Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
keaster
DIS Veteran

UPDATE: Canadian Access to My Disney Experience

Well after fruitless email attempts, I just did a live chat with a Disney CM and here's what transpired:

Me: Yes, I'm in Canada and we do not have access to the new Disney World website with the My Disney Experience page. Any idea when we will able to use it?

Olin: Hi there! No specific rollout date for My Disney Experience® in Canada has been announced just yet. We do, however, expect it in the near future.

Me: Can you give me a ball park idea of when that could happen?

Olin: I can't really speculate other than sometime this year when MyMagic®+ is out of testing and rolled out to all guests.

Me: So once MyMagic+ is rolled out to everyone, we will be able to see it then too? Just worried that we would be locked out of pre-booking FastPass+ reservations for our trip in August!

Olin: I totally understand! Yes, it should be released as MyMagic®+ is fully rolled out, as currently all of those systems, including Disney FastPass®+, are still under testing.

So basically...it'll happen when it happens

DCL Gold, Baby!
Caribbean Magic - February 2009
Bahamas Wonder - September 2009
Mediterranean Magic - May 2010
Mexico Wonder - March 2011
Bahamas Dream - July 2011
Caribbean Fantasy - March 2013

Our DVC Adventures!AKL Jambo - March 2012/AKL Kidani - August 2012/BLT - March 2013/SSR Treehouse - August 2013/AKL Kidani - March 2014/VGF - June 2014
keaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:16 PM   #2
disneymath
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the update ... guess we just keep waiting.

We go in October; hope everything is rolled out well in advance or that it doesn't happen 'til after - don't really want to get caught with it rolled out and no access to take advantage of it.

disneymath is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2013, 05:36 PM   #3
Laclugirl
Earning My Ears

Canadian and using my disney experience

Hi, I have been planning our trip to disney since April using the my disney experiance App I'm from Manitoba. I have had no issues at all.
Laclugirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:44 PM   #4
keaster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laclugirl View Post
Hi, I have been planning our trip to disney since April using the my disney experiance App I'm from Manitoba. I have had no issues at all.
I do have the app on my iPhone but that is causing me issues as well (for our upcoming SSR reservation it has us correctly as 3 adults, 1 child. But when you click on the details it lists my husband twice, my and my mother-in-law with no mention of our daughter.)

Also on the app I can't edit my profile or anyone of my Family and Friends.

I just wish they'd get the main website running!

DCL Gold, Baby!

Our DVC Adventures!AKL Jambo - March 2012/AKL Kidani - August 2012/BLT - March 2013/SSR Treehouse - August 2013/AKL Kidani - March 2014/VGF - June 2014
Old 06-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #5
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by keaster

I do have the app on my iPhone but that is causing me issues as well (for our upcoming SSR reservation it has us correctly as 3 adults, 1 child. But when you click on the details it lists my husband twice, my and my mother-in-law with no mention of our daughter.)

Also on the app I can't edit my profile or anyone of my Family and Friends.

I just wish they'd get the main website running!
I don't know why but I can access the MDE website from work. I live and work in Toronto. At home I only get the old site, where I can't even pull up my ADRs. So I do most of my planning at the office (don't tell!). I thought it was maybe because at work we have a newer version of Windows but now I don't know, since everyone keeps saying we don't have it.

I also use the app but like the website better.
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:57 PM   #6
keaster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpessa View Post

I don't know why but I can access the MDE website from work. I live and work in Toronto. At home I only get the old site, where I can't even pull up my ADRs. So I do most of my planning at the office (don't tell!). I thought it was maybe because at work we have a newer version of Windows but now I don't know, since everyone keeps saying we don't have it.

I also use the app but like the website better.
Is it possible that your workplace has an American Internet provider? If so that may be why you can get the site at work but not at home. I think Canadians with American Internet providers or with software that can "trick" the computer into thinking its an American IP address can get the site.

DCL Gold, Baby!

Old 06-24-2013, 07:13 PM   #7
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by keaster

Is it possible that your workplace has an American Internet provider? If so that may be why you can get the site at work but not at home. I think Canadians with American Internet providers or with software that can "trick" the computer into thinking its an American IP address can get the site.
Maybe! I wouldn't know about any of that. Although even when I take my work laptop home and use my home Wi Fi I still get it.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:21 PM   #8
CerysG
Mouseketeer

I can get into the new site but it eventually flips me back into the old one and there I have to put in my reservation number every time I want to bring it up. The App won't link to my reservations so besides line times etc. its not much good. Doesn't look like I'm going to have to worry about fast pass+ for my end of August trip so I'll just stick to using the Touring Plan app.
CerysG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:42 PM   #9
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

How do you tell which site you have?

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:48 PM   #10
MedicGoofy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post

You won't have the 'My Disney Experience' tab. It appears (I believe) on the left hand side of the screen. Just above where the days remaining until your trip appears. If you don't see that tab though, you don't have it.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:57 PM   #11
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicGoofy View Post
You won't have the 'My Disney Experience' tab. It appears (I believe) on the left hand side of the screen. Just above where the days remaining until your trip appears. If you don't see that tab though, you don't have it.
does that only show up if you have a reservation?

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:42 PM   #12
keaster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
This is what I get when I go to www.mydisneyexperience.com :

[IMG][/IMG]

This is the old site with no My Disney Experience option.

DCL Gold, Baby!

Old 06-26-2013, 08:00 AM   #13
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

^ That's the one I get too.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:26 AM   #14
vacation_junkie
Have Suitcase...will Travel :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by keaster View Post
This is what I get when I go to www.mydisneyexperience.com :

[IMG][/IMG]

This is the old site with no My Disney Experience option.
When I enter my username and password it doesn't do anything. I get the green check marks that my info is correct but it doesn't sign me in.
It works on my iphone but not desk top computer. both iphone & internet are the same provider

vacation_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:54 PM   #15
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacation_junkie

When I enter my username and password it doesn't do anything. I get the green check marks that my info is correct but it doesn't sign me in.
It works on my iphone but not desk top computer. both iphone & internet are the same provider
The old site is crap. Since they launched the new site the old one got slow and sometimes nothing happens when you try to sign in. May have to try 20 times for anything to happen.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: