Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2013, 04:26 PM   #31
g3pak
DIS Veteran

Such fascinating info from everyone. Thank you for the info on a locker. We would want one. Sounds like we should plan for no locker or stop at Eden.

Sweetpea- we are celebrating our 20th anniversary without kids 2 weeks after you. Mordecai- looks like we will be on your boat. I bet we run into each other at Sunset.

Buses on Grand Cayman- I have heard different things. Are they just vans? I think now we will want to hit Sunset only for snorkeling, refreshments, then hit 7 mile beach for a brief look around. Should we take a taxi or bus to 7 mile from Sunset?
g3pak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:39 PM   #32
mordecai
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by g3pak View Post
Mordecai- looks like we will be on your boat. I bet we run into each other at Sunset.
Did you join our cruise board of the Facebook page yet? Might want to do that. I'm trying to organize a group to go snorkeling on there.
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2013, 04:50 PM   #33
Capt_BJ
So Many Times

Buses on Grand Cayman- I have heard different things. Are they just vans? I think now we will want to hit Sunset only for snorkeling, refreshments, then hit 7 mile beach for a brief look around. Should we take a taxi or bus to 7 mile from Sunset?

Like I said, I have never used the buses on GC but if you search I believe you'll find info from those that have. But here's a point or two to ponder

- Seven Mile Beach is on the west side of the island and north of Georgetown where the tenders come in.
- Sunset and Eden are on the same west side of the island, but south of town. Eden is 'yards' from the tender landings and Sunset as mentioned less then a mile.
- Sunset has no 'beach' as you can see in the pictures this is 'iron shore' and the sea pool and dock are cut out of the coral. Same at Eden. South of town the drop off is 'right here' and that's why there is fantastic shore snorkel/diving. North of town there is 7 mile beach
- 7 mile has a white sand beach and shallow water for nearly a mile off shore b4 the drop ... which is why most Cayman diving is boat diving. The good dive spots off 7 Mile are WAY off 7 Mile.
- From both 7 mile, and Sunset you are gonna be looking out at the same chunk of ocean ... one has sand and the other doesn't.
- if seeing the same ocean with vs without sand makes a difference then you need to go up north! :-)

My TA tells me we are crazy if we do not visit 7 mile beach so I would like to at least visit it for a few minutes before returning to the ship.

Ask your TA if they have ever heard of Sunset House . . .

Just my worthless opinion but if I had a choice 'tween another libation at My Bar or a bus to 'look at' 7 mile . . . . well NO question in my mind. But obviously I'm biased!

WDW more than I can count incl EPCOT opening
40+ cruises including
DCL x 7 incl inaugural years of Magic and Wonder
retired 29 yr USCG, 12 years at sea, 4 in Command

Last edited by Capt_BJ; 06-28-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Capt_BJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: