Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2013, 04:45 PM   #31
amityisland
Mouseketeer

In Meridian, there are doors where you can go out on the aft deck, so DS and I went out to get some nice pics of us and the sunset:

We had a great meal at Palo's. I remember having:
-the Grilled Portobella Mushroom with Polenta (I discovered during the cruise that I really love Polenta)
-the Oregano and Parmesan Crusted Rack of Lamb
With Sangiovese Roasted Shallots, Olive Oil baked Roma Tomatoes, Potato Pave, and Herb Jus

and DS had:
-Mozzarella and Plum Tomatoes
-Beef Tenderloin "Palo"
Topped with melted Gorgonzola Cheese or Palo signature Barolo Red Wine Sauce (DS chose the cheese sauce)

We both got an antipasto platter before our appetizers and we both had the chocolate souffle for dessert.

We then turned in for the night:

Thus we ended our first full sea day. The next sea day...princesses, trivia and Remy's!
amityisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:39 PM   #32
Purplejewel
Purplejewel

Looks like you both had a great time on the cruise. I am going on a 7-night Cruise on the Disney Fantasy this November with my DH and four daughters and I am happy to say that my identical twin sister is joining me on this cruise. This will be my 8th Disney Cruise and my twin sister's 1st Disney Cruise. Finally, after years of telling her how much fun Disney cruises are, she caved and decided to check it out for herself. I know she will love cruising and I know this will not be her last cruise. I hope to get as many photos with my twin sister on this cruise as you did with your twin sister. I really enjoyed reading about your trip and seeing all the great photos. Thanks for sharing

January 2008 - 3-Day Bahama (Wonder); January 2009 - 7-Day Eastern Caribbean (Magic)
January 2010 - 3-Day Bahama (Wonder); February 2011 - 7-Day Mexican Riviera (Wonder)
November 2011 - 3-Day Bahama -4 Daughters' 1st Cruise (Dream); February 2012 - 7-Day Eastern Caribbean (Magic); February 2013 -7-Day Eastern Caribbean (Fantasy); February 2014 - 7-Day Eastern Caribbean (Fantasy)
Purplejewel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2013, 06:44 PM   #33
amityisland
Mouseketeer

Thanks for reading. I hope you have a fun time with your sister in November.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:05 PM   #34
SigalTchelet
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplejewel View Post
Looks like you both had a great time on the cruise. I am going on a 7-night Cruise on the Disney Fantasy this November with my DH and four daughters and I am happy to say that my identical twin sister is joining me on this cruise. This will be my 8th Disney Cruise and my twin sister's 1st Disney Cruise. Finally, after years of telling her how much fun Disney cruises are, she caved and decided to check it out for herself. I know she will love cruising and I know this will not be her last cruise. I hope to get as many photos with my twin sister on this cruise as you did with your twin sister. I really enjoyed reading about your trip and seeing all the great photos. Thanks for sharing
What date are you going? I will be going on the 30th! cAN'T WAIT!

Great pictures!!!

Siggy aka Jill
Siggy's Fantastic Fantasy PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081866
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort 1994
Disneyland: Many times in my childhood, October 1976, March 1977, June 16, 1977 (Grad Night), severasl times in the 80's, August 1991, October 3, 2009 (50th Birthday), May 2010, October 2010, February 2011, May 2011, October 2011

SigalTchelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:44 AM   #35
Purplejewel
Purplejewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
What date are you going? I will be going on the 30th! cAN'T WAIT!

Great pictures!!!
My cruise starts on November 9th. I am very excited too about it.

January 2008 - 3-Day Bahama (Wonder); January 2009 - 7-Day Eastern Caribbean (Magic)
January 2010 - 3-Day Bahama (Wonder); February 2011 - 7-Day Mexican Riviera (Wonder)
November 2011 - 3-Day Bahama -4 Daughters' 1st Cruise (Dream); February 2012 - 7-Day Eastern Caribbean (Magic); February 2013 -7-Day Eastern Caribbean (Fantasy); February 2014 - 7-Day Eastern Caribbean (Fantasy)
Purplejewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:40 AM   #36
amityisland
Mouseketeer

2nd Sea Day

Got up to a lovely view from our virtual porthole:

Then on to another delicious breakfast at Royal Court.

DS vigorously using her hand wipes:

Took some more pictures around the ship:

Old 06-28-2013, 11:54 AM   #37
amityisland
Mouseketeer

It was time to get in line for the Princess Gathering in the Lobby. We got in line about 15 minutes before it started so we were pretty close to the front. While we were waiting, Aladdin came to take pictures with the people in line:

Then the princesses arrived (video):

We got pictures and made small talk with the princesses

Later in the day, they even had Minnie in her princess outfit on the 4th floor:

After that, I think we started the Muppet Detective agency game (we didn't finish it all in one day...it's nice that the card they give you saves your game). The detective agency games were not working when we first tried at 9am - it was not registering your card (there was even an error message on screen on the 5th floor kiosk). We let quest services know and it was fixed when we tried it after seeing the princesses.

Then it was more time for...trivia! This time TV tunes trivia in O'Gills Pub again:

We seemed to be getting a reputation...when we walked in, another family was in there playing jenga before the trivia started and remarked that we would probably win this one, too. Guess what...we did!
I blame Songpop on facebook for being able to recognize tunes with only a few seconds of music provided (plus, too much pop culture knowledge). Our prize...more Disney cruise line earbuds!

Last edited by amityisland; 06-28-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:04 PM   #38
amityisland
Mouseketeer

Then it was back to Royal Court for lunch (did I mention we prefer table service over buffet )

Antipasto appetizer

chilled duck appetizer

Banana Smoothie

Chilled Strawberry soup

Pasta and Meatballs

Kebabs over couscous

After that I think we went back to the room for a bit and rested before we left to see the 3pm showing of Wishes in the theatre:

We both thought the show was ok, but liked Aladdin and Believe better.

Last edited by amityisland; 06-28-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:14 PM   #39
amityisland
Mouseketeer

We then went back to the room and started to get dressed for Remy.
Cinderella was going to be out again and we both wanted a picture of us in our second formal dresses with her. Besides, we would sort of match, with us being all in blue:

We proceeded up to Meridian again and checked in for our 6pm seating at Remy's.

If you look closely, you can see DS wearing her figment pin with the Swavorski crystals :-)

Remember that fancy Gusteau room from before? We actually got to eat in there!

Our server, Gerard from the U.K. was wonderful. He informed us that if we don't drink (which we don't..just never liked the taste of alcohol) that instead of the Colette cocktail they had a non-alcoholic cocktail call the Linguini....it was delicious and had a pomegranate-type flavor. This was a nice surprise as I had never read about this before.

We did not get pictures of the tomato soup cube or the ratatouille with olive oil ice cream, but we did get pictures of all the other food. So now...
Old 06-28-2013, 12:27 PM   #40
amityisland
Mouseketeer

Remy Food Pictures

a type of lobster salad

Remy's version of a pizza

Gazpacho soup in a glass

i think this was lobster again

Boeuf de Wagyu — Tacos

Tourte de Pigeon — Epinards

Kurobuta Pork — Belly, Potato Pave

Then, the cheese selection was wheeled to us. DS was a little more adventurous than I:

Dessert time. We got new napkins for dessert:

We both got the chocolate cherry tart:

I told her she had to do it...quick, before our server come back!

Old 06-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #41
amityisland
Mouseketeer

At the end of dinner, we got a selection of candies and a box of chocolates. Well, we were both too full at this point to eat them, so they kindly wrapped them up for us. We each got a red rose as we left and a small vase with water in it was waiting for us when we got back in our room. Eating at Remy's was wonderful and we both enjoyed ourselves. We turned in for the night with our latest towel animal.

Next up: St. Martin, the spa adventure and Pirates who turn in early lol.

I probably won't get to upload pictures again until Monday, so have a great weekend and enjoy reading what I've posted so far while I enjoy reading yours!

Last edited by amityisland; 06-28-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:03 PM   #42
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

Enjoying your report....the food at Remy looks really good....not sure if we are going to do it or not....still thinking about it.
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Dixielady908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:14 PM   #43
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

Thanks so much for sharing your report and your pictures. It looks like you and your sister had a wonderful time. And I LOVE all of your formal night dresses! Do you mind if I ask where you bought them???

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
John Terry Craig RobbyMushu BrownFamilyVacations.com

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
SeaSpray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:38 PM   #44
amityisland
Mouseketeer

Thanks! We got them at Dillards - most malls in Florida have them, not sure about other states.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:09 PM   #45
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

Fantastic photos. Thank you so much for sharing them! It looks like you had a great cruise. I'd like to cruise on the Fantasy more than ever now!
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: