Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2013, 08:40 AM   #16
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

ok, I just really haven't tried to learn about this because I'm in denial that it's ever going to happen...plus I just plain don't like it.

But, will the regular fast pass machines still be there? So you can set up 3 experiences in 1 park up to 60+ days in advance but you'll also still be able to get a regular fastpass?
Otherwise, what's the point in getting park hoppers?

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Disneychix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:44 AM   #17
Lanie
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the post!
First Trip May 2004:All Stars Movies - Engagement Trip September 2005:Best Western Movieland & All Stars Movies - First F&W as well as MNSSHP September 2006:Port Orleans French Quarters - Honeymoon October 2007:Sandals Royal Bahamian & Animal Kingdom Lodge - DVC Buying Trip August 2008:POP Century - Our first cruise and MVMCP December 2009:Caraibbean Beach and the Magic - Liam's First WDW Trip December 2011:Poly and Kidani Village - Liam's First Cruise April 2012: Western Caribbean on the Fantasy - Blaire's First WDW Trip October 2012:All Stars Movies - Lexie's First WDW Trip March 2014:Bay Lake Towers
Lanie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2013, 08:47 AM   #18
DaisyDew
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
ok, I just really haven't tried to learn about this because I'm in denial that it's ever going to happen...plus I just plain don't like it.

But, will the regular fast pass machines still be there? So you can set up 3 experiences in 1 park up to 60+ days in advance but you'll also still be able to get a regular fastpass?
Disney has said in the past you are required to use one or the other, not both.

I am guessing FP will eventually be phased out and not used at all in the future.
DaisyDew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:50 AM   #19
Cafeen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazertechie View Post
I'm actually looking forward to this in a twisted sort of way. The idea of being able to book my FP+ for the park I plan to hop to in the evening will allow my nights to be that much more productive.

I'm a rope drop gal, so honestly FPs are never *essential* for me in my first park unless I'm there during a holiday week since we can knock out the headliners by 10:30 or so with minimal lines.

But the thought of being able to hop to DHS for the evening and do TOT, TSMM and ST with no wait...
That's assuming that the "tiered" system doesn't get put into place which may then only allow you to FP one of those 3. Of course, this system was only present in the early testing phases, so the chances of it being included are likely fairly small, but it's there.

Beyond that, this is an actual upside that I hadn't thought of!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacky619 View Post
If you need to have a Disney experience account to do FP+, wouldn't it make sense to have the dining reservations tied to the same account? I wouldn't put it past Disney to miss that but maybe it will see that you have a reservation at 4:30 and give you times that are earlier than that for your FPs.
Possibly, though there are many other variables to consider (did you make the ADR with the same account? and all the programming stuff that Disney never gets right on the first five tries)

Quote:

We've heard whispering that FP- will be phased out, which would put a huge damper on the FP+ system. (3 in one park, without FP- is a huge issue)

The hopper question, is why I'm a bit curious about their 1 park rule. Almost seems like they're trying to reduce the incentives for the hoppers for some odd reason.

Next Trip: NOT Solo... 10/17-10/27 @ Pop/CBR split. This time with Brother, Sister-in-Law, Nephew, and Mom (well, at least mostly not solo.)
TRs: Learning to NOT Photograph Fireworks Behind Trees (Sept 2012 PTR (no TR... yet?)
New Camera? Sounds like a perfect excuse for another Disney trip! (Sept 2011 PTR/TR)
Cafeen takes it slow in Sept... (Sept 2010) || Daddy for a week... - (Sept 2009)
Cafeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:51 AM   #20
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

I'm hoping it doesn't roll out before our September trip. I know it's petty but DD is going to want a blue band and we're going to use 'old' unused tickets this trip and then upgrade to an AP - if she gets a gray band (because it sounds like that will be all that is onsite) I'll probably never hear the end of it.

I'm not loving the one park per day gig - we PH daily and love the flexibility of it all. Sigh - OK done whining - I'm going to stick my head in the sand and hope it's not live until October so I don't have to deal with it until everyone else has helped Disney work out the kinks

Previous Magical Adventures:
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies

Our new favorite thing to do (between Disney trips) is posting DHs photos on foap - he's under guanojoe (how funny is that?!)
Good Morning Dewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:54 AM   #21
Rowanonfire
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Nobody knows as far as I'm aware. I've never even been to the parks so never used normal FP but I've been following the whole FP+ thing. From what I understand it's been said that they will be "mutually exclusive". A lot of people took this to mean you had to use one or the other. But it could also mean one is not affected by the other. It depends how you interpret it. xD We're all just waiting to see...Those in the test phase have been allowed to use both.
Rowanonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:55 AM   #22
WillAustin
FP+ Complainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafeen View Post
Beyond that, this is an actual upside that I hadn't thought of!
Scheduling the 3 FP+ for the evening in one park, then hitting rope drop in another is going to be a good strategy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafeen View Post
The hopper question, is why I'm a bit curious about their 1 park rule. Almost seems like they're trying to reduce the incentives for the hoppers for some odd reason.
I think it's more about how many FP+ slots are ultimately available. Some already think it's going to be stretch to have any headliner slots available at all on short notice. It would be even worse if we can book slots in 2 or more parks in one day at 60 days out.
WillAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:56 AM   #23
starsweeper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazertechie View Post
I'm actually looking forward to this in a twisted sort of way. The idea of being able to book my FP+ for the park I plan to hop to in the evening will allow my nights to be that much more productive.

I'm a rope drop gal, so honestly FPs are never *essential* for me in my first park unless I'm there during a holiday week since we can knock out the headliners by 10:30 or so with minimal lines.

But the thought of being able to hop to DHS for the evening and do TOT, TSMM and ST with no wait...
I agree. We usually do an in-park, pre-open breakfast to get a jump on crowds and complete the most popular rides by noon then take things slower, but having FP scheduled for late afternoon or evening in the same or different park sounds great.

Disney Vacations:
Aug79 - PR, Apr85 - Golf Resort, Apr88/Apr91 - Offsite, Jun97 - Offsite (Mom & me), Nov06 - CBR (DH & me - F&W), Feb09 - PCR (1st w/kids), May10 - Mariott OWC (Mom & Kids - F&GF), Oct13 - PR (1st w/4 kids - MNSSHP), Oct14 - GF (MNSSHP)
The Dream Trip in Memory of Mom ~ Summer 2015 ~ 20+ family members gathering in joy and remembrance

Other Family Vacations:
Jun13 - Outer Banks NC, Jun14 - ???
starsweeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:01 AM   #24
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

I am still not convinced about anything read anywhere until I see an actual official statement from Disney itself just my opinion

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/
Old 06-25-2013, 09:03 AM   #25
WillAustin
FP+ Complainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowanonfire View Post
Nobody knows as far as I'm aware. I've never even been to the parks so never used normal FP but I've been following the whole FP+ thing. From what I understand it's been said that they will be "mutually exclusive". A lot of people took this to mean you had to use one or the other. But it could also mean one is not affected by the other. It depends how you interpret it. xD We're all just waiting to see...Those in the test phase have been allowed to use both.
While the tests are allowing the use of both, the terms and conditions on the WDW website say this:

"once you convert the tickets or pass to FP+, you will no longer be able to participate in the regular fastpass system in the parks."

I think they are allowing it during the tests to avoid complaints if the FP+ system doesn't work as planned for the guests participating in those tests.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #26
CapnJacksGirl
Mom to two little scalliwags!

I wonder if all guests on the same reservation have to use FP+ at the same park. For example, there are 6 of us going in December. If 4 of us wanted to ride EE at AK during the day and the other 2 wanted to do ToT in the evening, I wonder if that would work.

I'm torn between praying this doesn't go live until after our trip so the kinks get worked out before we go again and hoping it goes live soon so I just know how the heck it's all going to work! The not knowing is excruciating.

CapnJacksGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:06 AM   #27
tink20
DIS Veteran

Is anyone else as lost and confused as me with this whole FP plus thing. I just don't get how it will make things better. To me it makes things confusing and is taking the fun out of going to WDW. Maybe I am missing something. . Sometimes its hard enough to get to an evening ADR, I can't imagine trying to figure out 60days out what time I want to ride a specific ride. We may go this Sept. and I really hope this is NOT up and running yet.
tink20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:06 AM   #28
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRATEGIRL007 View Post
Ouch AP holders better hold onto thier bands, $50 after the first one to replace.

Thanks for sharing!
Out here at Disneyland, replacing a lost or stolen AP costs around $40 right now and that's for a plastic card. So $50 doesn't sound too bad. What I want to know is if you don't want a wristband, can you simply use the RFID card instead? I can't stand wearing anything on my wrist and since it also has an RFID chip in it, I don't see why that wouldn't work.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:07 AM   #29
WillAustin
FP+ Complainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnJacksGirl View Post
I wonder if all guests on the same reservation have to use FP+ at the same park. For example, there are 6 of us going in December. If 4 of us wanted to ride EE at AK during the day and the other 2 wanted to do ToT in the evening, I wonder if that would work.
When I make ADRs using the new system (MDE), I get to pick exactly which members of my group are going to be there. I'd bet the FP+ reservations will work the same way.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:10 AM   #30
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

Questions that I still have:

1. If one can reserve three, FP+ per day at a given park, can all 3 be headliners? (when they tested the system, they generally allowed only one headliner in EP, HS, and AK, and two headliners in MK)

2. Does the system dictate the return times once you enter your preferred time of day (morning, mid-day, evening, or all-day) and preferred three attractions?

3. If one has a resort reservation but gets their tickets elsewhere (e.g., they book "room only" and have tickets through UT) will they still have access to 60 days + 10 (FWIW, when they tested the system, we had ticketless packages and they still gave us access to the test)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: