Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #106
Heidict
I'm not witty enough for a tag... but you can count on me to save all the good deleted posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippingalong View Post
Or maybe it was a trick that he knew she was pregnant and never sent a pack of diapers or a onesie? Or maybe it was a trick when he was told that babies gestate for 9 months instead of 12? I mean, how in the world did he miss that his child had been born for 4 months? Did he attempt to see her and know she had been sent out of state? Oh, at 4 months old, then he did.

Yep, what nasty tricks they played on him.
Sure, there was no deceit by the mother or the adoption agency. Right? When he signed the papers, he thought he was signing away his rights to the mother while he was away, at war. I am sure nobody else has made an incorrect assumption or a mistake, right? Could thing they didn't rip your baby out of your arms when you screwed up.

Heidict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:56 AM   #107
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidict View Post
Sure, there was no deceit by the mother or the adoption agency. Right? When he signed the papers, he thought he was signing away his rights to the mother while he was away, at war. I am sure nobody else has made an incorrect assumption or a mistake, right? Could thing they didn't rip your baby out of your arms when you screwed up.
And it was an innocent mistake on her part that she didn't know how to spell her ex-fiance's name correctly. Right.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2013, 10:56 AM   #108
Heidict
I'm not witty enough for a tag... but you can count on me to save all the good deleted posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
I also believe that certain religious organizations had a lot to do with pushing this forward for their own reasons. Specifically, Christian Alliance for Indian Child Welfare and other organizations that support it.
I am sure that they are being pushed and encouraged along by many people and/or organizations. Of course, they are all doing it for their own benefit, but when someone is telling you what you want to hear, it's easy to block everything else out.

I do feel bad for them. Really, I do. I can't imagine what they have gone through. To have wanted a child for so long and to finally have one then to have them ripped from you must be gut wrenching.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:58 AM   #109
Heidict

Quote:
And it was an innocent mistake on her part that she didn't know how to spell her ex-fiance's name correctly. Right.
I know, it was such a tough name also! She really thinks that people are stupid enough to believe it was an honest mistake?

Old 06-26-2013, 10:59 AM   #110
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am sure that they are being pushed and encouraged along by many people and/or organizations. Of course, they are all doing it for their own benefit, but when someone is telling you what you want to hear, it's easy to block everything else out.

I do feel bad for them. Really, I do. I can't imagine what they have gone through. To have wanted a child for so long and to finally have one then to have them ripped from you must be gut wrenching.
I actually feel bad for them too. It's a heart wrenching situation all around.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #111
zippingalong
Mouseketeer

I personally think that people who believe he has rights to a child he didn't support with a penny or attempt to make contact with until months after her birth are stupid.

And apparently, SCOTUS agrees with me.
zippingalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:06 AM   #112
jrmasm
Last time I checked, it was still the thought that counted
Wanna debate that topic?
So elegant but goofy!!

Quote:
I personally think that people who believe he has rights to a child he didn't support with a penny or attempt to make contact with until months after her birth are stupid.

Nice.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:07 AM   #113
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
They play with this little girls life like it's a game. She is getting bounced around every couple of years from one family to the next. I can't imagine what she must be going through. If she is taken away from her REAL father she will be forced to live with strangers.

Sure they love her and want her back, but she doesn't remember them. She will have no idea who they are. All she will know is that she will never see her father again. Kidnapped and forced to live with strangers. Yeah, I'm sure she will grow up loving these two. None of that matters to them. They want a child and will do so at any costs. It's about possession, not about love or what is best for her. They are blinded to all of that with this all consuming passion to have a child.

It really doesn't surprise me that this is what would come out of SCOTUS. I have agreed with much of what has come out of them in a long time.
So if you have a child and it's taken from you, you'd let her/him go and not fight to get them back home with you?

My husband and I have 2 bio sons and an adopted daughter. I'm here to tell you that I would fight until the end of my life to get each of our children back home. The fact that I did not give birth to our daughter means nothing in terms of how much we love her and we would move heaven and earth for her the same way we would for our sons. There is no difference between a birth parent and an adopted parent when it comes to loving their children.

Veronica's father did zero to help Veronica's birth mother and said he would do nothing to help support she and his baby.

If any of you or if you have a daughter and the dad said he wouldn't help financially, what would you think of him?
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #114
Heidict

Quote:

Um, nope. That is not what SCOTUS said. They did not terminate his rights. His daughter is not being removed from her home and given to the adoptive parents. Nor did they call anyone stupid.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #115
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaSB12 View Post
Why not be angry at international adoption when there is evidence enough of children being stolen for the market?
http://www.theatlantic.com/internati...the-us/247329/
And cue the Roman candles, bottle rockets and assorted fireworks. I'll let you get back to a busy day of death wishing.
EMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #116
palmtreegirl
DIS Veteran

palmtreegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #117
zippingalong
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Um, nope. That is not what SCOTUS said. They did not terminate his rights. His daughter is not being removed from her home and given to the adoptive parents. Nor did they call anyone stupid.
Thanks, I read the decision.

It actually says that Dusten did not act like a father and abandoned her daughter so even though legally if he HAD taken care of her, he would have been covered under ICWA. Instead, he's not.

And the SC Supreme Court has already found that the Capobianco's are the parents who SHOULD have custody but they're hands were tied by ICWA. The SCOTUS has pushed the ruling back to the SC SC and told them to try again not using ICWA in their decision.

What do you think that means?
Old 06-26-2013, 11:14 AM   #118
Janepod
The new dinning plan is out. Need to get those ressies in!

Quote:
Only if those legal challenges are from lies and dirty tricks made by the birth mother, the adoption agency, the adoptive couple and their lawyers. I fully support adoptions, but not at the risk (as someone said upthread) of stealing someone's child away. Where some people see a dead beat dad, I see a dad that was systematically frozen out of his daughter's life by his ex-fiance, the Capobiancos and their lawyers.
I agree, as does Justice Sotomayor in her dissent.
Janepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #119
zippingalong
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janepod View Post
I agree, as does Justice Sotomayor in her dissent.
I'm still waiting to hear what dirty tricks caused him to put in writing (text) that he would rather give up parental rights than pay child support.

HE DID THIS! Nobody else tricked him into it.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #120
tasha99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I guess it was a "trick" when he texted the birth mother and said he'd give up parental rights before paying child support? Or when he signed off his rights before having the paperwork read by his free lawyer?
That wasn't a trick. It was a mistake. He tried to fix things as soon as he knew and when his daughter was only 4 months old. At that point, especially in light of the legal errors in his notification, he should have been able to get his daughter back.
tasha99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: