Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2013, 12:07 PM   #1
pmills
Earning My Ears

what's in the cabin and other newbie questions

What is inside Veranda cabins? Do they stock it with wine glasses, cork screw, an umbrella, binoculars, robes, ipod docking station, beach towels ?
I'm considering my first Disney cruise.

Also, could you please give me the link mentioned where you sign up x days ahead making reservations for dining etc. If you sign up for an excursion and then change your mind how many days ahead do you need to cancel ?

Lastly, if there are multiple cabins booked are they all linked together so Disney knows you may be traveling as a group/family?

Thank you for your time and help.
pmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:17 PM   #2
Jestocost
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmills View Post
What is inside Veranda cabins? Do they stock it with wine glasses, cork screw, an umbrella, binoculars, robes, ipod docking station, beach towels ?
Other than toiletries for the bathroom, a few sheets of stationery and a pen, standard cabins do not come stocked with the items you have listed. Your room steward will bring you wine glasses and other service items if you request them. Beach towels are available poolside or as you exit the ship for excursions, but are not provided in the cabins. I do not believe they will bring robes, umbrellas or binoculars (although they will sell them to you in the store). The classic ships do not currently have iPod docks (at least the Wonder did not earlier this month) and I can't recall if the newer ships do or not. Concierge cabins have additional amenities.

Quote:
Also, could you please give me the link mentioned where you sign up x days ahead making reservations for dining etc. If you sign up for an excursion and then change your mind how many days ahead do you need to cancel ?
Just log into your reservation at this link and when your window for booking specialty dining and excursions opens the section to make those arrangements will be unlocked. Note that you do need to be paid in full before you can book any specialty dining or excursions.

Not sure about cancellations. It may vary based on the excursion. The terms should be spelled out when you make your reservation.

Quote:
Lastly, if there are multiple cabins booked are they all linked together so Disney knows you may be traveling as a group/family?
They can link your reservations if you would like them to do that. Just call to make those arrangements or to confirm if the reservations already are linked.
Spring 1976, WDW/Golf Resort; Spring 2000, WDW/CBR; Summer 2002, WDW/CBR; Thanksgiving 2003, Disney Wonder & WDW/CBR; Fall 2004, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2005, Disney Magic Western Caribbean; Fall 2005, WDW/BC; Summer 2006, Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean & WDW/POFQ; Christmas 2006, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2007, DLR/Disneyland Hotel; Fall 2007, WDW/Poly; Summer 2008, WDW/POFQ & Disney Wonder B2B; Thanksgiving 2008, WDW/Poly; Summer 2009, WDW/AKL; Christmas/New Year 2009-2010, WDW/Poly and Disney Magic Western Caribbean; Spring Break 2010, WDW/BC; Summer 2010, WDW/GF; Thanksgiving 2010, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2011, WDW/BC; Summer 2011, WDW/BWI; Thanksgiving 2011, Disney Dream; Summer 2012, WDW/AKL;F&WF 2012, WDW/BWI; Spring Break 2013, WDW/BC; Summer 2013, Disney Wonder Alaska; F&WF 2013, WDW/YC; Spring Break 2014, WDW/AKL and Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; Summer 2014, WDW/WL

Jestocost is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2013, 12:17 PM   #3
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

All non-concierge cabins have the same "amentities" - bath, queen size bed, sofa bed (twin size), desk, TV, double closet, a few drawers, clock with iPod dock (not sure if this is on all ships or just the newer ones), water glasses on a tray, ice bucket, mini fridge (Dream and Fantasy) or small "cooler box" (Magic and Wonder). Towels and linens. Some rooms will also have a bunk that pulls down out of the ceiling, and/or a murphy bed that pulls out of the wall. Beach towels are available on the pool deck or as you leave the ship for an excursion/CC day.

You can request a cork screw and/or wine glasses if needed. You will need to provide your own umbrella, binoculars, robes if desired.

You can log into your reservation on the DCL website to do online check-in and reserve dining, excursions, etc. This will be available 75 days prior to departure for new cruisers, though you can access the reservation earlier. Excursions can be canceled up to 3 days prior to departure date - not 3 days prior to the excursion date/port stop.

You (or your TA) should contact DCL and request that multiple rooms be "linked" for dining - it may not be done automatically.

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:32 PM   #4
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestocost View Post
The classic ships do not currently have iPod docks (at least the Wonder did not earlier this month) and I can't recall if the newer ships do or not.
Our last 3 cruises were on the Wonder. The clock in the room has an iPod dock. The "old" connection, not the new one.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:35 PM   #5
Purplejewel
Purplejewel

Quote:
I'm considering my first Disney cruise.

Thank you for your time and help.
Hello,

Regular Veranda cabins that are not in the Concierge Level (which costs more) are not stocked with wine glasses or cork screws but you can ask your room attendant to provide these items and he/she will gladly do so. Also, the Regular Veranda cabins are not stocked with unbrellas, binoculars, robes, ipod docking stations or beach towels. You obtain beach towels from the large holding bins located beside each of the pools on deck. I believe the Concierge Level cabins provide robes, not sure about the ipod docking stations (can someone that has stayed in Concierge Level answer that please).

If this is your 1st Disney Cruise, I believe you cannot sign up for excursions or dining reservations at Palo or Remy until 75 days out. I also believe you can cancel any excursion or dining reservations within 24 hours and not get charged but I have never had to cancel anything. If anyone else can confirm this, I would appreciate it.

As for Disney knowing you are traveling as a group in multiple cabins, you will need to call Disney Cruise Line and give them all the Reservation #s for all the cabins in your group and they will link them together in their computer system. This is important if you want to eat at the same table for dinner each night. If you do not link the cabins, you may not be seated at the same table. Make sure that all members of your party picked "early dining" or "late dining". Once your cabins are all linked, it also makes it easier to book dining reservations and excursions for everyone in your group because once your "booking window" opens you will see everyone listed in the linked cabins when go online to make the reservations and you can select all of the participants at the same time to ensure everyone gets booked for the same excursions and dining reservatons.

I hope this information helps you. I know you will love a Disney Cruise.

January 2008 - 3-Day Bahama (Wonder); January 2009 - 7-Day Eastern Caribbean (Magic)
January 2010 - 3-Day Bahama (Wonder); February 2011 - 7-Day Mexican Riviera (Wonder)
November 2011 - 3-Day Bahama -4 Daughters' 1st Cruise (Dream); February 2012 - 7-Day Eastern Caribbean (Magic); February 2013 -7-Day Eastern Caribbean (Fantasy); February 2014 - 7-Day Eastern Caribbean (Fantasy)
Purplejewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:41 PM   #6
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplejewel View Post
...I also believe you can cancel any excursion or dining reservations within 24 hours and not get charged but I have never had to cancel anything. If anyone else can confirm this, I would appreciate it....
Possibly dining and spa services can be canceled that close, I've never had to do so.

Excursions MUST be canceled at least 3 days prior to boarding or risk a charge regardless. You can request to cancel once onboard, and if there is a waiting list for that excursion you may avoid the fee, but policy is to cancel 3 days prior to boarding to avoid being charged for the excursion.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:38 AM   #7
debsters41
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanejudy View Post
Possibly dining and spa services can be canceled that close, I've never had to do so.

Excursions MUST be canceled at least 3 days prior to boarding or risk a charge regardless. You can request to cancel once onboard, and if there is a waiting list for that excursion you may avoid the fee, but policy is to cancel 3 days prior to boarding to avoid being charged for the excursion.
My Spa reservation had a notation to cancel 3 days prior to boarding.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:38 AM   #8
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanejudy View Post

Adult dining reservations must be canceled by 2:00 pm the day of the reservation, at least on the classic ships.

Excursion reservations must be canceled as noted above.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:51 AM   #9
erocrobro
DIS Veteran

The clocks on the Fantasy can be used as an ipod/phone charger.

erocrobro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:35 PM   #10
sgc1107
sgc1107

FYI an iPhone with otterbox will not fit on the docking station. You'll have to take it out of the case. :-)

sgc1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:18 PM   #11
katieisawesome
Earning My Ears

I didn't know the concierge cabins had any additional in room perks! Need to do more research...
Old 06-29-2013, 01:29 PM   #12
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Spa reservations have to be cancelled at least 24 hours in advance once onboard to avoid a charge.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: