Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2013, 12:32 PM   #1
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Upset with AKV Club --- ADRs not booked

My 180-day mark was on June 1, 2013. I was out of town. Before leaving, I emailed AKV Club my requests, called in with my CC info, confirmed everything was set.

Got home mid-June and didn't see an email from AKV. No big deal. I email them on June 14 and a few hours later, they send back an email stating that they did send me an email "9 days ago" with my ADRs, but sorry Be Our Guest was already booked even at 180 + 10.

That's fine I guess. A little disappointed, but fine.

Later that same day, I get a call from my Visa company. Apparently, they flagged the card because WDW made 3 pre-authorizations on the same day --- on June 14th--- for $0.00. This happens when you reserve an ADR with your CC. Since they did 3 preauthorizations in a row for the ADRs which were booked on June 14, the Visa was flagged.

I asked my Visa company whether these pre-authorizations happened before June 14. Nope. Never. This means that AKV Club forgot to book my ADRs when they were supposed to, and lied about it.

I'm honestly not mad about not getting BOG reservations, but I'm upset that the AKV Club rep couldn't be forthcoming and just say, "Hey we forgot you." If I had known that they were going to book my ADRs on June 14th, I wouldn't have been so surprised to get a fraud alert call from my Visa CC company.

Rant over.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:43 PM   #2
TDluvsDaisy
DVC Member BCV & VGF

I would be upset as well. Perhaps you should call back and speak to a manager about the customer service you received. They need to be double checking their customer's accounts for ADR dates.

Hopefully it will be a reminder to them so no one else gets overlooked.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2013, 01:00 PM   #3
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDluvsDaisy View Post
I would be upset as well. Perhaps you should call back and speak to a manager about the customer service you received. They need to be double checking their customer's accounts for ADR dates.

Hopefully it will be a reminder to them so no one else gets overlooked.
I thought about this as well, but I really don't want anyone to get fired. Obviously, the overlooking part was just a mistake but the dishonesty was very upsetting.

I also don't feel like doing a screen capture of my Visa transactions just to prove that the pre-auths didn't happen until June 14th. So my solution was to rant on the DIS.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:46 PM   #4
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
I thought about this as well, but I really don't want anyone to get fired. Obviously, the overlooking part was just a mistake but the dishonesty was very upsetting.
But being overlooked and having them be dishonest with you isn't what you are paying them for. And you are paying them good money for concierge. It's just not right, and IMO is a good reason to be written up (both the forgetter and the liar).

I know from issues I had in Feb that they can look and see EXACTLY when a transaction happened on their end, so you wouldn't have to do screen shots or anything. If you get someone who is honest, they can see what happened.

And on a semi-related subject, guess the rumors about cancelled BOG reservations being "given" to Concierge aren't necessarily true. Regardless, ask them when you get there if they can get you that ADR.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:51 PM   #5
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

I see a lot of frivolous complaints on these boards that I kind of have to shake my head at, but honestly, I think this one is legit.

1) They didn't do their job
2) They then proceeded to lie about it

Perhaps if they had been up front and said that it slipped or something (and apologized), that would be one thing. But to outright lie about it, while you suffer the consequences is not right.

This is certainly a situation where I would ask to speak with a manager. You are paying good money for CL, and expected a certain level of service in regards to attempting to get ADR's in the first chance to do so. Obviously, the reservation is not guaranteed, but they didn't even try. Not cool.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:55 PM   #6
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

I have to agree, you pay alot for CL and booking ADRs is one of the advertised perks of CL! Lieing about it is unprofessional! Id ask to talk to a manager and tell them you have proof from credit card company it wasn't done until/ after June 14th..

Unfortunately BOG is insanely hard to get lately..

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012

Last edited by bluejasmine; 06-20-2013 at 03:08 PM.
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:00 PM   #7
CuteAndFluffy
DIS Veteran

Location: Second Cornfield to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

Quote:

I also don't feel like doing a screen capture of my Visa transactions just to prove that the pre-auths didn't happen until June 14th. So my solution was to rant on the DIS.
This sounds like a training opportunity. No one will get fired over this unless it's a pattern that they have met with the person about, worked out a training plan, yadda yadda yadda...

And it may be a sign that there is a problem with their processes that they need to reevaluate.

It's very much worth pointing out this teacheable moment.

--A
CuteAndFluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:16 PM   #8
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Thanks for supporting my point guys.

This thing is a minor annoyance in the overall scheme of my life. I guess I just felt better getting it off my chest.

I haven't decided if I should speak to someone in management about the incident, but will report back if I will. At this point I'm leaning towards just letting it go to save myself the hassle.

But I really appreciate the DIS support. I figure only people on the boards would understand my annoyance. My friends would be like, what's BOG and why do you need a CC for a dining reservation?
Old 06-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #9
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for supporting my point guys.

This thing is a minor annoyance in the overall scheme of my life. I guess I just felt better getting it off my chest.

I haven't decided if I should speak to someone in management about the incident, but will report back if I will. At this point I'm leaning towards just letting it go to save myself the hassle.

But I really appreciate the DIS support. I figure only people on the boards would understand my annoyance. My friends would be like, what's BOG and why do you need a CC for a dining reservation?
The DIS is great for venting about things that the non-DIS friends either give you that blank stare or glazed over look while you are talking!

If it makes you feel any better, I am staying CL at the Poly, they got right on my ressies when the 180+10 window opened on June 3 and I didn't get BOG either. Something funky is going on in the beginning of December...

me miss J my little princess (2)
BringingUpDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #10
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringingUpDisney View Post
If it makes you feel any better, I am staying CL at the Poly, they got right on my ressies when the 180+10 window opened on June 3 and I didn't get BOG either. Something funky is going on in the beginning of December...
Actually, this DOES make me feel better. In the back of my mind I was wondering whether I would have gotten BOG had the concierge been on time with making ADRs. Now I know.

Thanks!
Old 06-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #11
White Rose
Mouseketeer

I am sorry you did not get the BOG ressies - I was not happy when we could not get them either right away!

I would call and tell the IPOs to keep trying. We are on the Platinum plan and could not get a ressie for BOG on the day we wanted, and asked them to keep trying, and they got it for us a few days later.

I would also take this time to ask for a manager and tell them about what you discovered with your card...they might be able to explain it, or at least they will know and be able to correct it for future guests!

We did not get the $0 holds till a bit after we were told we have the reservations, so there could be a reason...it's better to talk to someone and help alleviate your fears!
White Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:55 PM   #12
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

Wow, I would be pretty mad, too, but this is why I did my own ADRs, especially for BOG. As awesome as Concierge is, they are not up at 6am doing your ADRs.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at the Beach Club!

roomthreeseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #13
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Rose View Post
I am sorry you did not get the BOG ressies - I was not happy when we could not get them either right away!

I would call and tell the IPOs to keep trying. We are on the Platinum plan and could not get a ressie for BOG on the day we wanted, and asked them to keep trying, and they got it for us a few days later.

I would also take this time to ask for a manager and tell them about what you discovered with your card...they might be able to explain it, or at least they will know and be able to correct it for future guests!

We did not get the $0 holds till a bit after we were told we have the reservations, so there could be a reason...it's better to talk to someone and help alleviate your fears!
Thanks for this. I sent them an email and requested that they keep trying.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:29 PM   #14
Magic3forme
Grand Slam club members

I would call and talk to a manager.... the AK concierge teams step up.

we were not impressed with them at all on our trip in April. we asked them to do 2 things for us... neither of them were done. ( we ended up getting money back on our room for all the problems.)

( ironically they did get us the BOG reservations) it was after we checked in was the problems.

Definitely call you have a legit complaint!!!
Old 06-20-2013, 03:34 PM   #15
tiger4me2
DIS Veteran

Understand you being upset, no reason for them to do what they did. That what you pay extra for.

I always make my own ADR's this way if any mistake made it is on me lol. Then I email them with what I made & they send me back a PDF with the ADR's and asking if I want anything else. I just say what I requested for my room location which is just a request but...

Plus I don't trust anyone with my credit card. Please don't say all people who work for Disney are honest.( most of them are). My credit card was used to book a "town car" run by Disney so it had to come from someone working for Disney. Finally got the charge taken off and after it was over, the Disney Visa fraud dept(I only use it at Disney or booking a vacation) called me to ask if I wanted to press charges, I said yes and asked who was it & the guy said a person working at the Disney Travel section. I guess the person isn't working there any longer.

MHO
tiger4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: