Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2013, 07:39 PM   #106
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandiR View Post
Just wondering if anyone was unhappy with a Disney restaurant and would suggest avoiding it. Our last trip to Disney was our first time there and we were very happy with most of the restaurants except for 50's Primetime Cafe. Yuck! The 50's atmosphere of linoleum, formica, and flowery wallpaper is probably really cute to some but my brain just screamed "remodel!" LOL. However, the main problem was the food which was unedible to me. We all left hungry because we couldn't stomach the food and went to get snacks.

Are there any others to avoid?
Crystal Palace is our one and only terrible experience. The restaurant was dirty, the food was only luke warm, and when my DH cut into his salmon, it was raw .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:45 PM   #107
TexCyn
Wearing My Gold Mickey Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riles_and_Gabe View Post
I would say the only restaurant that I really disliked was the 50's Restaurant. We all thought the food was horrible. I have had better frozen meals.
THIS!! Also, Tony's.....love the atmosphere but dinner was nothing special for the price. We have had breakfast at Tony's and it was good.

http://
TexCyn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2013, 08:59 PM   #108
ebtbmom
DIS Veteran

The spaghetti at Tony's tasted exactly like the spaghetti that I had at the POP food court!

Dinner at 1900 Park Fare was gross to us, we like breakfast though.

And I have to admit to LOVING TRex. I know it's gimmicky, but I have always had good food there, and I'm actually kind of picky.
11/2004 1st trip, ASM,11/2006 2nd trip, POP,6/2008 day trip DLR,11/2008 3rd trip, POP,1/2010 DLR at DLH!,1/2011 1st solo POFQ, 11/2011 POR, 3/2012 B-day trip! 10/2012 POP, 6/2013 day trip DLP 11/2013 POP 2/2014 CSR 2nd solo! 10/2014 CBR
ebtbmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:15 PM   #109
MomofIndigo
Mouseketeer

We have three and we are also of 3 strikes and you are out:

San Angel Inn
Coral Reef
Mama Melrose

It was really a combination of service directly from the server, wait times to get food, and food quality.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:42 PM   #110
TJP13
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by theelfqueen View Post
My worst Disney Dining Experience was definitely at the 50s Prime Time Cafe -- the food was TERRIBLE.
Same. I was so disappointed.

1992 - PORR | 2009 - AKL Concierge Level | 2010 - CBR | 2011 - AKL | 2014 - Kidani Village at AKL | 2014 - CSR | 2015 - Kidani Village at AKL
TJP13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:07 PM   #111
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Mama Melrose-lousy service and lousy food.
bdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:29 PM   #112
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyanchor View Post
I'm a little confused on what you expected with '50s... the whole point is that you're supposed to feel like you're in a 1950s kitchen, so yes, it's going to have those kinds of decorations! I think it's actually pretty impressive that they're able to make it so convincing. I understand that it's not everyone's thing (it's certainly not a dining atmosphere that I'd want to be in every day or anything), but it's kind of like going to Sci-Fi and complaining that you have to sit in a car.

As for my "disappointments," I have been lucky enough to have been happy with most or all of the TS restaurants we have dined at in WDW; I think only QS places have been a letdown for me
I agree with you. I haven't came away from any table service restaurant thinking I wont eat here ever again! I love 50's PT, I've been there 3 times and been very pleased all 3 times. I crave the filet from Le Ceiller, even though I don't think it is worth the new, jacked up price.

The only place I would never return to is the ABC Commissary. I've gone hungry rather than try to gag down what they pass off as food.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #113
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

We were not impressed with Yachtsmans and won't go back. The food was ok but the service was awful. We also were not impressed with BOG
Minniesgal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:39 PM   #114
bigmac5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybliss2 View Post
Tony's Town Square: bland, bland, bland

Chef Mickey's dinner: I just had to see for myself didn't I? Never again

Coral Reef: we didn't enjoy our meal here at all. Food quality was bad (tough/overcooked steaks) and the service was awful. I was surprised by the noise level too. I *might* would try this one again, but it will be a looooong time before I do.
If food was so bad- did you send it back? With all this complaining and if food is not getting sent back then they will not get the message

I will not hesitate to send something back if it is way over/undercooked or too salty etc They need to know
Old 06-26-2013, 04:53 PM   #115
Allies mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post

Crystal Palace is our one and only terrible experience. The restaurant was dirty, the food was only luke warm, and when my DH cut into his salmon, it was raw .
I agree! It is so dirty in there. They really need a spring cleaning.
Allies mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:42 PM   #116
katiee37
DIS Veteran

I've only had one meal I was truly disappointed in and that was Coral Reef back in 2009. The meal started off really well in that we were seated literally right next to the tank--you don't get much better seating many other places! Part of my disappointment was that I had my heart set on getting a certain dish (can't remember what it was now) and the posted menu on wdwinfo and allears was different than what was currently offered; I guess they must have just changed the menu. I ended up getting mushroom lasagna (or some variation of that) and although on the menu it sounded great, in reality it was just bad. You know the feeling when something's too chewy--it's kind of hard to describe but something shouldn't be exceptionally chewy and wet and it is.

My mom wasn't impressed with whatever fish she got there, but she is very picky and her not being impressed isn't unusual. My experience, IMO, was a red flag for me and therefore we won't be returning anytime soon.
January 2014 Art of Animation--Celebrating my birthday January 2014 PTR
January 2015--Running the 5K and (yikes) possibly the Half Marathon!

katiee37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #117
iamtheprincess
Looking for my Crown

Only one

I agree. I would never go back to ABC. I love all the others. I just think it might be a bad day sometimes

2002- Carribbean Beach Resort- 2008- Pop Century 2010- Polynesian 2012- Pop Century December 2012- Pop Century
iamtheprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:24 PM   #118
xrobx
Earning My Ears

I'm not a very picky person and am usually very easy to please. But here are the ones I was disappointed in.

1. Coral Reef - Service was terrible. Restaurant was so dark that I could hardly see my food or friends. We were seated as far back from the aquarium as possible and never saw the first fish thanks to the glare in the glass. Very sub par meal and a high price tag. Nothing about it was good. I doubt I'd go back.

2. Via Napoli - Had to wait almost 20 minutes to be seated even though I had an ADR. Restaurant was extremely loud. Food was only mediocre. My Pizza was pretty good, but the appetizers were pretty meh. And the spaghetti was nothing special. Service was decent. I think maybe we just caught them on a bad day.

3. San Angel Inn - Service was great, atmosphere was great, I just wasn't a fan of the food. I prefer the food at my local Mexican restaurants to it. Just wasn't for me I guess.
December 2012-Pop Century
December 2013-Contemporary Resort

xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:45 PM   #119
Sunnyday3
Mouseketeer

For those of you who mentioned San Angel - is it La Hacienda or the Restaurante? We've been to the Restaurante, and it was pretty good (I'll be honest, there was air conditioning, so that's all I really remember...)

Anyway, we will be going there again in August after four years - I hope it hasn't changed for the worse...

My vote goes to Coral Reef. Poor service, awful food. This fish tanks were nice, but we didn't get to sit anywhere near those...
Sunnyday3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:51 PM   #120
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

Mama Melrose....gross...greasy...and the chef never came out to discuss what was safe on the menu for my daughter who has food allergies. (In the past 4xs we went the chef has come out).

Thats the only one that I can think of off the top of my head that I would NEVER do again.

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm Possible." ~ Audrey Hepburn

WeLoveLilo05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: