DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
twinsouvenirs
Mother of Dragons :)
 
twinsouvenirs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,114

Contingent offer for resale contract?

So we are going to buy some GFV points, but want to supplement with some less expensive resale points at BWK and or SSR. Problem is our cash will not be available till after our condo closes in late July--we want to jump on any good contracts now but not be stuck if the closing is delayed or cancelled. We know that the closing of the points wouldn't happen till August anyway but we'd like to start the ROFR process asap so when we have the cash, we can close.

So... has anyone put in a contingent resale offer?

i.e. we would make it contingent on the sale of our house, set to close less than a month away?
twinsouvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:33 AM   #2
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,086

If the sale of your condo is agreed and contracted so you know for sure you will have the funds in July I would say go ahead.

However, I wouldn't think a contingent offer would be a good idea now. It is so much a sellers market at the moment that I don't see a contingent offer being accepted. Sellers are more likely to say I will accept another offer as there are plently. Contracts are selling within hours of being listed and receving multiple offers.

I would advise being close to being in a position to complete before you make an offer.
Minniesgal is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-25-2013, 10:38 AM   #3
Missyrose
DIS Veteran
 
Missyrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern Va.
Posts: 7,310

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsouvenirs View Post
So we are going to buy some GFV points, but want to supplement with some less expensive resale points at BWK and or SSR. Problem is our cash will not be available till after our condo closes in late July--we want to jump on any good contracts now but not be stuck if the closing is delayed or cancelled. We know that the closing of the points wouldn't happen till August anyway but we'd like to start the ROFR process asap so when we have the cash, we can close.

So... has anyone put in a contingent resale offer?

i.e. we would make it contingent on the sale of our house, set to close less than a month away?
You'll only have to put down a deposit now ($500-$1500, depending on the broker/size of contract/etc.).

The rest of the balance won't be due until about two months after the time you come to an agreement with the seller.
__________________
Missy Franklin (Pixel Dust) | Facebook: World of Yesterday, Tomorrow & Fantasy | Current TR: 8/14 Past TR: 5/14, 10/13, 1/13, 5/13, 10/12, 3/12 , 10/11, 10/10
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:39 AM   #4
drusba

DIS Veteran
 
drusba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Chicago
Posts: 10,513

Have not done this but it will be possible only if there are sellers and brokers willing to do it and it is not something either of them will likely be overjoyed about doing particularly when you are dealing with a fluid market like DVC timeshares where no particular property being sold is unique. Also, you are not likely to actually save much time. Putting a contingency like that will mean that DVD will not, and is not required to, consider the contract for ROFR until after the contingency is met, even if the contract is submitted early, and thus you will likely still have a few weeks going through ROFR after you close on your condo.
__________________
Everything has to have a beginning and an end ... but it is not necessary to have a purpose in between.
drusba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:00 PM   #5
twinsouvenirs
Mother of Dragons :)
 
twinsouvenirs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,114

Quote:
Originally Posted by drusba View Post
Also, you are not likely to actually save much time. Putting a contingency like that will mean that DVD will not, and is not required to, consider the contract for ROFR until after the contingency is met, even if the contract is submitted early, and thus you will likely still have a few weeks going through ROFR after you close on your condo.
THANK YOU for sharing--I did not realize that. So there would basically be no time savings by doing a contingent offer. We'll just wait till we are at least 10 days out from close and then put in our offers. That is fine, it will be an excruciating 15 days but I'll likely live through them
twinsouvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #6
sara mom
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 301

You will also notice some contracts can not close until a certain date (usually sellers are going on one last DVC trip before selling). That might be an option for you.
sara mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.