Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2013, 02:05 AM   #31
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
For my Sept trip I am paying $74.30 per night and for our Dec trip we are paying $60.00 per night for a one bedroom villa. No way free dining can touch any of those deals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srbright View Post
Where do you people get these things??? Every time I go to WBC the prices are the same as our moderate. I JUST went there and priced out 9 days starting 9/19 and the rate is $209 per night (which doesn't include the new $5 shuttle usage fee I've read about). Those fees bring that cost up to $240 a night for us.

We are only paying $230 for POFQ and that includes free parking ($15 per day) and free shuttle from the airport (works out to $12 per night). So that takes my $230 down to $203.

I would really like to see how you are getting WBC for less than $100 per night.

Stacy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreckl View Post
Aubriee, how did you get that great price in September? Are there discount codes someplace?? We are thinking of there for Sept 2014~ all booked for this September~ and
Good for you!
Never book directly through Bonnet Creek. There are too many third party companies/owners who rent for a fraction of the what Wyndham BC charges. We stayed at BC for ten nights this past May for $89.50 per night by renting through Vacation Strategy (found out after we had already paid our deposit that we could have actually gotten it cheaper through Shelby Resorts, but got their quote too late). For Sept I am staying eight nights and paying $74.38/night using Shelby Resorts. For our Dec trip we are staying ten nights and paying just $60.00/night through Aaron Washburn. Shelby Resorts and Aaron Washburn both list on myresortnetwork.com. Depending on the inventory they have for your specific dates, prices may vary widely from seller to seller, so get multiple quotes before booking. I also got quotes from Vacation Upgrades and Farrell Vacations each time. All get good reviews over on the I Love Bonnet Creek thread over in the Orlando Resorts section here on the Dis. From what I've read on that thread, one (and usually two bedroom) deluxe units pretty much always rent for less than $100.00 per night if you go through a third party (Presidential units are a little more expensive). I know for all three of the quotes I requested, that Farrell offered me a two bedroom for the exact same price as a one bedroom (but his prices were a little higher than the others--like $100.00 per night). For our Dec trip Aaron Washburn offered me a two bedroom for just $10.00 more dollars per night (so $70.00/night for a two bedroom) for ten nights.

Since we don't use Disney transportation anyway, get free park parking with our annual passes, have no interest in the DDPs, and Bonnet Creek is still within the Disney gates, so closer to the parks than some of the 'onsite WDW resorts', I just can't see paying more for a tiny WDW Value resort, when I can stay in a much nicer one bedroom villa with a fully equipped kitchen, washer/dryer, etc at a Deluxe resort and get the use of much nicer pools, two lazy rivers, multiple hot tubs, and free mini golf and pay less money while doing so. Again if we had a large family, free dining might be worth it and we might consider going back to a small hotel room, but for us the money we save staying at BC more than pays for our dining, with money left over. I did price out free dining at Pop for my Sept trip (as well as the AP discount) prior to booking with BC.

The Value resorts are 260 sq feet, the moderates (other than CBR) are 314 sq feet. A one bedroom deluxe at BC is 812-902 sq feet and a Presidential one bedroom is 1128 sq feet. We love having all that extra space with a separate bedroom and a fullly equipped kitchen (even if we don't use it except to make breakfast or to heat something up in the microwave) and again pay less for it. I love adding a some bath salts and relaxing in the jacuzzi tub, sipping on a wine cooler, and watching TV while the jets relax my sore muscles and feet after a long day at the parks. How about sitting on the balcony and looking at the lake with Spaceship Earth and Illuminations or Tower of Terror in the distance or if you are on the other side of the building looking at DTD and Typhoon Lagoon, and again paying less money than you would at a Value resort.

I just checked the prices for free dining: for my solo Sept trip it would be cost me $1233.00 to stay in a standard room at Pop with a two day park ticket (which I don't need) and free counter service plan, compared to the $595.00 I am currently paying at BC. For the $638.00 price difference I could easily eat TS every day and still have money left over. For the ten night Dec trip with my husband, a standard room at Pop with two day park tickets (which again neither of us need, since we have APs) and free counter service would cost $1847.00, compared to the $600.00 we are paying now at BC. For the $1247.00 price difference the two of us can again eat much better than we could on just the counter service plan offered at the values, and again have money left over. Free dining just doesn't always work for small families or solo travelers. Why would we pay more stay in a tiny value room with just free counter service, when we can pay alot less and stay in a one bedroom deluxe villa at a Deluxe resort and eat better and cheaper?

Last edited by aubriee; 07-10-2013 at 03:15 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #32
Srbright
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee
Since we don't use Disney transportation anyway, get free park parking with our annual passes, have no interest in the DDPs, and Bonnet Creek is still within the Disney gates, so closer to the parks than some of the 'onsite WDW resorts',
That's why this doesn't work for (although it seems to work smashingly for you).

We don't rent a car so we use the transportation both for r/t to the airport and the parks, we don't have an annual pass so we have to buy tickets and would have to pay parking for a car if we rented one. Also, I am not trusting my vacation to a third party. If something goes wrong I don't want to have to depend on someone else to fix it.

I didn't even figure car rental in. For us, even if we got $100 per night at WBC that would quickly rise back up to $170/180 to account for the car rental fees (not even counting gas).

Stacy
September 2012 - POR (6N/7D)
Feb 2008 - ASMo (3N/4D)
Srbright is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: