Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #1
LeeAnn
DIS Veteran

Question DDP and Old Tix

Are the Disney Dining Plan system and the Park Tix system combined together?

This was what I had planned on doing...

Booked a room for 5N with Dining Plan and only 2 day park pass. I have 3 days left on non-expiring tix. I'm thinking is is OK to do.

A friend said that I can't do this. That when I'm at the park using my old tix, I won't be able to use the Dining Plan plan because it will not show that I'm in park.

Is this correct?

Need some info. Thanks.
LeeAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:38 AM   #2
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

This is not correct and under current rules, unless you are using free dining or the like, you would not need to buy the 2 day tickets, if your 3day tickets can be upgraded.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2013, 10:03 AM   #3
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

It may not make financial sense to use both the tickets with your package and the remaining days on your NE tickets during the same trip. You should calculate that out because it could be more economical to keep those NE tickets for a future trip of 3 days.

If you are purchasing the DDP, you must have at least a one day ticket for everyone in the room. For free dining, the minimum is two days.

But your friend is wrong. And your 3 day tickets cannot be upgraded, which was mentioned above. Tickets cannot be upgraded after 14 days of first use.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #4
Cafeen
DIS Veteran

The dining plans are tied to Resort reservations and have nothing to do with tickets. The only ticket thing is the minimum purchase of 1 day base tickets for everyone in the party (for paid dining, 2 day base for free). Do note that paid dining does have ticketless options, but these are limited to DVC stays (no tickets needed, full payment at time of plan addition), AP packages (must present at least 1 AP, booked on rack or AP rate, package deposits and deadlines apply), or military salute packages (I assume same deal as AP packages, but not entirely sure).

In your situation, vicki is correct in that the NE tickets cannot be upgraded as no ticket may be upgraded after 14 days of first use and (depending on the original length) no ticket may be upgraded past 10 days (exception may be the 14/21 day overseas tourist tickets, but I don't know much about those). Also, it's generally accepted that if you need to use 2 tickets to use the NE ticket, it's likely a better use to upgrade the current trip's ticket and save the NE for a shorter trip. (Of course, if there are other reasons that you cannot upgrade the 2 day ticket, and you need the existing ticket to make it through 5 days, by all means go right ahead!)

So, back to the original question, since the plan is tied to the room and not the tickets, it won't matter if you've used the ticket to use the dining plan.

Next Trip: NOT Solo... 10/17-10/27 @ Pop/CBR split. This time with Brother, Sister-in-Law, Nephew, and Mom (well, at least mostly not solo.)
TRs: Learning to NOT Photograph Fireworks Behind Trees (Sept 2012 PTR (no TR... yet?)
New Camera? Sounds like a perfect excuse for another Disney trip! (Sept 2011 PTR/TR)
Cafeen takes it slow in Sept... (Sept 2010) || Daddy for a week... - (Sept 2009)
Cafeen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: