Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #1
lpizzuro123
DIS Veteran

Renting a car at the port after the cruise?

We have friends going on a cruise with us this November. We will have our car and will be driving to and from the port. They are taking Disney transportation to the port and would like to rent a car after the cruise to head up to Jacksonville to visit family.

Anyone have any good recommendations for renting a car at the port? Would the rent a car place pick them up at the terminal and bring them to the rent a car place?

Linda

lpizzuro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:34 PM   #2
deuceshoes
Earning My Ears

I am assuming you are sailing from Port Canaveral.
If so, I suggest Avis. Its about a mile from the port and they run a shuttle every 15 or so minutes. We recently did this on our cruise and it ran about as smooth as possible.
deuceshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2013, 08:40 PM   #3
lpizzuro123
DIS Veteran

Sorry, yes, we are cruising out of PC. Thanks so much for your quick reply.

Linda

Old 10-08-2013, 07:55 AM   #4
Disneygirl NY
Mouseketeer

This past January we rented from.. I want to say Enterprise. Also just down the road, 5 minutes away. There was a shuttle waiting for us when we got off the boat, left within a few minutes, got to the car rental, signed the papers and left. Worked out great. There are at least 3 or 4 rental places within a mile or so of the port, they all advertise shuttles.
Disneygirl NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:46 AM   #5
lpizzuro123
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the replies. I sent a link for Avis to my friend but also told her to Google rent a car by Port Canaveral - that there were more rent a car places near there. Hopefully she will now do her research.

Linda

Old 10-08-2013, 08:57 AM   #6
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

The following rental offices are all within about 3 miles from the port.

Avis, Hertz, Budget, Thrifty/Dollar, Enterprise/Alamo. They all have shuttles and you can find discount codes for them at www.mousesavers.com

We have used several of them at all different times and I can't say one is any better than another. I book based on price at the time of my rental. Have had good and bad experiences at all of them.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:11 AM   #7
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
The following rental offices are all within about 3 miles from the port. Avis, Hertz, Budget, Thrifty/Dollar, Enterprise/Alamo. They all have shuttles and you can find discount codes for them at www.mousesavers.com We have used several of them at all different times and I can't say one is any better than another. I book based on price at the time of my rental. Have had good and bad experiences at all of them. MJ
Thanks for the info, MJ.

We will need to rent a car to drive home next Oct., as we are flying to San Juan for a southern but are also sailing on the Magic repo from San Juan to PC. We need to rent a car to drive from PC to Tampa. I'll save this info!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:35 AM   #8
farah
Mouseketeer

We have used Budget and Dollar. I highly recommend Budget for their service and rates. Even though we got a great rate at Dollar, I will never use them again. We stood outside for a shuttle to take us from their store to port a good hour. In the time being the driver would drop off cruisers from port to the office but would take an empty shuttle back to port. There were a lot of us waiting after a lot of complaining they were like "fine".

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: