Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2013, 10:39 PM   #1
elielioh
Earning My Ears

4 parks, 4 meals- go!

I'm getting married at WDW this December (!) over the dreaded Christmas crowd. Thankfully my wedding has me so excited, I don't much care about the insane number of people. But for the honeymoon we're looking to eat at a table service in each park as sort of a new mini Disney adventure for us. Shamefully, we typically eat big meals in the villa so my actual dining experience beyond quick service is rather limited. (50's, Garden Grill, Rainforest, some place in Morocco, Hoop Dee Doo, anything on the Boardwalk, and the Downtown restaurants.) So- I would love your recommendations! The 180 day mark is fast approaching.

-One table service in each park
-Maybe even one table service at a resort?
-Looking for the $$$ (15-30) price range mainly
-One or two (pushing it) could be $$$$
-No buffets or family styles! (Unless it's SO fantastic, it'll be worth wasting the $ for one adult.) I'll be post-op and need to share food with him.

All that said, anyone have ideas for me?
elielioh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:47 PM   #2
honeybunches
That sounds like a cat poster, but it's true

Congrats on the wedding! My vote would be for The Wave. Sooooo good. Plus if you wanted a smaller portion you could get an appetizer as your meal. Have a great time!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2013, 10:58 PM   #3
mirage0306
DIS Veteran

Sure! I would do:
MK: BOG (if you can get it). The other choices i would recommend for you for MK are hard because you said you don't want buffets or family style, so Liberty Tree Tavern and Crystal Palace for dinner are out. BUT Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch might work, because you just order off the menu for lunch there.
AK: Again, would recommend Tusker House but you don't want buffets, so then I would say Yak and Yeti.
Epcot: You sure you don't want to do just four TS in Epcot? I would vote for Rose and Crown, San Angel Inn, or Via Napoli for mid priced, non buffet/family style places.
HS: If you wanted to splurge I would do Hollywood Brown Derby. Otherwise 50s Prime Time or Mama Melrose.

For a mid priced resort meal, I would do the Wave (at CR), or Kona Cafe (at the Polynesian). Have fun!

WDW: Wilderness Lodge 2011 | Caribbean Beach, Boardwalk Inn CL, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012 | Polynesian CL, Animal Kingdom Lodge CL 2013

DLR: Candy Cane Inn 2013 | Candy Cane Inn, Grand Californian 2014
mirage0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:59 PM   #4
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elielioh View Post
I'm getting married at WDW this December (!) over the dreaded Christmas crowd. Thankfully my wedding has me so excited, I don't much care about the insane number of people. But for the honeymoon we're looking to eat at a table service in each park as sort of a new mini Disney adventure for us. Shamefully, we typically eat big meals in the villa so my actual dining experience beyond quick service is rather limited. (50's, Garden Grill, Rainforest, some place in Morocco, Hoop Dee Doo, anything on the Boardwalk, and the Downtown restaurants.) So- I would love your recommendations! The 180 day mark is fast approaching.

-One table service in each park
-Maybe even one table service at a resort?
-Looking for the $$$ (15-30) price range mainly
-One or two (pushing it) could be $$$$
-No buffets or family styles! (Unless it's SO fantastic, it'll be worth wasting the $ for one adult.) I'll be post-op and need to share food with him.

All that said, anyone have ideas for me?
Congrats! A Christmas wedding at Disney sounds wonderful.

Each park and max of $30-ish pp (no buffets or family style):
disclosure: I have not been to some the places I am suggesting (but would like to go them). I have been to the bolded ones.

Epcot- Via Napoli or San Angel (for ambiance Food is so-so)

MK- I would say Liberty Tree Tavern (all you can eat family style for dinner we love, but cool menu for lunch which I'd like to try someday) or try for the much coveted Be Our Guest (try to use some wedding power to see if they can get you a resie there)

HS- I'd say Sci-Fi (fun and some yummy stuff, but not the BEST menu...very comfort type food)

AK- Yak and Yeti

Resorts-
Kona at POLY (can't wait to try this in OCT!!!), Boatwright's at POR, Grand Floridian Cafe at GF, Sanaa at AKV

The best signature ($$$$) in my opinion is Jiko at AKL (but we haven't tried them all).

I didn't include Downtown or the Boardwalk area as I think that's where you have been already.

Last edited by lovin'fl; 06-22-2013 at 08:52 AM.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:11 PM   #5
Don'tLookDown
Mouseketeer

Epcot: Tutto Italia or Chefs de France
Magic Kingdom: Liberty Tree Tavern
Hollywood Studios: Sci Fi
Animal Kingdom: Yak n Yeti
Resort: Kouzzina or Sanaa
Don'tLookDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:18 PM   #6
papamouse1
Papa Moo Moo Boo Boo

Hmmm.. intriguing. I'll give it a go

<<EDIT>> I don't know how I missed the whole "no buffets" thing so had make some tweaks

Before I start just an FYI... according to Disney Dining the $$ are $15-30 range and the $$$ are actually $30-60

So I will look at the $$ mainly, then give you a couple of upgrades I would consider if I were you.

Magic Kingdom
Be Our Guest--- Honestly, only 1 restaurant to go for in the park for 2 lovebirds in this price range The lunch price is $$ but no reservations are taken, it's walk-up only. Dinner is $$-$$$ I believe and getting a ressie for dinner means you book it literally in the first hour they become available 180 days out or you won't get one.

Other choice.. take monorail from park to 1900 Park Fare-buffet (Grand Floridian), Ohana-buffet, Kona Cafe (Poly Resort).

**Splurge Alert-- Citrico's or Narcoossee's at Grand Floridian

Hollywood Studios
50's Prime Time-- This is definitely the place for a quiet romantic dinner. But if you are looking to have some fun & have a truly memorable meal, go here! You have to go with a sense of humor and be ready to let your hair down and have fun... plus the food is very good IMO

Mama Melrose's-- Some people don't care for Mama's but we have never had a bad meal here. It is a quieter little Italian eatery if that's what you are looking

**Splurge alert-- If you are going to step up your budget for 1 or meals, then Hollywood Brown Derby is definitely one to consider. Great food, elegant atmosphere. Great date restaurant.

Animal Kingdom
Sanaa-- This place is located in AK Kidani Village next to the park. It has a stunning view of the Savannah so try get there before sunset. The food is a little adventurous African cuisine, but it's not that wild. One of our fav places

Epcot
This is Dining Central... so many choices

Chef de France-- It's French, enough said... oo lala
Good food, and great atmosphere

Teppan Edo-- Think Beni Hana's. Fun show, good food, relaxed atmosphere ** this may not work since you are sharing. Tokyo Dining right next door would be a nice choice as well.... very authentic Japanese atmosphere

*Splurge Alert-- If you like French food and are willing to go over the top, then it's Monsieur Paul's for you.

Other Splurge Alert locations worth a look...

Flying Fish on the Boardwalk
Yachtsman's Steakhouse at the Yacht Club Resort

As you can see, Disney World has no shortage of great options, and I am sure others have differing opinions. I have only included ones that I have eaten at personally, and I can honestly say, I've not had one bad meal at any of these locations

Enjoy and Congratulations!!!!

1999-2005 yearly DLC trips - various non-Disney hotels 2006 - DLC - Paradise Pier Hotel *Joined DVC! 2007 - Disney Cruise & WDW for our 20th wedding anniversary 2008 - DLC - Grand Californian 2009 - WDW- Old Key West & Animal Kingdom-Kidani 2010 - WDW- Beach Club & Animal Kingdom 2011 - Disney Cruise - the new Disney Dream & Holidays @ WDW! BCV & AKV Concierge April 2012 - MR Anniversary Cruise Nov 2012 - DLC to see Holidays & "WoC" May 2013 - Aulani! Aug2013 WDW & Universal Studios March 2013 Travel Agent AEP DCL/WDW

Last edited by papamouse1; 06-21-2013 at 11:26 PM.
papamouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:22 AM   #7
Tiffany507s
Mouseketeer

MK: Be Our Guest
AK: Yak and Yeti
EP: Via Napoli
DHS: SciFi Dine In
Resort: California Grill...worth the money, TRUST ME! Just do it!
Old 06-22-2013, 02:52 AM   #8
Leanne1977
Loving frozen margaritas

Here goes!

Epcot: Teppan Edo
DHS: Mama Melrose
Resort: Grand Floridian Cafe
Splurge: California Grill

WDW private villa July/August 05
DLP SL Jan/Feb 06, DCR Feb 07, Cheyenne Feb 08
WDW Pop Sept/Oct 06
WDW ASMO/HRH/PC Sept/Oct 07 3 weeks free ddp
WDW SSR/Regal Sun May 08/Aug 08/Dec 08
WDW SSR May 09
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/AKV/DCL Jul/Aug 09
WDW Orange Tree/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/Disney Magic Oct/Nov 2010 Our wedding!
WDW SSR/Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary!
Leanne1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:52 AM   #9
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

Congrats!!!

Mk: Be Our Guest
HS: Brown Derby
AK: Yak n Yeti
EPCOT: La Hacienda
DTD: Raglan Road
Contemporary: California Grill
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:08 AM   #10
Quin
DIS Veteran

What fun!

MK: lunch at LTT. For a little extra magic, make it a mid-afternoon lunch (two-ish) and book the Wishes Dessert Party that evening. Yes, dessert for dinner. It's your honeymoon. Why not?

AK: Yak & Yeti

HS: Sci-Fi (sit in the car & hold hands like a couple of teenagers. Since you're paying oop, definitely a good place to split an app, an entree, and a hot fudge sundae for dessert).

Epcot: SO many choices. Tutto or Via Napoli. Rose & Crown. Marrakesh. San Angel (HUGE portions). Pretty much pick whichever cuisine sounds the most fun.

Resorts: Lunch at Trails End at Ft. Wilderness is way off the beaten path but offers some great food (again, with large portions: I can personally attest to the pan-fried catfish and to the chicken & waffles). Dinner at Boatwrights at POR is also good (try the new spinach/pear/pecan app salad, maybe as your entree if he prefers the menu and you're concerned about the spice level) and then step next door to the River Roost lounge to catch Bob Jackson's wonderful (free!) show.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:30 PM   #11
elielioh
Earning My Ears

I'm loving all these ideas! BOG is coming up a lot so I'm thinking maybe an early morning to try and snag one of those coveted reservations. Or maybe bare the lines for lunch.
elielioh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:45 PM   #12
The Hendies
DIS Veteran

Congrats on the upcoming nuptials!

MK - Be Our Guest
EPCOT - Teppan Edo
AK - Take a bus to EPCOT and go to San Angel
DHS - Take a boat to EPCOT and go to Coral Reef

Honestly, we don't do TS much in HS or AK. We enjoy Sci Fi at HS and the only place DH will eat at AK is Flame Tree!

Next trip .... 10/9/14 for my birthday!

DH Me

The Hendies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #13
carrie1626
DIS Veteran

MAGIC KINGDOM TONY's
EPCOT VIA NAPOLI
ANIMAL KINGDOM YAK and YETI
HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS 50's PRIME TIME
2000 NOV Polynesian 2001 OCT AS Music 2002 AUG Grosvenor DD 2003 AUG DoubleTree DD 2004 NOV Port Orleans French Quarter 2006 NOV POP Century 2010 AUG Animal KingdomLodge 2011 NOV Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012 NOV HGVC Internat'l Dr 25th Anniversary trip 2013 DEC Pop/CBR next trip not soon enough
carrie1626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:35 PM   #14
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany507s
EP: Via Napoli
DHS: SciFi Dine In
Resort: California Grill...worth the money, TRUST ME! Just do it!
I agree with this 100%.

Epcot: via is my 1st choice. Then tutto and chefs/france.

HS: I love scifi more...but 50s is a lot of fun too.

MK: Cali Grill is OUTSTANDING. Its right beside MK and super easy to get to. You can easily walk! My other choice would be BOG. The worst restaurant in MK is Tonys. Awwwful.

AK: Yak &Yeti

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:05 PM   #15
flamark
Mouseketeer

These are our favorites.
MK: Liberty Tree Tavern
EPCOT: Tutto Italia
DHS: 50's Primetime Cafe
Animal Kingdom:Nothing Rainforest if I'm forced
Resort: Ohana!!!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread