Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2013, 07:21 AM   #1
jenn3456
Mouseketeer

Leaving today- want to change QS to snacks??

After 9 wonderful days here, we are leaving tonight and have extra QS meals. Can I exchange them for snacks anywhere? We will be in MK today. TIA!!!
jenn3456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:30 AM   #2
darthtatty
Been There, Done That, Going Back!

Its not really something they do anymore.
When it does happen, its more likely to be at your resort than in the parks.
plus you only get 1 snack for each QSDP credit.
I know on our last day we had a few credits left over, we went somewhere like Caseys and got the meals with bags of popcorn. That way we only had to eat the hotdog, have the drink & keep the popcorn for when we got home.

good luck.xx
Feb 2005 - Sequoia Lodge @ Disneyland Paris
May 2009 - Holiday@ Disneys Contemporary Resort Trip report
August 2011-Holiday @ Disneys Contemporary Resort Trip report
March 2013-Perth Australia
August 2014- Holiday @ Disneys Contemporary Resort
darthtatty is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2013, 07:38 AM   #3
3PrinceMom
Mouseketeer

I'd find a family of the same size and treat them to a meal.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:22 PM   #4
brockash
DIS Veteran

I always read on the dis, that Disney doesn't do this anymore and that if they do it's only 1 snack credit for a CS meal.

Every year we go the first week of Sept., and every year we exchange MANY CS meals for snacks (3 snack credits = 1 CS meal). We have done this at every resort we've stayed at (ASMo, Contemporary, Pop). We have never had a problem and just last year, the CM's would always ask me if I wanted to use a CS for my 3 snacks or if I wanted to actually use snack credits.

While, obviously it could be totally different this upcoming year (everyone swore you wouldn't be able to do it last year, but we did no problem) and perhaps I'm just really lucky at the resorts we stay at, I certainly expect to be able to do the same again this year.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:19 AM   #5
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockash View Post
I always read on the dis, that Disney doesn't do this anymore and that if they do it's only 1 snack credit for a CS meal.

Every year we go the first week of Sept., and every year we exchange MANY CS meals for snacks (3 snack credits = 1 CS meal). We have done this at every resort we've stayed at (ASMo, Contemporary, Pop). We have never had a problem and just last year, the CM's would always ask me if I wanted to use a CS for my 3 snacks or if I wanted to actually use snack credits.

While, obviously it could be totally different this upcoming year (everyone swore you wouldn't be able to do it last year, but we did no problem) and perhaps I'm just really lucky at the resorts we stay at, I certainly expect to be able to do the same again this year.
At CSR last year it was one snack for one CS credit. At first the CM said we couldn't switch at all, but then asked a manager who said we could do a 1 for 1 switch.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 04:37 PM   #6
Ruthiesmama
Mouseketeer

Pop didn't let us trade out cs meals for snacks. We ended up getting the packaged sandwiches and fruit which we ate at the airport as an early dinner.

2012 Off Property (Gaylord Palms and Crowne Plaza)
2013 (upcoming) Pop Century
Ruthiesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:08 AM   #7
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockash View Post

I've done it too. They call it a 'continental CS meal'. I've had several experiences with CM's that I had to tell them that's what I was doing.....perhaps it's not something they are supposed to offer as an option but it does exsist.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:19 AM   #8
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

We had two DxDP meal credits left on our last day and tried to exchange them for snacks at Sweet Sensations and the other store at the BW where we were staying and were told No! We ended up getting Sandwiches and chips at BW bakery to take with us to the airport. This was in Dec 2012.

I have read numerous people say they have done it but did not work when we asked.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:00 AM   #9
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've done it too. They call it a 'continental CS meal'. I've had several experiences with CM's that I had to tell them that's what I was doing.....perhaps it's not something they are supposed to offer as an option but it does exsist.
This is what we have used in the past years. In 2011 we got 3 ice cream sundaes at POP for 1 CS (among other things) however last year (October) this was no being longer allowed. We were told this more than once. Now a continental meal is a beverage, a pastry, and fruit. Many places (inc. the refurbished Main St. Bakery) have signs to this effect.

However, one way you can get 2 SC (plus entree) for your CS is to get a regular CS meal, dessert, and bottled beverage. I think it's easier to do this at a resort (because you'll have more dessert chioces ) Also not all CS locations have bottled beverages. This is the only (official) way I know of to get 2 SC (sort of) for 1 CS.

I suppose it's possible to find a CM that will still allow it, but it's not officially allowed any longer. And the only place we were able to do it in the past was at resorts, not within the parks.

What we do with our last CS is get meals at a resort (not always the one we are staying at) and take the meal to-go. We have a long flight home and need nourishment! You can do this whether you are flying or driving. Of course, you won't be able to carry on your bottled beverages-that's why we give the workers at the car rental check in any of our unopened bottles (inc. leftover bottles of water) when we turn in our car. They really seem to appreciate it. If we have a styrofoam ice chest we give that to them as well.
Dizneydaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: