Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #31
davale4
Love love watching my kids have fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandb View Post
OP here. This am I changed our resort to BWI. I did it mainly because I just think it will be a better fit for my family. I have a 4 year old and I think SAB would be difficult for us with him. I also plan on spending most of our time at the parks, not at the pool. I looked at pictures of BWI and that seems just as beautiful and we always wanted to stay there as well. Maybe next time we will try BC.
IMHO, I believe the BWI is a much better choice. We liked the rooms there much better than BC. I also agree with your regarding SAB. I found it hard to handle with an 11yo and a 4yo because of the size and they didn't care much for the sand. They really enjoyed the pool at BWI a lot more.

DH DW DD DS
davale4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #32
bwifan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeyluvsgrumpy View Post
We did an 8 day stay in December. This has been our dream hotel stay for many years and a really wanted to love it, but we had nothing but problems. We were first put in a room with a very musty smell and soon discovered a tiolet that kept over filling and from the smell likely had for some time. We were told the problem would be fixed right away and in the time being to use the lobby toilets. We have three young kids and on out first trip to the lobby bathroom discovered it was also broken and closed for maintenance. No one ever came to fix the toilet, so I got the mananger and got our room moved. This was just the start of a week of bad service. We had days where we would get back from the park late and night and our room had never been cleaned. Management didn't believe us and came to our room at midnight for an inspection (with our three sleeping kids in the room). We also had one of our adult room keys that wouldn't unlock the door and when we brought this to the attention of the front desk staff, we were basically told to grin and bear it. At this point I lost it on the poor young girl working the desk, but for $400+ a night I think both adults in the room should be able to open the door. On the plus side the pool was amazing and the pool staff always friendly and we loved the easy access to Epcot. I think we would stay in the area again but not at the Beach Club.
I have to agree!

The bright spot was the pool and its staff. The lifeguards did such great jobs. I felt like the secret service was helping me watch my kids. And when the pool was closed for storms, they would man the doors!

Sorry about your trip. Taking 3 kids to broken lobby bathroom does not sound fun!
bwifan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2013, 12:53 PM   #33
yankeesgirl63
DIS Veteran

We stayed in a 1 BR villa at BC about a year and a half ago and it was showing signs of wear. Chipped tiles in bathroom, the cabinet door under the sink in the kitchen was crooked and wouldn't close (didn't even match up with the other door so it was always open) and the oven was uneven which was dangerous when I had a pot of water boiling on it for the kids' pasta. I stayed on points but if I was paying cash for that room I would have been really disappointed.

Melissa
yankeesgirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #34
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

There is a current thread "Just returned from 10 days at WDW/YC" and the OP said that a manager said that BC (regular rooms) will be getting a complete refurb starting in October, followed by YC in 2014. The villas really have not had a full refurb since 2002.

DW DH DD(10) DD(5)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(4), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:19 PM   #35
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

The biggest ing I noticed two weeks ago ( I was visiting the resort for dinner) was the beached out carpet in the halls around the windows. I an in construction, so I think they probably pressured washed the exterior and the mildewcide/ bleach leaked around the windows. The carpet looked brand new so I felt bad for them.. All that new carpet only to be ruined by a careless pressure cleaner
DisneyDmbNut is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: