Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2013, 06:03 PM   #1
3goofyboys
Me and my 3 goofy boys

Tendering In Grand Cayman for a non-DCL excursion

Hi everyone! We're going on our first DCL February 1st for a 7 day Western on the Fantasy. I just booked a private charter to take us to Sting Ray City on our Grand Cayman day and I'm wondering how tendering will work since we're not taking a DCL excursion. I read a post from 2008 that said the first few tenders are open boarding and then DCL excursions start tendering and all others have to wait. Is this still the case?
Old 06-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #2
princessmommyx3
Mouseketeer

Do you mind telling me who you booked for your charter? We did one in GC in February and it was amazing, just wondering if you are using the same company.

I can't really offer any info about tendering since we were on the Magic.
princessmommyx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2013, 06:38 PM   #3
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3goofyboys View Post
Hi everyone! We're going on our first DCL February 1st for a 7 day Western on the Fantasy. I just booked a private charter to take us to Sting Ray City on our Grand Cayman day and I'm wondering how tendering will work since we're not taking a DCL excursion. I read a post from 2008 that said the first few tenders are open boarding and then DCL excursions start tendering and all others have to wait. Is this still the case?
Typically, the first tenders will be filled with any DCL excursions that are leaving early. Then, as there is space, anyone else can use the tenders.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #4
3goofyboys
Me and my 3 goofy boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmommyx3 View Post
Do you mind telling me who you booked for your charter? We did one in GC in February and it was amazing, just wondering if you are using the same company.

I can't really offer any info about tendering since we were on the Magic.
I booked with Seven Seas and Captain Shaun. He has fantastic reviews on Trip Adviser and a couple of people who have used him personally recommended him via the Trip Adviser forums.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:13 PM   #5
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran

We just did the same thing on the sold out 5/25 Fantasy. It was our first time to GC & first time ever tendering. We were nervous, too, but everything worked out beautifully. On GC morning we were up and all set with the whole family down to lineup for the tenders about half an hour before all-ashore time. The wait wasn't bad at all. They had us lineup outside Animator's Palate. When the line started moving we received our tender tickets at the AP door. We proceeded thru the restaurant in line with a few short pauses. None of this was unbearable. They had classic toons on the monitors throughout the restaurant. We stayed in the lineup, proceeded out the other door, to the stairs, down to the tender lobby, off the ship, and straight onto a tender boat. It appeared only 1 tender had unloaded at the pier ahead of us and all those people appeared to be in the cruise line excursion lineups. There really was very little time difference between the 1st tender unloading and us unloading. The whole process was fast & efficient. We were quite early for our charter which was fine. I'd rather be early than late. Don't stress the tendering. Just give yourself extra time in case you need it and all should work out well! Have fun!
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids, 4/14 DLH/Disneyland

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
9/14 DCL Dream w/friends
9/14 Disneyland sans kids
5/15 DCL Wonder WBPC
11/15 DCL Wonder
sweetpee_1993 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:12 PM   #6
3goofyboys
Me and my 3 goofy boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpee_1993 View Post
We just did the same thing on the sold out 5/25 Fantasy. It was our first time to GC & first time ever tendering. We were nervous, too, but everything worked out beautifully. On GC morning we were up and all set with the whole family down to lineup for the tenders about half an hour before all-ashore time. The wait wasn't bad at all. They had us lineup outside Animator's Palate. When the line started moving we received our tender tickets at the AP door. We proceeded thru the restaurant in line with a few short pauses. None of this was unbearable. They had classic toons on the monitors throughout the restaurant. We stayed in the lineup, proceeded out the other door, to the stairs, down to the tender lobby, off the ship, and straight onto a tender boat. It appeared only 1 tender had unloaded at the pier ahead of us and all those people appeared to be in the cruise line excursion lineups. There really was very little time difference between the 1st tender unloading and us unloading. The whole process was fast & efficient. We were quite early for our charter which was fine. I'd rather be early than late. Don't stress the tendering. Just give yourself extra time in case you need it and all should work out well! Have fun!
Thank you so much, that really eases my fears!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: