Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2013, 09:53 AM   #46
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

I think that this sounds like a pain. I don't know what I want to do 60 days ahead of time so trying to plan out rides is bizarre to me.

I hope that we get more details soon.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:53 AM   #47
MickeyMinnieMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmj9801 View Post

VERY good point! Save FP allotments for the park you hop to later.
We're RD people, and that's what we've always done with the current FP system - with the exception of getting TSMM FP on arrival so we can do it twice.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

MickeyMinnieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2013, 09:57 AM   #48
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the link
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:58 AM   #49
Cafeen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMinnieMom View Post
Except for AP band replacement cost, I could have sworn we already had this info...?

Most of it is what we already know, just in a simple concise list. A few new pieces of info do exist in the article:
1) AP Band Replacement
2) Parking RFID Thingamajigs

But, the overall stuff on the FP+ and MM+ is what we already know (or, at least, have suspected) and WDWMagic's source is likely pulling from the same sources people here are (or heck, probably some of the same people ).

Next Trip: NOT Solo... 10/17-10/27 @ Pop/CBR split. This time with Brother, Sister-in-Law, Nephew, and Mom (well, at least mostly not solo.)
TRs: Learning to NOT Photograph Fireworks Behind Trees (Sept 2012 PTR (no TR... yet?)
New Camera? Sounds like a perfect excuse for another Disney trip! (Sept 2011 PTR/TR)
Cafeen takes it slow in Sept... (Sept 2010) || Daddy for a week... - (Sept 2009)
Cafeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:59 AM   #50
MickeyMinnieMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafeen View Post
Most of it is what we already know, just in a simple concise list. A few new pieces of info do exist in the article:
1) AP Band Replacement
2) Parking RFID Thingamajigs

But, the overall stuff on the FP+ and MM+ is what we already know (or, at least, have suspected) and WDWMagic's source is likely pulling from the same sources people here are (or heck, probably some of the same people ).
LOL!! You're probably right!! And I forgot - the parking thingies were new to me, too.

MickeyMinnieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:04 AM   #51
texasteacher35
DIS Veteran

What about the FP lines not feeding into the regular standby line...it always makes the standby line take much longer...I wish they would work on that- for lines besides the headliners...aka, Peter Pan...not sure how they would do it, but that could help during the busier times, which seem to be ALL year long, these days.

DL GCV 4/2013...WLV 6/2013...SSR 7/2013
JANUARY 2012- BCV, DECEMBER 2012- SSR, AUGUST 2012- BWV, JUNE 2012-Our 1st Star Wars Weekend- BLT, 3/2012- BLT, 1/2012- BCV, 11/2011- WBC, MAY 2011/ CBR Pirate Room, 11/2010- CR Tower, 7/2010- YACHT CLUB, 11/2009- CBR Pirate Room, 10/2001- GF
texasteacher35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:05 AM   #52
Shanan
Mouseketeer

Haven't read all of the replies but from my standpoint I am very glad that my next trip is planned for October 2013. Hoping that FP+ is not fully implemented when we go. We do RD & now how to utilize the current FP system. It is almost like WDW is rewarding the first time / once in a lifetime trip person. Those of us who enjoy going multiple times & know what FP is much less how to use it seem to be the losers on the new FP+. Well DH will be thrilled since he wants to travel to different places then WDW.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:08 AM   #53
mom2aandj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasteacher35 View Post

We always stay on site, so that's NBD...don't you think they should offer some perks for on site guests???? AP's???? Something??? Maybe they are and I don't know about it, yet...
the ability to do FP+ reservations 60 days plus 10 is an on site perk. I can see the really hot FP+ reservations (TSMM afternoon and evening slots for example) being totally taken up during the +10 time. Off site guests will log on at 60 days out and those slots will be all gone.
Mar 2014
BLT: Mar 2014
CBR: Oct. 2009
Universal
PBH: Oct. 2010
mom2aandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:15 AM   #54
shafke
Morituri Nolumus Mori

Here is another unknown as far as I can tell...

Are FP+ assigned to a specific person is the group.
You have 4 people in a group. One does not like roller coasters... say EE.

With the current FP system you get 4 fast passes, 2 people ride. When the 1st two are done #3 goes on along with one of the people that just rode.

You can always borrow the band of the person that is not riding as long as there is nothing to tie the band to the person at the FP return.

This also eliminates the option of giving away a FP that you have decided not to use (although if I only get three for the day I'm darn well going to use them).
Wilderness Lodge: Oct '02
Carribean Beach: Apr '05
Polynesian Resort: Aug '07
Fort Wilderness Cabins: Aug '10
Paradise Pier: Feb '13

My Disney Pics on SmugMug

The sky is blue because any other color would be stupid.
shafke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:19 AM   #55
ilovemk76
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazertechie View Post
I'm actually looking forward to this in a twisted sort of way. The idea of being able to book my FP+ for the park I plan to hop to in the evening will allow my nights to be that much more productive.

I'm a rope drop gal, so honestly FPs are never *essential* for me in my first park unless I'm there during a holiday week since we can knock out the headliners by 10:30 or so with minimal lines.

But the thought of being able to hop to DHS for the evening and do TOT, TSMM and ST with no wait...
ITa with you. I would set mine for Epcot or DHS for the evening and the do MK in the morning at rope drop.
ilovemk76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:21 AM   #56
rwdavis2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazertechie View Post
I'm actually looking forward to this in a twisted sort of way. The idea of being able to book my FP+ for the park I plan to hop to in the evening will allow my nights to be that much more productive.

I'm a rope drop gal, so honestly FPs are never *essential* for me in my first park unless I'm there during a holiday week since we can knock out the headliners by 10:30 or so with minimal lines.

But the thought of being able to hop to DHS for the evening and do TOT, TSMM and ST with no wait...
I think the guys on WDW Today podcast made this point. They were reviewing each park and what attractions will be added to FP+ and they mentioned that if you use a decent touring plan they aren't that important but for the "next" park that day they might be. This may encourage park hopping.

They also mentioned that guests will be guaranteed some number of FP+ but you may get stuck with one to an attraction you don't care about or that does not need one such as Journey into Imagination. That is why attractions that are not using FPs now are being added to FP+.
Wilderness Lodge 2004
All Star Vacation Homes 2008
Wilderness Lodge & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012(November)
All Star Movies January 2013
Paradise Pier September 2013

Pittsburgh Dad says, "Whaddya mean you don't like sauerkraut? You want bad luck all year? Everything good that's ever happened to me started with sauerkraut! "
rwdavis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:23 AM   #57
brymolmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmj9801 View Post
Wouldn't that be the exact same if you physically pulled the FP while in the park? Plus, you can change them before you use the first one so if the forecast is horrible, don't book any or book at a time when the weather is supposed to be better.
No, not the same as current FP system. On a horrible, rainy day all the FP's for all the headliners would be available for a long time (except maybe on crowd level 9 - 10 days). So you could go grab a FP for Space Mtn instead. But with FP+ - Who's to say that all the Space Mtn FP's have been gone for the last 60 days??
brymolmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:24 AM   #58
katrina1122
Just another Blonde moment in my life. Yay me.

It seems to me there is mass panic and hysteria over this. Disney isn't stupid, we all know that.

While it's not been stated, I'm sure, they won't give out all fp timeslots online ahead of time, they will reserve slots for day of walk ups and/or fp+ day of changes. They want this to be easy for their guests, not homework and want to keep their in park guests happy.

Only allowing 3 a day total makes no sense either, I'm willing to be bet it's pre-book 3, then operation normal once in park. You get 1 per normal time period as is now.

They have spent $$$$ on this and don't want it to fail. Will there be kinks? Sure, but again Disney isn't stupid. I'm sure they have thought of every one of your questions on these last 4 pages and could answer each and everyone with a reasonable answer, they just aren't ready to do so yet.

They aren't trying to alienate visitors or stress them out, they are trying to make it easier. For dh and I we travel off season and can often go a day with no fp, but did spring break in march and know their value. I'd still not pre-book my fp. We don't like being scheduled and prefer to wander and stop and smell the roses. If we ride we ride, if we don't we don't. To me, we aren't the one's they are trying to help. They are trying to help those who are serious fp users. I think in the end, all of this worrying will be for nothing and we'll all adjust just swimmingly.
katrina1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #59
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanan View Post
Haven't read all of the replies but from my standpoint I am very glad that my next trip is planned for October 2013. Hoping that FP+ is not fully implemented when we go. We do RD & now how to utilize the current FP system. It is almost like WDW is rewarding the first time / once in a lifetime trip person. Those of us who enjoy going multiple times & know what FP is much less how to use it seem to be the losers on the new FP+. Well DH will be thrilled since he wants to travel to different places then WDW.
Yep, we also go at RD and know how to navigate the current FP system so that we're able to ride our favorites multiple times while rarely having more than a 5 minute wait for anything.

In that regard, the ONLY attraction I can see this new system benefitting us is ETWB (currently, the only way to avoid a long line here is to go late in the day).
Old 06-25-2013, 10:28 AM   #60
wishing4PA
Wants to be in Pennsylvania or WDW or PA or WDW or ... and stuck smack dab in the middle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink20 View Post
Is anyone else as lost and confused as me with this whole FP plus thing. I just don't get how it will make things better. To me it makes things confusing and is taking the fun out of going to WDW.
Time for this: Me too!
But maybe it will all work itself out and make perfect sense eventually.
* 7/2013 (YC with DD), 1/2012 (Poly - me, DD, DN, DN, DSis, thanks! ), 7/2010 (FW - the Poly5+Mom), 2/2009 (DD4 & DH's 1st visit! ASMo), Day trip ~1990, Overnight "Jazz Night" with HS band (1978?), ~10 Day trips in 1970's-80's (E tickets!)
* Disney World Preview Center (1970?) An amusement park here, in the middle of nowhere, far from the beaches, nowhere near anything, even dinky little Orlando? That'll never fly!
wishing4PA is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: