Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2013, 03:45 PM   #91
pxlbarrel
They won't allow any kind of cow though
Geez, I gotta start cleaning your rooms so I can get those treats

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmb123 View Post

I believe I have completely confused myself now is the all digital photos just the disk? and the all digital + prints just that? cd & all the prints, I scoured their sight but it didn't spell it our enough. I want the disk and photos....so what are the prints?
The prints are the ones they print out and have on display. If you're buying the CD and prints (hard copy), you pick up the prints and give them to the Shutters staff. They put it in your cabin folder. At the end of the cruise, you pick up the whole packet of photographs and the CD of digital images will be available either in the last evening or just before you disembark.
1975 WDW Fort Wilderness | 1983 Disneyland | 1992 WDW Offsite | 1996 Disneyland (DL Pacific Hotel)| 1999 Disneyland | 2000 WDW Dixie Landings | 2002 Disneyland | 2003 WDW Offsite | 2004 Disneyland | 2005 WDW Offsite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 Tokyo Disneyland /Disney Sea / HK Disneyland (Disney's Hollywood Hotel) | 2008 Disneyland | 2008 WDW Offsite | 2009 Disneyland Paris | 2009 Disneyland | 2009 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort - DCL Disney Magic | 2011 Disneyland | 2011 Disney Magic Mediterranean | 2012 Disneyland (VGC) | 2012 ABD -Enchanted China | 2012 HK Disneyland | 2012 DCL Disney Magic NYC/Canada | 2012 WDW Boardwalk | 2013 Disneyland | 2013 Disney Magic Mediterranean Greek | 2013 Disney Dream Bahamas | 2014 Disneyland (VGC)
pxlbarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:33 AM   #92
George69
Mouseketeer

Make sure you read all the fine print....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmb123 View Post
I believe I have completely confused myself now is the all digital photos just the disk? and the all digital + prints just that? cd & all the prints, I scoured their sight but it didn't spell it our enough. I want the disk and photos....so what are the prints?
The prints are ONLY ones they have on display. They do NOT include every picture taken of you on display. The photo book does NOT include all pictures taken of you either. The disk does not include any pics taken off ship. So, purposely, certain groups of pics (ie off the boat, etc...) are missing from each package. I would believe that this is intended for people to buy every single package they have which is the only way to get every pic.

I read the fine print on every page through that darn picture website (yep took long, agonizing). When I realized that, ultimately you had to get the album and disk to truly get all pics, I had a sour taste in my mouth because I feel that is a creepy thing to do to people. I am sure many people don't know that because you figure that a disk of all pics is truly a disk of all pics, and it is not.
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2013, 09:40 AM   #93
George69
Mouseketeer

On the website it says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeerIsleDisney View Post
Does anyone know about how many photos they print? We're considering the 7-day All photo CD and prints.... but could we end up with only 10-15 prints because they don't print many out? Or, do they print the best one of each shot? (i.e. one of everyone with the captain even if they took 3 shots to get everyone's eyes open).
that they do not print every picture. This isn't coming from me, it is stated in fine print on the website. If you think about it, it makes sense because to print and display every pic from everyone on board, oh my! I'm just letting you know what the site says because I thought about this as well and now, no way. Obviously they can print what you want but you pay per pic, but if you buy the print package, not all pics are included, just the ones they decided to print and display, (as per site). Actually all of the fine print and purposeful leaving groups of pics out of every package so people buy more than one package to get all the prints really doesn't sit well with me.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:51 AM   #94
pxlbarrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by George69 View Post
that they do not print every picture. This isn't coming from me, it is stated in fine print on the website. If you think about it, it makes sense because to print and display every pic from everyone on board, oh my! I'm just letting you know what the site says because I thought about this as well and now, no way. Obviously they can print what you want but you pay per pic, but if you buy the print package, not all pics are included, just the ones they decided to print and display, (as per site). Actually all of the fine print and purposeful leaving groups of pics out of every package so people buy more than one package to get all the prints really doesn't sit well with me.
Ok...I just got off the Magic at the end of July and this was my 4th cruise. We did the CD and prints deal. We got EVERY photo that was taken on the CD and EVERY photo was printed off. Even the crappy photos were printed off. Even the photos taken off the ship were printed out and on the CD.

We did this 2 years ago and again, every photo was on the CD including many taken on excursions. We also did this a few years ago on our first cruise. Nothing was excluded.

They even managed to print photos from a corrupted memory card. The photos never got printed but they showed up on the kiosk when they finally recovered them from the card. When I asked about them, they told me to just go to the kiosk and ask for a "reprint"....and since I was getting the "unlimited package", there would be no charge, despite what the kiosk said. Good to their word, I got the printed photos in my bunch of hard copies...AND it was on the CD.

I'm not reading their website but speaking from experience. Every time we've done this, we've had all the photos on the CD and printed. If they weren't on the CD or the kiosk (you need to make sure everything is there by periodically checking the kiosks), it's usually because their facial recognition software hasn't worked or there's been a mistake....but you rectify that by telling the Shutters staff and they find it and fix it.
1975 WDW Fort Wilderness | 1983 Disneyland | 1992 WDW Offsite | 1996 Disneyland (DL Pacific Hotel)| 1999 Disneyland | 2000 WDW Dixie Landings | 2002 Disneyland | 2003 WDW Offsite | 2004 Disneyland | 2005 WDW Offsite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 Tokyo Disneyland /Disney Sea / HK Disneyland (Disney's Hollywood Hotel) | 2008 Disneyland | 2008 WDW Offsite | 2009 Disneyland Paris | 2009 Disneyland | 2009 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort - DCL Disney Magic | 2011 Disneyland | 2011 Disney Magic Mediterranean | 2012 Disneyland (VGC) | 2012 ABD -Enchanted China | 2012 HK Disneyland | 2012 DCL Disney Magic NYC/Canada | 2012 WDW Boardwalk | 2013 Disneyland | 2013 Disney Magic Mediterranean Greek | 2013 Disney Dream Bahamas | 2014 Disneyland (VGC)
Old 07-30-2013, 10:27 AM   #95
caitlinS9
Earning My Ears

So reading through more on their terms & conditions, it appears if I buy the CD for my stateroom, they will add the kid's stateroom for free because they are less than 21 (sorry, can't post the link right now to the FAQ). You have to do this once you get onboard. (My kids are in an adjoining room with my mother aka built in babysitter). It also says that large families can get additional CDs for 50% off (as PP posted). I'm curious to know if that's true, cause then i can split the cost with family & this makes this a phenomal bargain for a 7-day cruise.
caitlinS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:21 AM   #96
Galactus
Mouseketeer

Smile Prepaid photos: Photobook plus all pictures incl disk

Hello,

I am a little confused on the Photobook plus the FREE photodisk. Supposedly, it is an on-line only offer. I am looking to go ALL OUT and get the Photobook + all pics + disk. However, if the disk comes FREE with the photobook, does the disk ONLY contain the photos in the photobook or ALL photos of the cruise. In other words, can I save money by just purchasing the Photobook + ALL Photos...and get the disk FREE (which would contain ALL Photos).

I think it would save $50.

Does anyone know how this works?

Thanks, Charles
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #97
Arkum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitlinS9 View Post
So reading through more on their terms & conditions, it appears if I buy the CD for my stateroom, they will add the kid's stateroom for free because they are less than 21 (sorry, can't post the link right now to the FAQ). You have to do this once you get onboard. (My kids are in an adjoining room with my mother aka built in babysitter). It also says that large families can get additional CDs for 50% off (as PP posted). I'm curious to know if that's true, cause then i can split the cost with family & this makes this a phenomal bargain for a 7-day cruise.
I'd love to find out about this as well. My two kids are each in a different room with a grandparent so 3 rooms. We have a group of 6 cabins all together though so I'm wondering about this deal.
Arkum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:34 AM   #98
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Hello,

I am a little confused on the Photobook plus the FREE photodisk. Supposedly, it is an on-line only offer. I am looking to go ALL OUT and get the Photobook + all pics + disk. However, if the disk comes FREE with the photobook, does the disk ONLY contain the photos in the photobook or ALL photos of the cruise. In other words, can I save money by just purchasing the Photobook + ALL Photos...and get the disk FREE (which would contain ALL Photos).

I think it would save $50.

Does anyone know how this works?

Thanks, Charles
I believe I read that the CD included with the photo book is only stock DCL pictures (the ship and various venues onboard). Not the actual photos of the people buying it.

And the regular CD does include all photos take by Shutters photographers (except for special group/family sittings set up with the Shutters group).

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:07 PM   #99
George69
Mouseketeer

You were lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxlbarrel View Post
Ok...I just got off the Magic at the end of July and this was my 4th cruise. We did the CD and prints deal. We got EVERY photo that was taken on the CD and EVERY photo was printed off. Even the crappy photos were printed off. Even the photos taken off the ship were printed out and on the CD.

We did this 2 years ago and again, every photo was on the CD including many taken on excursions. We also did this a few years ago on our first cruise. Nothing was excluded.

They even managed to print photos from a corrupted memory card. The photos never got printed but they showed up on the kiosk when they finally recovered them from the card. When I asked about them, they told me to just go to the kiosk and ask for a "reprint"....and since I was getting the "unlimited package", there would be no charge, despite what the kiosk said. Good to their word, I got the printed photos in my bunch of hard copies...AND it was on the CD.

I'm not reading their website but speaking from experience. Every time we've done this, we've had all the photos on the CD and printed. If they weren't on the CD or the kiosk (you need to make sure everything is there by periodically checking the kiosks), it's usually because their facial recognition software hasn't worked or there's been a mistake....but you rectify that by telling the Shutters staff and they find it and fix it.
Personally, I am going by the website. Perhaps you got lucky. I would hate to think I received all picks only to find out I didn't. The site says specifically that off ship pics are only included in the photo book, not the cd. Again, that is as per the site.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:23 PM   #100
Ravenne
A queen is never late. Everyone else is simply early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
For a Dream 3 & 4 night cruises:
TAKE HOME ALL OF YOUR PHOTO PRINTS FOR ONE PRICE
$229.95

BUY GET THE PICTURE! AND A PHOTOBOOK AND GET A FREE PHOTO DISC
$129.95
Exclusive online offer

BUY GET THE PICTURE! ONLINE AND GET A FREE AUTOGRAPHED CHARACTER PHOTO
10 digital photos - $149.95
15 digital photos - $199.95
All digital photos - $229.95
All digital photos + prints $279.95
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
I believe I read that the CD included with the photo book is only stock DCL pictures (the ship and various venues onboard). Not the actual photos of the people buying it.

And the regular CD does include all photos take by Shutters photographers (except for special group/family sittings set up with the Shutters group).
So in order to get photos of you and your family (traveling party, etc) on CD, you have to go with the $229.95 option? I'm not really interested in prints or photo book. I just want digital copies and printing rights to photos of me and my family/traveling party.
Ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:28 PM   #101
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenne View Post
I'm confused on this pricing. If someone were to get the photo disc anyway, why would they not just go for the $129.95 option? Why would they want to pay an extra $100 more to get an autographed character photo? Do you not get ALL of the digital photos if you were to go with the $129.95 option?
Some one reported (sorry, can't remember who) that the photo CD included with the photobook is stock photos from DCL (ship, characters, venues onboard, etc), not the photo CD with actual photos of guests.

Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
Old 07-31-2013, 08:01 PM   #102
pxlbarrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by George69 View Post
Personally, I am going by the website. Perhaps you got lucky. I would hate to think I received all picks only to find out I didn't. The site says specifically that off ship pics are only included in the photo book, not the cd. Again, that is as per the site.
I don't think I got lucky 3 times ... if so, I should be buying lottery tickets. Because that's how many times I've bought the CD.

Where on the website does it say that Shutters excludes excursion photos?

Last edited by pxlbarrel; 07-31-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:26 PM   #103
Rambler5678
DIS Veteran

When I went on the site that you can pre-order. It only had cruises listed a month in advance. Can you pre-order them futher out than that?
Old 07-31-2013, 09:38 PM   #104
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler5678 View Post
When I went on the site that you can pre-order. It only had cruises listed a month in advance. Can you pre-order them futher out than that?
Apparently not.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:16 PM   #105
Galactus
Mouseketeer

Talking Has anyone purchased the photobook? Is it worth it?

I realize if you order online you get the free photobook CD with the photobook. Is this worth getting? If I purchase online, can I still decline the entire package once on board and get a FULL refund?

Also, what is the quality of the Photobook? For $149, it better be a quality product!

Thanks, Charles
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: