Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-22-2013, 08:21 PM   #1
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 180

Linking 2 reservations?

I have a reservation at CSR in October made through a convention website. I want to stay a few more days after the convention is over but the website wouldn't allow me to book the extra days. So I am going to make another reservation but I have a couple of questions. Will Disney be able to link the 2 reservations so that I won't need to change rooms? If they can't, since I will still have to pack up to move I think I will just move to a cheaper place offsite.

Also, what do you think would be better, make a ressie now and then call back once they announce discounts for October? Or just wait until the discounts are announced?
fab5friend99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:55 AM   #2
DIS Veteran
mickeystoontown's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,964

When you make the two reservations, ask that they make a notation that the reservations are "continuing". Disney will not guarantee that you won't have to change rooms but if they see that you will be continuing your stay after the first reservation, they will do their best to keep you in the same room. We've done this a couple of times and haven't had to pack up and move.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:21 AM   #3
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders
maxiesmom's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The West side of the mitten
Posts: 23,131

Unfortunately there is no way of knowing ahead of time if you will end up having to change rooms or not. So you need to decide just how big a deal it is if you have to move. Disney will move your bags for you if you have to switch rooms, all you have to do is pack up. Which you would have to do if you went off site anyway.

If I were you I would book the second reservation at CSR and take your chances. Odds are good you will be able to stay in the same room, but if you can't, it isn't hard to switch.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.