DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2013, 10:55 PM   #1
ksmummee
Earning My Ears

pool cabanas?

We are staying at AKL on DVC points. I see cabanas are available at Poly. The Disney site says they are only available to guests staying at Poly. I know as DVC members, we can pool hop. I'd love a cabana for the day - are DVC members able to rent the cabanas?

thanks!
ksmummee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:18 AM   #2
Msmithmd
DIS Veteran

(Retracted, I was incorrect based on poly signage...)

Last edited by Msmithmd; 06-26-2013 at 01:37 AM.
Msmithmd is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2013, 01:24 AM   #3
AllyBri
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmithmd View Post
You cannot pool hop to the Polynesian, DVC or no. It isn't allowed from anywhere. Poly guests only.
Since when?

TDS 1994-2005
DVC 1994
Celebratiºoºn 2001
Living The Dream!

When you die
God and the angels
will hold you accountable
for all the pleasures you were allowed in life
that you denied yourself.
AllyBri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:16 AM   #4
quirty30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmummee View Post
We are staying at AKL on DVC points. I see cabanas are available at Poly. The Disney site says they are only available to guests staying at Poly. I know as DVC members, we can pool hop. I'd love a cabana for the day - are DVC members able to rent the cabanas?

thanks!
The current Portable Perks offers a DVC discount for the cabanas at the CR, so that could be your back-up plan if you really want a cabana and aren't limited to the Poly. As for those cabanas, I would call and inquire as to whether DVC members "hopping" to the Poly pool could rent the cabanas as well. Keep in mind, you probably want to book ahead of time. We were staying at BLT and the cabanas were booked solid for our entire stay.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:35 PM   #5
DenLo
DIS Veteran

The cabanas at CR are for members staying at BLT using their DVC points or discount. They are not open to all DVC members. CR and BLT are both resorts that are not open to pool hopping so that is why the discount will only work for BLT guests.

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:39 PM   #6
RoutemanDan
DIS Veteran

I rented a cabana at the CR when staying at BLT and another time when staying at OKW. They asked where I was staying and I told them. Didn't seem to matter at all. Call them.
RoutemanDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:40 PM   #7
RoutemanDan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenLo View Post
The cabanas at CR are for members staying at BLT using their DVC points or discount. They are not open to all DVC members. CR and BLT are both resorts that are not open to pool hopping so that is why the discount will only work for BLT guests.
The cabanas are not only for dvc members.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #8
ksmummee
Earning My Ears

i called, they said you have to be staying at the resort.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:00 PM   #9
quirty30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenLo View Post
Quoted directly from Portable Perks:

"For a special experience, try a luxurious poolside cabana at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Cabana amenities include: personalized service from an attentive Cast Member, 32" flat-screen television with DVD player, digital music docking station, mini refrigerator, fruit platter, chilled soft drinks, and bottled water. Members take 10% off with advance reservations! Call (407) WDW-PLAY (407-939-7529) to make reservations."

And from the pool hopping section:

"Pool hopping is not available at Bay Cove Pool at Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Uzima Pool and Samawati Springs Pool at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Stormalong Bay at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts, the leisure pool at Disney’s Beach Club Villas, and the pools at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort. There are no exceptions to this policy."

Doesn't say anything about the CR pool being off limits - just the Bay Cove Pool at BLT. I couldn't imagine they would offer the Cabana rentals in the Portable Perks if it wasn't open to any DVC member.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:21 PM   #10
RoutemanDan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by quirty30 View Post
Quoted directly from Portable Perks:

"For a special experience, try a luxurious poolside cabana at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Cabana amenities include: personalized service from an attentive Cast Member, 32" flat-screen television with DVD player, digital music docking station, mini refrigerator, fruit platter, chilled soft drinks, and bottled water. Members take 10% off with advance reservations! Call (407) WDW-PLAY (407-939-7529) to make reservations."

And from the pool hopping section:

"Pool hopping is not available at Bay Cove Pool at Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Uzima Pool and Samawati Springs Pool at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Stormalong Bay at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts, the leisure pool at Disney’s Beach Club Villas, and the pools at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort. There are no exceptions to this policy."

Doesn't say anything about the CR pool being off limits - just the Bay Cove Pool at BLT. I couldn't imagine they would offer the Cabana rentals in the Portable Perks if it wasn't open to any DVC member.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:55 PM   #11
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by quirty30 View Post

That's how I've read it, too. Never was brave enough to ask here.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #12
ksmummee
Earning My Ears

I can't see the whole thread, so I hope this pertains.
You can only rent a cabana if toy are staying at that resort.
I wanted one this summer but was told no. Imagine how aggravating it was when we went to that resort and they were all empty but I couldn't rent it!
Old 10-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #13
pavicich
Mouseketeer

Another cabana question for you experts- we have one booked at BLT for an upcoming trip. We always bring our own drinks/cocktails/snacks to the pools. Is it ok to do this in cabanas also? Asking due to the fact there is an attendant assigned and don't want to do anything non kosher. Thanks in advance!
pavicich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #14
DisneyFF1124
Mouseketeer

Hi there! We had one in September during our honeymoon trip. The attendant was great and would have gotten anything we ordered but we did bring down a few snacks and a container of cocktails that we mixed in the room. The attendant didn't seem to mind and was very pleasant all day! Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

DisneyFF1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #15
pavicich
Mouseketeer

Thx for the info!
pavicich is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: