Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #76
Uncle Remus
Raconteur
can't name 'em Jeb, George, and Barbara, these are GOOD dogs!
 
Uncle Remus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 12,635

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanne312 View Post
We also had SCOTUS rulings today, and will tomorrow and probably another day this week. So much court watching!!!!
Waiting for some of those myself.

Here's those rulings:

6/24/13 - Ryan v. Schad
6/24/13 - Mutual Pharmaceutical Co. v. Bartlett
6/24/13 - Vance v. Ball State Univ.
6/24/13 - United States v. Kebodeaux
6/24/13 - University of Tex. Southwestern Medical Center v. Nassar
6/24/13 - Fisher v. University of Texas at Austin

http://www.supremecourt.gov/
__________________

Uncle Remus is offline  
Old 06-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #77
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 3,871

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa Pitman View Post
Just joining up.

TP
__________________
Disney Wonder - 4/27/03 - 4 Day
Disney Magic - 5/8/04 - Western
Disney Magic - 6/24/05 - Mexican Riviera
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-24-2013, 05:57 PM   #78
Uncle Remus
Raconteur
can't name 'em Jeb, George, and Barbara, these are GOOD dogs!
 
Uncle Remus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 12,635

Just added this to the first post:

croakerqueen has started posting the trial's court testimony at YouTube:
George Zimmerman Trial - Day 1 - Part 1 (Opening Statements)

I'm not going to add to this everyday, once you get that link you should see all the subsequent postings at the right.
__________________

Uncle Remus is offline  
Old 06-24-2013, 06:04 PM   #79
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo
 
usnuzuloose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sacramento Ca
Posts: 135,623

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa Pitman View Post
Just joining up.

TP
Welcome to the fun crowd !
__________________
A Carnival cruise.....with a chicken. TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....54201&posted=1
usnuzuloose is offline  
Old 06-24-2013, 06:06 PM   #80
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo
 
usnuzuloose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sacramento Ca
Posts: 135,623

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Remus View Post
Waiting for some of those myself.

Here's those rulings:

6/24/13 - Ryan v. Schad
6/24/13 - Mutual Pharmaceutical Co. v. Bartlett
6/24/13 - Vance v. Ball State Univ.
6/24/13 - United States v. Kebodeaux
6/24/13 - University of Tex. Southwestern Medical Center v. Nassar
6/24/13 - Fisher v. University of Texas at Austin

http://www.supremecourt.gov/
Is this homework? I just learned what tort reform was.....
__________________
A Carnival cruise.....with a chicken. TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....54201&posted=1
usnuzuloose is offline  
Old 06-24-2013, 06:15 PM   #81
LisaR
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 8,935

Submitting my application to join the group!

Qualifications:
Actively participated in the Casey Anthony thread thanks to all the great work Mare did. Where the heck is she?

Didn't participate in the Jodi thread, but peeked in regularly.

Watching the Zimmerman trial, but the thread specific to the trial is going to get closed again.

Looking forward to the SCOTUS rulings.

I have not had a new deck built, but if there are any hotties out there willing to build something for me, I would gladly watch, take pictures, and report back to the group.

Am I in??

Last edited by LisaR; 06-24-2013 at 06:33 PM.
LisaR is offline  
Old 06-24-2013, 06:25 PM   #82
Uncle Remus
Raconteur
can't name 'em Jeb, George, and Barbara, these are GOOD dogs!
 
Uncle Remus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 12,635

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaR View Post
Submitting my application to join the group!

Qualifications:
Actively participated in the Casey Anthony thread thanks to all the great work Mare did. Where the heck is she?

Didn't participate in the Jodi thread, but peaked in regularly.

Watching the Zimmerman trial, but the thread specific to the trial is going to get closed again.

Looking forward to the SCOTUS rulings.

I have not had a new deck built, but if there are any hotties out there willing to build something for me, I would gladly watch, take pictures, and report back to the group.

Am I in??


You're most definitely in!!

__________________

Uncle Remus is offline  
Old 06-24-2013, 06:27 PM   #83
Oreo Cookie
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Naples, FL
Posts: 4,040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa Pitman View Post
Just joining up.

TP
Hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Remus View Post
Just added this to the first post:

croakerqueen has started posting the trial's court testimony at YouTube:
George Zimmerman Trial - Day 1 - Part 1 (Opening Statements)

I'm not going to add to this everyday, once you get that link you should see all the subsequent postings at the right.
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaR View Post
Submitting my application to join the group!

Qualifications:
Actively participated in the Casey Anthony thread thanks to all the great work Mare did. Where the heck is she?

Didn't participate in the Jodi thread, but peaked in regularly.

Watching the Zimmerman trial, but the thread specific to the trial is going to get closed again.

Looking forward to the SCOTUS rulings.

I have not had a new deck built, but if there are any hotties out there willing to build something for me, I would gladly watch, take pictures, and report back to the group.

Am I in??
If you survived the Casey Anthony trial, you are now considered an expert! Welcome!
Oreo Cookie is offline  
Old 06-24-2013, 06:32 PM   #84
crz4mm2
Most of the time I just sit and scratch my head...
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 9,663

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaR View Post
Submitting my application to join the group!

Qualifications:
Actively participated in the Casey Anthony thread thanks to all the great work Mare did. Where the heck is she?

Didn't participate in the Jodi thread, but peaked in regularly.

Watching the Zimmerman trial, but the thread specific to the trial is going to get closed again.

Looking forward to the SCOTUS rulings.

I have not had a new deck built, but if there are any hotties out there willing to build something for me, I would gladly watch, take pictures, and report back to the group.

Am I in??
Absolutely! welcome
__________________


crz4mm2 is offline  
Old 06-24-2013, 06:42 PM   #85
Teresa Pitman
DIS Veteran
 
Teresa Pitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,070

I didn't watch all the testimony - just bits and pieces because I was working and helping with my new (three week old!) grandson. (He is a true Disney baby: my son and his wife met while working in the Canadian pavilion on the International program, then they were married last September and baby Dexter arrived on June 2nd.)

I didn't understand why the 911 operator said he didn't think Zimmerman sounded angry. I think he did, especially the swearing parts. He has a kind of "flat" sounding voice, but I would say there was anger there.

TP
Teresa Pitman is offline  
Old 06-24-2013, 06:49 PM   #86
Brit17
DIS Veteran
 
Brit17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,589

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaR View Post
Submitting my application to join the group!

Qualifications:
Actively participated in the Casey Anthony thread thanks to all the great work Mare did. Where the heck is she?

Didn't participate in the Jodi thread, but peeked in regularly.

Watching the Zimmerman trial, but the thread specific to the trial is going to get closed again.

Looking forward to the SCOTUS rulings.

I have not had a new deck built, but if there are any hotties out there willing to build something for me, I would gladly watch, take pictures, and report back to the group.

Am I in??
__________________
Brit17 is offline  
Old 06-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #87
pigletgirl
You do have a life. It is just in cyber world
If its chocolate I'll eat it!
 
pigletgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 13,016

C is doing well. We are battling some reflux issues but I've adjusted my diet and she seems more content. She is an amazing little girl!
__________________
Me DH DD (1) DLab DMutt
Past trips: 6/99 POFQ; 3/08 CR; 4/11 Honeymoon CR;9/14 Pop/POFQ

I've been BOO'ed by GoofyinToronto!
pigletgirl is offline  
Old 06-24-2013, 07:04 PM   #88
Uncle Remus
Raconteur
can't name 'em Jeb, George, and Barbara, these are GOOD dogs!
 
Uncle Remus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 12,635

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa Pitman View Post
I didn't watch all the testimony - just bits and pieces because I was working and helping with my new (three week old!) grandson. (He is a true Disney baby: my son and his wife met while working in the Canadian pavilion on the International program, then they were married last September and baby Dexter arrived on June 2nd.)

I didn't understand why the 911 operator said he didn't think Zimmerman sounded angry. I think he did, especially the swearing parts. He has a kind of "flat" sounding voice, but I would say there was anger there.

TP
Congratulations on your new grandbaby.

I agree Zimmerman does have a flat sounding voice. I figure the 911 operator (law enforcement) didn't want to have it appear they made any preconceived judgments about Zimmerman before arresting him, kwim? I'm not sure I'd say Zimmerman sounded angry as much as he sounded like he had made his mind up that Martin was guilty of something and not just acting suspiciously.
__________________

Uncle Remus is offline  
Old 06-24-2013, 07:08 PM   #89
Uncle Remus
Raconteur
can't name 'em Jeb, George, and Barbara, these are GOOD dogs!
 
Uncle Remus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 12,635

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletgirl View Post
C is doing well. We are battling some reflux issues but I've adjusted my diet and she seems more content. She is an amazing little girl!
Oh no, tell her she has plenty of time to have acid reflux later in life. Glad to hear both of you are doing better.
__________________

Uncle Remus is offline  
Old 06-24-2013, 07:13 PM   #90
Teresa Pitman
DIS Veteran
 
Teresa Pitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,070

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Remus View Post
Congratulations on your new grandbaby.

I agree Zimmerman does have a flat sounding voice. I figure the 911 operator (law enforcement) didn't want to have it appear they made any preconceived judgments about Zimmerman before arresting him, kwim? I'm not sure I'd say Zimmerman sounded angry as much as he sounded like he had made his mind up that Martin was guilty of something and not just acting suspiciously.
Yes, Dexter is a sweetie. Just love him!

You could be right about why they said he didn't sound angry. What I heard was not rage/fury kind of anger, but an angry resentment that this kid was in HIS neighbourhood and clearly up to no good. And darn it, he wasn't going to let him get away with it! That kind of anger.

TP
Teresa Pitman is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.