144
Denovagirl
DIS Veteran
 
Denovagirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Boerne, TX
Posts: 1,742

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
Mickey mail is the most anticipated mail... ever....

can't tell you... is a PIXI DUST SURPRISE!!!

i didn't know about this PP+ mailing thing either.. Why do you get the cd now??

also in the parks you are handed MORE pp cards. keep them all.

the last time i was there (pre PP+) i had about 6 pp cards when i get to the room i would upload the card numbers right away incase i lost a card.

take pictures!!! take pictures of your PP cards again incase you lose them you still have the number!!

or has that all changed with the pp+
Good tip on taking pics of the cards! Thanks!!
Denovagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:57 AM   #145
Denovagirl
DIS Veteran
 
Denovagirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Boerne, TX
Posts: 1,742

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLMickeyMom View Post
I don't remember for sure, but I think last time we got our packet with luggage tags and stuff about a month before we left. i'd imagine you'll get yours any day now! exciting!!!
That's what I figure, I just worry myself wondering if something went wrong and we don't get them, etc...jut wanted to make sure, you've set my mind at ease, thanks!
Denovagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:22 AM   #146
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran
 
Chicago Mo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 4,637

Did I mention Magic Shots?!?!? you have to ask for Magic Shots!!!
Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:38 AM   #147
babynala
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,626

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denovagirl View Post
I'm considering the pressed penny thing- yes I've seen the holders, they're awesome and I have some empty m&m things saved just in case...just not sure if having the passport and autograph book and pin trading is already too much and will suck a lot of time or what. Not having been before I want to soak it up and not be hell bent on seeking out all these things, because I'm sort of all or nothing, if I decide to do if I kinda get carried away and throw my whole heart in! I'm afraid ill turn into the penny/autograph crazy person! Haha...
Yeah, I think you will have plenty to do without the pressed penny thing. My son loves those pressed pennies so this is the first trip where I am going to actually plan for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denovagirl View Post

Other than that the days are actually sailing by okay. I can not wait for this week, I have some fun stuff coming in the mail/being picked up that I think you guys will LOVE! Eeep!

[/COLOR]
I like the ponchos from Walmart because they are clear and cheap. I need to restock because we used a bunch when we went to Universal (Tropical Storm Andrea was in town too). If you have AAA you can get a discount at some the restaurants and shops in Universal (including City Walk). You used to get it any any amount but I think the minimum is $50 now. That being said we were able to get a discount at places when we didn't spend $50 - just ask as it seems all locations have different policies.

I bet you will get your Mickey Mail soon and I can't wait to see your other fun stuff.
__________________
Me (Liz) DH DD (12) DS (9)


babynala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:50 PM   #148
Denovagirl
DIS Veteran
 
Denovagirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Boerne, TX
Posts: 1,742

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
Did I mention Magic Shots?!?!? you have to ask for Magic Shots!!!
Oh my I am excited for Magic shots! I have seen other peoples, and that is just so cute. Gah, I love Disney!
Denovagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:54 PM   #149
Denovagirl
DIS Veteran
 
Denovagirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Boerne, TX
Posts: 1,742

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
Yeah, I think you will have plenty to do without the pressed penny thing. My son loves those pressed pennies so this is the first trip where I am going to actually plan for it.
I may do it. I have a few small projects I wrapping up here and then I will probably be bored and want another project to occupy my time! Haha, I figure how ever much change I put in there will be the amount she can get this time, so were not trying to hit every single one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
I like the ponchos from Walmart because they are clear and cheap. I need to restock because we used a bunch when we went to Universal (Tropical Storm Andrea was in town too). If you have AAA you can get a discount at some the restaurants and shops in Universal (including City Walk). You used to get it any any amount but I think the minimum is $50 now. That being said we were able to get a discount at places when we didn't spend $50 - just ask as it seems all locations have different policies.

I bet you will get your Mickey Mail soon and I can't wait to see your other fun stuff.
Good to know about the ponchos, I haven't even looked at them at Wal Mart yet, wasn't sure what all they had.

Good deal about AAA, I am not a member but the in-laws are, maybe we can get by using their card? Heehee...I am not sure how it works, I am sure our bill at Margaritaville will be over $50 for sure!

Checked the mail today and nothing good I really hope it come this week!!
Denovagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #150
Denovagirl
DIS Veteran
 
Denovagirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Boerne, TX
Posts: 1,742

Mickey Notes

Hey guys, I told you I had some fun stuff this week!! And some of it is done!!

First off I made up a stroller plate!! I also plan to make some fun ribbons to attach as well to make it stand out even more, and I need to get a page protector to put it in as well. But I like it, I think it turned out pretty cute.





Also, I finally printed up the Mickey Notes that I made to leave with the small gifts each morning for the girls! Here are a few of them, some I used the same designs on, so here are the different backgrounds...











Overall, I think that they will serve their purpose and get the job done! I know Olivia is going to be so excited to read these with me each morning!!! I simply can not wait.

I have some other fun stuff that I am working on, and still waiting to arrive! I want to share them with you so bad! This is gonna be a fun week of updates!

{{Life Update}}
I had planned finishing up one project today so I could post about it, but I think I may end up curled on the couch with my coffee, the Dis, and maybe a good book instead! It is actually kinda dreary in San Antonio today, some light rain and overcast, and I totally have a book hangover from last night... (Stayed up till like 3am reading!! Could NOT put my book down until I finished it!) Also, I just read about Corey Monteith dying and it makes me sad, I must admit I do watch gLee, and it will never be the same now. Anyhow, hope all of you are doing well. See you soon, very soon!
Denovagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: