Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #31
Bean786
DIS Veteran

So what happens if you book something. Like splash mountain, thunder and something else and the day ends up raining and just being horrible so you decide nvm today will be a done day. Now you lost your fastpass time or decide that's not the park you want to do that day. I'm not sure if I like it.
Bean786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:25 AM   #32
ConnieB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Morning Dewdrop View Post
I'm hoping it doesn't roll out before our September trip. I know it's petty but DD is going to want a blue band and we're going to use 'old' unused tickets this trip and then upgrade to an AP - if she gets a gray band (because it sounds like that will be all that is onsite) I'll probably never hear the end of it.

I'm not loving the one park per day gig - we PH daily and love the flexibility of it all. Sigh - OK done whining - I'm going to stick my head in the sand and hope it's not live until October so I don't have to deal with it until everyone else has helped Disney work out the kinks
Well, just in case, take a look at the MagicBand Accessories that you can buy: http://blog.wdwinfo.com/2013/06/20/m...ries-revealed/ So if gray is what she gets then you'll just have to fork out $$ for a coverband to make her happy...or maybe that's to make YOU happy. From the pictures there is a blue one.....but it's only showing in the 3 pack (though that could just be that they didn't photograph every one individually...fingers crossed for you).
ConnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2013, 09:27 AM   #33
WillAustin
FP+ Complainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean786 View Post
So what happens if you book something. Like splash mountain, thunder and something else and the day ends up raining and just being horrible so you decide nvm today will be a done day. Now you lost your fastpass time or decide that's not the park you want to do that day. I'm not sure if I like it.
In that case, you can change your park or ride as long as you do it before your first FP+ time.

"You will be able to modify your selected park until you use your first FASTPASS+. Once you use the first FASTPASS+ you can then only modify your remaining FASTPASS+ reservations at that park, and cannot switch park."
WillAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:27 AM   #34
tjmj9801
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean786 View Post
Wouldn't that be the exact same if you physically pulled the FP while in the park? Plus, you can change them before you use the first one so if the forecast is horrible, don't book any or book at a time when the weather is supposed to be better.
1/30/2011-2/6/2011-Saratoga Springs (First on-site stay!!)
Several previous trips (It's worth mentioning that I've become an on-site snob...)
tjmj9801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:28 AM   #35
d1gitman
Mad About The Mouse!

so we have a limit of 3 FP+ reservations up to 60 days out. can anyone confirm language that will not allow additional same day FP+? i gotta think they will allow sameday FP+ in addition to the 3 pre-booked FP+. It would seem to me that pre-booking and in park booking are two different categories. I hope the limit of 3 FP+ refers only to the pre-book and not inclusive of in-park FP+. 3 per day is quite limiting and with FP ultimately being phased out, I really believe that there won't be a total limit per day of 3 FP+, it just doesn't make sense.

Even with magicbands or RFID cards, there will still be guests who have no clue what or how to use FP+ and think it is a VIP perk that cost money. There will still be those who learn how to maximize the system and those who don't even know it exists. It's called human nature.
d1gitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:29 AM   #36
tjmj9801
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazertechie View Post
I'm actually looking forward to this in a twisted sort of way. The idea of being able to book my FP+ for the park I plan to hop to in the evening will allow my nights to be that much more productive.

I'm a rope drop gal, so honestly FPs are never *essential* for me in my first park unless I'm there during a holiday week since we can knock out the headliners by 10:30 or so with minimal lines.

But the thought of being able to hop to DHS for the evening and do TOT, TSMM and ST with no wait...
VERY good point! Save FP allotments for the park you hop to later.
1/30/2011-2/6/2011-Saratoga Springs (First on-site stay!!)
Several previous trips (It's worth mentioning that I've become an on-site snob...)
tjmj9801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:41 AM   #37
WillAustin
FP+ Complainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1gitman View Post
so we have a limit of 3 FP+ reservations up to 60 days out. can anyone confirm language that will not allow additional same day FP+? i gotta think they will allow sameday FP+ in addition to the 3 pre-booked FP+. It would seem to me that pre-booking and in park booking are two different categories. I hope the limit of 3 FP+ refers only to the pre-book and not inclusive of in-park FP+. 3 per day is quite limiting and with FP ultimately being phased out, I really believe that there won't be a total limit per day of 3 FP+, it just doesn't make sense.
I won't be surprised if we hear little or nothing about in-park FP+ availability until after they roll everything out and see how many people actually book in advance. I'd think in-park same day FP+ will almost completely depend on the numbers of advance reservations they are getting.
WillAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:48 AM   #38
magicbob
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazertechie View Post
But the thought of being able to hop to DHS for the evening and do TOT, TSMM and ST with no wait...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafeen View Post
That's assuming that the "tiered" system doesn't get put into place which may then only allow you to FP one of those 3.
If they use tiers, you might get to do TOT, TSMM, OR ST with no wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbb View Post
Imagination is one of the best things.
If you hop to EPCOT, you will defintely be able to ride Imagination with no wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masonmj84 View Post
Questions that I still have:

1. If one can reserve three, FP+ per day at a given park, can all 3 be headliners?
Not likely if the tiered system is implemented. Choose one and wait in long standby lines for the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1gitman View Post
This is the $64,000 question.

But even if you can get more the day of your visit, how easy will it be to get them for popular rides? Those will likely be pre-booked all day.

I agree with pp who labeled it "vacation crippling limitations."

Ratatouille, the Ride!

Last edited by magicbob; 06-25-2013 at 09:59 AM.
magicbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:49 AM   #39
Bean786
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmj9801 View Post

Wouldn't that be the exact same if you physically pulled the FP while in the park? Plus, you can change them before you use the first one so if the forecast is horrible, don't book any or book at a time when the weather is supposed to be better.
Not really. 60 days out I'm going to book the headliners. If I wake up the day off and want to fp+ a new park alot if the headlines might be gone. Where as if I just walk into the park with regular FP there might still be some left.
Bean786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:49 AM   #40
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Oh dear God...if this thing is up and running for my Dec trip (with the inlaws...15 of us in total) it will be a new added nightmare to planning this trip (we just almost had a family blow up over planning our ADRs). Please, please, please do NOT have FP+ running for Dec!!!!!!! Do you hear me Mouse?!?!?!
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #41
MickeyMinnieMom
If you ticket it, they will come... ;)

Except for AP band replacement cost, I could have sworn we already had this info...?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

MickeyMinnieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:51 AM   #42
TXPyroMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
Thank you. I'm not feeling particularly optimistic though. I have a trip in December and fear we'll be affected by the roll out date and website. I don't even really care so much what happens.. it would just be nice to know one way or another if we're going to be able to use this and how. I'll live.
I feel the same way. I have accepted the fact that FP+ is going to happen, I just don't want to spend our December trip in the middle of the roll out and things going crazy.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:51 AM   #43
DaisyDew
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
Oh dear God...if this thing is up and running for my Dec trip (with the inlaws...15 of us in total) it will be a new added nightmare to planning this trip (we just almost had a family blow up over planning our ADRs). Please, please, please do NOT have FP+ running for Dec!!!!!!! Do you hear me Mouse?!?!?!
Once it is rolled out to the masses, it will be a nightmare to plan any trip.
DaisyDew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:51 AM   #44
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

All this "no wait" talk assumes fast pass lines will be short. hmmmmmm
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:53 AM   #45
texasteacher35
DIS Veteran

Are there ever going to be extra perks for PAP versus regular AP? Or an upgrade system (paid extra for $$$$, of course) to get more FP+????

We always stay on site, so that's NBD...don't you think they should offer some perks for on site guests???? AP's???? Something??? Maybe they are and I don't know about it, yet...

DL GCV 4/2013...WLV 6/2013...SSR 7/2013
JANUARY 2012- BCV, DECEMBER 2012- SSR, AUGUST 2012- BWV, JUNE 2012-Our 1st Star Wars Weekend- BLT, 3/2012- BLT, 1/2012- BCV, 11/2011- WBC, MAY 2011/ CBR Pirate Room, 11/2010- CR Tower, 7/2010- YACHT CLUB, 11/2009- CBR Pirate Room, 10/2001- GF
texasteacher35 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: