Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2013, 06:37 PM   #31
Fundytrail
Our 1988 Ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMIA View Post
Watched the video.

I wonder where they are working now?
Very good question

Fundytrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:42 AM   #32
Silock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazy01 View Post
I leave on Tuesday and I hope I am one of the lucky ones to get a nice refurbished room.

I'm glad to see some honest reviews. I've been reading all the posts on this site about Bonnet Creek and there were way too many that just loved the resort. Very few complained about their rooms. After reading some of the posts on Tripadvisor I really wondered how honest the reviews were on this site.

At least there are some that said that they had a good trip and then another trip the room wasn't that great.
I don't think anyone here is lying about their experience or being intentionally dishonest.

I've had bad stays at other Wyndham resorts (New Orleans was particularly bad), but never had a bad one at Bonnet Creek. Maybe there aren't many negative reviews here because it actually is a good place to stay.
Silock is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2013, 03:37 AM   #33
disneycrazy01
Mouseketeer

I truly hope so. There are so many people on this site that seem to really like BC. I got so hyped about it, then the reviews on tripadvisor became really mixed. The mention of roaches by several people and worn and torn furniture or rooms that really weren't clean.

Those reviews started to make me a little nervous. I'm leaving on Tuesday with an open mind and I am really hoping to get a clean room as long as it isn't on the ground floor because we have a hyper-active 3 1/2 year old who will try to open the patio doors or facing the dumpsters. I am not going there with a particular view in mind because I am a renter and I don't blame BC for giving the best views to people that own.

I'm just looking forward to 2 weeks when the little one is sleeping and I can sit on the balcony at night and just look at the stars with a glass of wine and relax.
disneycrazy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #34
skylizard
DIS Veteran

Reviews are like opinions, and you know what they same about opinions...

Anyways, I read the most recent reviews and they same to be mostly good. As for the dumpster view, you can get that at a Disney hotel too. I stayed at the WL seveal years ago in a suite and had a dumpster view. And it literally stunk. I paid over $250 a night for that dumpster view (and we never did use the balcony so it was fine). Every hotel is going to have a hotel with a less than desirable view in some units. If you don't like the view, ask for a different unit.

And there's some stuff that people say that just isn't true. One bad review said "They also forced us to attend the high pressure sales pitch at the end of the stay." That I know is completely false. They can pressure you but never force you to go. And someone else rated the hotel badly because "There is a very mixed clientele at this hotel." Lol, what's that supposed to mean?

Do I think BC is perfect? No, not at all. But for the price, location and size, it's pretty darn nice.
skylizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:46 PM   #35
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
I truly hope so. There are so many people on this site that seem to really like BC. I got so hyped about it, then the reviews on tripadvisor became really mixed. The mention of roaches by several people and worn and torn furniture or rooms that really weren't clean.

Those reviews started to make me a little nervous. I'm leaving on Tuesday with an open mind and I am really hoping to get a clean room as long as it isn't on the ground floor because we have a hyper-active 3 1/2 year old who will try to open the patio doors or facing the dumpsters. I am not going there with a particular view in mind because I am a renter and I don't blame BC for giving the best views to people that own.

I'm just looking forward to 2 weeks when the little one is sleeping and I can sit on the balcony at night and just look at the stars with a glass of wine and relax.
One thing I thought I'd also add, which may help you in interpretting the reviews and making your assessment.

Towers 1-3 were completely refurbed last year. These were the oldest buildings, and many of the units in them still had the old tube TV's. During the refurbs they upgraded some of the furnishings, added some granite countertops, and replaced all the TV's to the newer flatscreen LCD's.

Towers 4 and 5's furniture was also aging badly. When these towers were built (I believe Tower 5 was only like 5 years old at the time), the "leather" furniture that had an expected lifespan of closer to 10 years was already starting to look well past it's prime due to the hard-life they were getting in the resort's enviroment. A majority of the units were seeing couches with rips or "peeled" sections on the couches... and it was obvious that the couches needed to be replaced. As a result, over the course of last year [I'd assume it's done by now], the Resort systematically replaced all the couches in these 2 towers with newer cloth surfaced couches as they were able to procure the replacements... with the couches in worst shape replaced first.

Most of the issues you hear of ripped couches have now been replaced. The biggest issue now is that the replacement Couch is mis-matched to the rest of the furniture in the unit. IMHO, This isn't that big a deal when you consider this was basically an emergency large scale replacement that was not part of a planned and budgeted room refurbishment, so the resort did not have the luxury of funding to replace the entire living room set or the lead time to ensure they had enough couches at once to replace all the bad couches at once. [remember that the budget, including refurb and replacement funds, come from the dues paid by the individuals who own timeshare at the resort].

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylizard View Post
And there's some stuff that people say that just isn't true. One bad review said "They also forced us to attend the high pressure sales pitch at the end of the stay." That I know is completely false. They can pressure you but never force you to go. And someone else rated the hotel badly because "There is a very mixed clientele at this hotel." Lol, what's that supposed to mean?
Not sure..... I know that I've experience both Family types staying there, retiree's, and single couples, as well as the larger group of young adults who are happy to party by the pools.

IOW.... Your typical Central Florida clientele.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:28 PM   #36
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Towers 4 and 5's furniture was also aging badly. When these towers were built (I believe Tower 5 was only like 5 years old at the time), the "leather" furniture that had an expected lifespan of closer to 10 years was already starting to look well past it's prime due to the hard-life they were getting in the resort's enviroment. A majority of the units were seeing couches with rips or "peeled" sections on the couches... and it was obvious that the couches needed to be replaced. As a result, over the course of last year [I'd assume it's done by now], the Resort systematically replaced all the couches in these 2 towers with newer cloth surfaced couches as they were able to procure the replacements... with the couches in worst shape replaced first.[

Most of the issues you hear of ripped couches have now been replaced. The biggest issue now is that the replacement Couch is mis-matched to the rest of the furniture in the unit. IMHO, This isn't that big a deal when you consider this was basically an emergency large scale replacement that was not part of a planned and budgeted room refurbishment, so the resort did not have the luxury of funding to replace the entire living room set or the lead time to ensure they had enough couches at once to replace all the bad couches at once. [remember that the budget, including refurb and replacement funds, come from the dues paid by the individuals who own timeshare at the resort].
Didn 't I read somewhere that the couches installed in towers 4 and 5 were not good to begin with? That the couches were cheaply made to begin with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
What? 2019 or 2020? Say it ain't so!

You must "sneak in a day" next year. That's an order!
LadyBeBop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:32 PM   #37
excitedfamof4
Mouseketeer

We stayed in Tower 4 with an Epcot View in May and it was fabulous! We are very picky about the places we stay and this was top notch! The place was very clean, and the furniture and décor was great! We didn't notice anything looking outdated or worn. We plan on going back in Sept '14 and will definitely be staying at WBC again!
excitedfamof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:37 PM   #38
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBeBop View Post
Didn 't I read somewhere that the couches installed in towers 4 and 5 were not good to begin with? That the couches were cheaply made to begin with?
I'm not sure i'd say they were cheaply made (at least, not that I ever noticed, including in my first stay in Tower 5 a couple months after it opened).

They were nice couches. The Tan Leather chair in the rooms is identical to the couches that used to be there.

What I would say however is that the couches didn't really stand up well to to the resort environment. They may have been perfectly fine in someone's home, but they are going to deal with a lot more wear, tear, and abuse when used in a timeshare resort environment with a new family in the unit every week. They definitely were not suited for usage in that kind of environment.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #39
Silock
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You're over-thinking it

You'll have a great time. The chances of a bad stay are minimal. If, by some unfortunate miracle, things aren't what they seem, just talk to a manager and get it straightened out as soon as possible.
Silock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:56 PM   #40
excitedfamof4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silock View Post
You're over-thinking it

You'll have a great time. The chances of a bad stay are minimal. If, by some unfortunate miracle, things aren't what they seem, just talk to a manager and get it straightened out as soon as possible.
I agree! You are going to love it! When we went they let us look at two different rooms and pick which one we liked best....which was great! I guess it depends on how busy they are if they will allow a guest to do that.

have fun on your trip!!!
excitedfamof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #41
FairyCC
Earning My Ears

So, what are the best "requests" to make as far as rooms are concerned upon check-in (as I understand they don't take pre-checkin requests)
Tower 5? Firework view? High floor?
We are traveling with a barely 2 year old, & will likely be spending quite a bit of time in the room.... so I would be very sad to have a view of nothing
2009- "Disneymoon" 2 weeks!
2010- August (1st Anniversary)
2011- May & September
2013- September! DS's 1st WDW trip!

FairyCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #42
princesspwrhr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCC View Post
So, what are the best "requests" to make as far as rooms are concerned upon check-in (as I understand they don't take pre-checkin requests)
Tower 5? Firework view? High floor?
We are traveling with a barely 2 year old, & will likely be spending quite a bit of time in the room.... so I would be very sad to have a view of nothing
What is most important to YOU? What's best for one family may not be best for another.

Our family prefers ground floor (or tippy top but ground is our first choice). We like being near the pool but not on top of it/next to it. These seem to be pretty unpopular things to want on the DIS but it works best for "our" family. And that is what matters most.
princesspwrhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:32 PM   #43
Binney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by excitedfamof4 View Post
We stayed in Tower 4 with an Epcot View in May and it was fabulous! We are very picky about the places we stay and this was top notch! The place was very clean, and the furniture and décor was great! We didn't notice anything looking outdated or worn. We plan on going back in Sept '14 and will definitely be staying at WBC again!
I'm booked for a trip in May 2014, how was the crowd at this time. Did you request tower 4?
Binney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:56 AM   #44
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binney View Post
I'm booked for a trip in May 2014, how was the crowd at this time. Did you request tower 4?
Not the one you asked but we also stayed in Tower 4 this past May and loved it. Crowds were not bad. I usually go to WDW every Sept, Dec, and May, then will frequently throw in an additional trip in Oct, Nov, Jan, or Feb. The crowds for May are usually a little more than our Sept trips, but maybe a little less than our Oct or Dec trips. It's a great time of the year to go and we'll be back in early May in 2014 again.

As far as the towers, they no longer take requests, but when we checked in, I just very politely asked if there was a lake view in either the Main building, Tower 5, or Tower 4. The nice lady at the desk said to let her check and then told me nothing was available in the Main building or Tower 5, but she had found a second floor villa with a lake view in Tower 4.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote