Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 09:48 AM   #1
cdhale
Mouseketeer

Split plates on dining plan?

I am traveling with my DDs in Sept during FD. Because they will be 11, they can (and will want to; they don't like most of the children's menu items) order off the adult menu for our TS meals... but it seems like a lot of food. Will the restaurants allow me to use 1 TS credit to feed both of them, and then one for myself? Or is that too good to be true? For our 5-night trip we can have 5 TS meals. If they can split a meal, we could have up to seven TS meals. Doesn't sound like something Disney would let you get away with, but I thought I would ask if anyone has had experience with this situation.

BTW, I assume it's pretty easy for them to split an adult QS meal.

Thanks!
Cheryl

May 14 ~ WL * Sept 13 ~ POFQ * Jan 11 ~ Poly * Jan 10 ~ Poly * Jan 09 ~ WL * Feb 02 ~ DTD * Mar 97 ~ CBR * Mar 89 ~ off site

cdhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:51 AM   #2
cfriend416
DIS Veteran

I have heard of people doing this but I have not done it myself. Keep in mind that if you do any buffets or all-you-can-eat meals you will be charged one credit per kid regardless of how much they eat.
cfriend416 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #3
Sugardimples
DIS Veteran

You can do this. We are 2 adults and do this regularly. There are a few exceptions: family style meals, buffets, and a few non-Disney run restaurants (Via Napoli). Otherwise, you're good to go!
Sugardimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #4
Sugardimples
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdhale View Post
I am traveling with my DDs in Sept during FD. Because they will be 11, they can (and will want to; they don't like most of the children's menu items) order off the adult menu for our TS meals... but it seems like a lot of food. Will the restaurants allow me to use 1 TS credit to feed both of them, and then one for myself? Or is that too good to be true? For our 5-night trip we can have 5 TS meals. If they can split a meal, we could have up to seven TS meals. Doesn't sound like something Disney would let you get away with, but I thought I would ask if anyone has had experience with this situation.

BTW, I assume it's pretty easy for them to split an adult QS meal.

Thanks!
Cheryl
The rule.
Sugardimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:56 AM   #5
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

We've done reg DDP 6 times and QSDP 3 times now and have never had a problem sharing meals at either TS or CS. I know there are a few options (I I think I heard Flying Fish, maybe) but we even did it at HBD and Narcoossee's. Just let the server know before you order.

And yes, as you pointed out it allows you to have more meals. It allowed us to have some 2 TS meals by saving some credits.
Dizneydaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:20 PM   #6
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Yes, you can share meals to save credits for additional meals or 2 credit restaurants and dinner shows. The only TS restaurant where you order from a menu that doesn't allow sharing is Via Napoli (you cannot use 1 credit to order a pizza for 2 people).

You cannot share and everyone will be charged a credit at buffets, all you care to eat family style restaurants, CRT, Akershus, the dinner shows, the platter at Whispering Canyon Cafe, and Fantasmic! and Candlelight Processional Dining Packages.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: