Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 09:40 PM   #1231
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I'm still confused. We on the DIS are such an infinitesimally small piece of Disney's customer base that they should not be concerned with what we think of FP+.

Yet we were apparently a big enough piece of the puzzle to completely ruin the traditional fastpass system so that rides now need to be rationed.

Just so confused......
Don't tell me you, for a moment, actually believed the rule followers???
Old 07-03-2013, 09:51 PM   #1232
rastuso
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryz View Post
Other famous quotes:

"Only 20 more minutes" -- United Air Lines
"Your luggage will be delivered to your hotel first thing tomorrow morning" -- ibid
"Don't worry, they're holding your connecting flight for you" -- ibid
"Buses from the resorts to the parks run every 20 minutes" -- WDW
"We have top men working on it right now. TOP. MEN"
rastuso is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2013, 10:31 PM   #1233
dayvewc
DIS Veteran

Just throwing something out, so don't kill me. Just curious what others might think of the idea. What if (and I don't know where) Disney just placed the FP dispensaries (legacy / + / what-have-you) for each ride at or near the front of the parks.

As guests come in, they can access the dispensaries all at one time, with a requirement that FP's will be at 2 hour intervals, minimum. (If Disney wants to throttle back more, they could limit tickets to 1 FP per headliner). This would prevent people having to run across the parks for FP's; RD guests would be eligible for more FP (if you get there at 8 am, and the park doesn't close til midnight, that's 16 hours or 8 passes); after the passes are tapped for or ticket scanned, have a final Magic Mouse / dispensary that you tap to indicate you've selected all your passes and you could have the option of having the FP tickets printed right there. (I know this next statement is going to cause screams but) The IT system could then "schedule" the FP's chosen based on availability, park entry time, and the number of FP's attempted. (If you come in at 4 pm and the park closes at 10, you would be "eligible" for 3 passes so the system would only allow 3 even if you "tapped" for 5).

I'm enough of a tech geek to know this would be possible, but not enough to know if it could be feasible, and absolutely anti-social enough to not know what others might think of it.

I also have no idea what good a suggestion would be, but I was always taught that any complaint I made should be accompanied by a solution
July '09 and New Years Eve '09 offsite . Spring Break '11 Orange Lake , August '12 WorldGate , July '13 Orange Lake , Halloween '13 Saratoga Springs , Spring Break '14 Orange Lake , July '14 Silver Lake , Spring Break '15 DisneyLand Grand Californian

dayvewc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:40 PM   #1234
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Yes, they do.

But, I think you mean "break" a whole lot.

(Which they also do.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickpiteo View Post
LMAO yea iPhone autocorrect
Brake instead of break. I guess you call that iRonic.

"Remember, no matter where you go... there you are!" Buckaroo Banzai

1980 - Disneyland for 1 day while in the US Navy
1981-1983 Several 1 day visits while living in Orlando
1984- 1996 Several one and two day visits while visiting family
2000 January - 4 Nights, 5 Days - All Star Movies
2012 January - 5 Nights, 6 Days - Caribbean Beach
2013 September - 9 Nights, 10 days - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room.
2014 November - ?
Yellowstonetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:08 AM   #1235
wishing4PA
Wants to be in Pennsylvania or WDW or PA or WDW or ... and stuck smack dab in the middle!

When did this thread turn into speculating about all the ways Disney could have done this better?

Okay, I'm in! (Even though admittedly I'm not the WDW expert many of you are.)

Disclaimer: If you just arrived at this thread, you should ignore this post. It's not, not, NOT, the FP+ plan as anyone knows it to be or rumors it to be...

1. Add 1 new e-ticket attraction each at MK & AK. In the case of HS, add a couple more tame family oriented rides (I just keep reading it needs them lol.) For EPCOT, the new country, and update Soarin' and other attractions. It could use another E-ticket, but I'm not sure what or where, so maybe give WDI a crack at it.
2. Allow only 1 FP per ride per day per ticket. Also only 1 FP at a time.
3. Same day FP only (no 60 day stuff). But for any park. Subject to #2 above.
4. If it's desirable to better disperse the guests around, make every ticket a hopper (but not at current hopper prices, nobody would fall for that trick.) Undo some of the FP+ damage by advertising this new perk!

Joe Newbie Sixpack is happy that he can hop for free! He spends more time on transportation and finding his way through the parks. Voila! Less ride capacity needed. More bus capacity perhaps, but oh well.
Teen Dream Machine, who luckily for my scenario also never tried the old FP or hopping, wants to hop too! Teen gets to hop about parks and ride every single e-ticket! (Man, another bus ride! But at least instead of filling up SB for his fifth ToT ride he's off on his way to EE!)
Super Dis Man (gosh I hope that's not a real user name) rides headliners at his favorite park at RD as usual and FPs his repeat ride of his favorites or whatever he didn't get to early enough to get on in under 20 minutes. He's still mad about losing old all day FP, but at least they pulled FP+ off the table. And he's saving a bit by not having to buy the hopper. He will grumble about the $15 ticket price rise this year, and realizes that cuts into his hopper savings, but at least they pulled FP+ off the table. :-)

So basically, with my plan, bus capacity becomes part of the overall ride capacity. Well, okay, but that seems about as good to me as the FP+ rumors and news I've heard so far.
* 7/2013 (YC with DD), 1/2012 (Poly - me, DD, DN, DN, DSis, thanks! ), 7/2010 (FW - the Poly5+Mom), 2/2009 (DD4 & DH's 1st visit! ASMo), Day trip ~1990, Overnight "Jazz Night" with HS band (1978?), ~10 Day trips in 1970's-80's (E tickets!)
* Disney World Preview Center (1970?) An amusement park here, in the middle of nowhere, far from the beaches, nowhere near anything, even dinky little Orlando? That'll never fly!
wishing4PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:28 AM   #1236
momof2n2
I homeschool. What's your superpower? ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishing4PA View Post
When did this thread turn into speculating about all the ways Disney could have done this better?

Disclaimer: If you just arrived at this thread, you should ignore this post. It's not, not, NOT, the FP+ plan as anyone knows it to be or rumors it to be...

1. Add 1 new e-ticket attraction each at MK & AK. In the case of HS, add a couple more tame family oriented rides (I just keep reading it needs them lol.) For EPCOT, the new country, and update Soarin' and other attractions. It could use another E-ticket, but I'm not sure what or where, so maybe give WDI a crack at it.
4. If it's desirable to better disperse the guests around, make every ticket a hopper (but not at current hopper prices, nobody would fall for that trick.) Undo some of the FP+ damage by advertising this new perk!

Joe Newbie Sixpack is happy that he can hop for free! He spends more time on transportation and finding his way through the parks. Voila! Less ride capacity needed. More bus capacity perhaps, but oh well.
Teen Dream Machine, who luckily for my scenario also never tried the old FP or hopping, wants to hop too! Teen gets to hop about parks and ride every single e-ticket! (Man, another bus ride! But at least instead of filling up SB for his fifth ToT ride he's off on his way to EE!)
Super Dis Man (gosh I hope that's not a real user name) rides headliners at his favorite park at RD as usual and FPs his repeat ride of his favorites or whatever he didn't get to early enough to get on in under 20 minutes. He's still mad about losing old all day FP, but at least they pulled FP+ off the table. And he's saving a bit by not having to buy the hopper. He will grumble about the $15 ticket price rise this year, and realizes that cuts into his hopper savings, but at least they pulled FP+ off the table. :-)

So basically, with my plan, bus capacity becomes part of the overall ride capacity. Well, okay, but that seems about as good to me as the FP+ rumors and news I've heard so far.
Your lighthearted, jovial tone will keep me from blasting you. While the bus distraction works for me your #2 makes me want to throw a shoe at you.
All stays offsite.
DCL - 3n WONDER 2001
DCL - 4n MAGIC 2014
DLR in '77 & '98
Weighing DLR vs. DCL for 5/2015
momof2n2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:26 AM   #1237
Bob NC
DIS Veteran
I am a trained professional
$7.61
Wilma Flintstone can vacuum my floors with a baby elephant anyday!

Quote:

1. Add 1 new e-ticket attraction each at MK & AK.
LOL, are you an economist? "To begin with, let's assume we have 2 more E-Ticket rides."

A can of beans washes up on shore of the desert island.

The physicist says: "Let's take a rock and smash it against the can to open it."

The chemist says: "Let's heat the can over a fire until the beans boil and expand and pop the top off the can."

The economist says: "Let's assume we have a can opener."
Bob NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:33 AM   #1238
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayvewc View Post
Just throwing something out, so don't kill me. Just curious what others might think of the idea. What if (and I don't know where) Disney just placed the FP dispensaries (legacy / + / what-have-you) for each ride at or near the front of the parks.

As guests come in, they can access the dispensaries all at one time, with a requirement that FP's will be at 2 hour intervals, minimum. (If Disney wants to throttle back more, they could limit tickets to 1 FP per headliner). This would prevent people having to run across the parks for FP's; RD guests would be eligible for more FP (if you get there at 8 am, and the park doesn't close til midnight, that's 16 hours or 8 passes); after the passes are tapped for or ticket scanned, have a final Magic Mouse / dispensary that you tap to indicate you've selected all your passes and you could have the option of having the FP tickets printed right there. (I know this next statement is going to cause screams but) The IT system could then "schedule" the FP's chosen based on availability, park entry time, and the number of FP's attempted. (If you come in at 4 pm and the park closes at 10, you would be "eligible" for 3 passes so the system would only allow 3 even if you "tapped" for 5).

I'm enough of a tech geek to know this would be possible, but not enough to know if it could be feasible, and absolutely anti-social enough to not know what others might think of it.

I also have no idea what good a suggestion would be, but I was always taught that any complaint I made should be accompanied by a solution
The whole idea of "going" anywhere for FPs is being phased out with the new system. Disney wants most people making/changing their reservations using their smartphones. So, in theory, it could be a whole lot less effort than even a centralized FP location in the park. Now I won't get into whether I think Disney's IT dept. can handle this type of usage on their app. But the idea of physically going somewhere to get a FP is going away completely.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:02 AM   #1239
GingerJay
DIS Veteran

Our most recent trip in June was our first after the implementation of FP enforcement and honestly we didn't like it much. We spent a lot of time either waiting in one area for our FP return or criss-crossing the park. I kept wishing for a more centralized way to pull FP that would not require me to criss-cross so much. This is the only potential advantage with FP+ that I can see so far.

Rather than requiring people to depend on their apps, or book 60 days in advance, or limit people to one time-frame of the day (morning, afternoon, evening), why not just give them the ability to "tap" their magic band at kiosks around the park to see what FP are available and when, and then to "book" them if desired? The ability to bump your FP reservation an hour or two up would be great, too.

All of this could be done in park, and at whatever time you actually want to be there. Simple.

February 2008: Contemporary Resort
March 2010: Windsor Hills
GingerJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:05 AM   #1240
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerJay View Post
Our most recent trip in June was our first after the implementation of FP enforcement and honestly we didn't like it much. We spent a lot of time either waiting in one area for our FP return or criss-crossing the park. I kept wishing for a more centralized way to pull FP that would not require me to criss-cross so much. This is the only potential advantage with FP+ that I can see so far.

Rather than requiring people to depend on their apps, or book 60 days in advance, or limit people to one time-frame of the day (morning, afternoon, evening), why not just give them the ability to "tap" their magic band at kiosks around the park to see what FP are available and when, and then to "book" them if desired? The ability to bump your FP reservation an hour or two up would be great, too.

All of this could be done in park, and at whatever time you actually want to be there. Simple.
They ARE going to make those available...however, how many and where is not nailed down. There will be several in or near the inside guest relations at each park. They had one or two others spread out within the parks for the test.

Depending on location and quantity, it could be that there will be long waits for them...
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:36 AM   #1241
hookedonears
Louisianan

Quote:

1. Add 1 new e-ticket attraction each at MK & AK.

Just 1? For the size and scope of the park, how about 5 or 6. To begin with, how about replace Kali and the entire county fair area.

In the case of HS, add a couple more tame family oriented rides (I just

How about replace about 1/3 of the existing attractions.

keep reading

it needs them lol.) For EPCOT, the new country, and update Soarin' and other attractions. It could use another E-ticket, but I'm not sure what or where, so maybe give WDI a crack at it.

It would have been much easier to do what Six Flags does and sell a Fast, Fast Pass for all of the attractions. Open up a third line, and keep the old FP system how it is.

Everything else is okay.
hookedonears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #1242
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

Exciting FP+ news 👎 FastPass+ will bring FastPass back to Lights, Motors, Action... http://t.co/oRszUKWtuG
Old 07-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #1243
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Exciting FP+ news 👎 FastPass+ will bring FastPass back to Lights, Motors, Action... http://t.co/oRszUKWtuG
Is that legit?
Does that mean LMA is here to stay? Weird. I guess Disney needs that attraction to suck up FP+ slots at DHS.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #1244
Zippa D Doodah
Suffering from Fairy Alienation. Is there a program for that?
I'm such a shameless taghound!
I am an unabashed Q-tipper !

Quote:
Whew! Now I can exhale
Zippa D Doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #1245
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post

Is that legit?
Does that mean LMA is here to stay? Weird. I guess Disney needs that attraction to suck up FP+ slots at DHS.
Yup Guess some of us might get stuck with this as FP+ choice.. Oh boy

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: