Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2014, 05:46 PM   #1
nighttowll
DIS Veteran

Euro Rail Passes - questions / advice needed

I'm thinking about getting the select 4 countries (Ireland, France, Italy, and Greece) for 10 days. I'm just not sure about it.

Does anyone have any experience using the Euro Rail passes? Opinions? Good. Bad.

Can someone explain how you count the days you use with the whole calendar thing you have to use. I don't understand exactly how this works. Do you need to book everything in advance on the calendar?

Can someone explain the 7pm rule. I don't understand the explanation given on the website?

Does anyone know how the Ireland to France ferry works? The fine print says that Italy to Greece ferry is covered under cost of pass, but I couldn't find anything that mentions Ireland to France.

Also, how do I tell which trains and routes are covered? Because it looks like not all are. And the little map on the website just isn't very clear to me. Does anyone know where I could find a more detailed map or list of what's covered by country?

Thanks
nighttowll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:23 PM   #2
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum...in_Travel.html

The trip advisor forums have never failed me for spot on advice for traveling through Europe.

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:28 PM   #3
nighttowll
DIS Veteran

Yep, I love trip advisor. Thanks for the link. I just normally ask on more than one forum. Better chance of getting answers, and you never know what kind of useful tips someone might have. I'm really more interested in personal opinion and how it works than anything. I've been reading the Eurail website all night.

I'm sure I'm going to be spending quite a bit of time hanging out on the trip advisor forum over the next few weeks. I'm sort of in panic mode. This is a last minute opportunity that just came up for me to go, but it backs right up to my beach vacation, leaving me less than a month to get both trips completely taken care of.
nighttowll is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: