Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2013, 11:29 PM   #1
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

I cant believe how unlucky I am again! Swear im cursed, more surgery!!:(

Well like the title says I think I'm cursed!

After we decided last wk to go to Disney in November with our friends, and booking I've ended up back in hospital!!!
After being in since Monday I've gotten very very sick again,
As many of you already know last year I was very sick and needed major head surgery to my mastoid bone to remove a mass and a infection that was so aggressive it was eating away at my mastoid bone!
It only left me with 8 weeks to recover for our 3wk Disney trip......
So that had already been my 3rd OP as for some reason what I have is so aggressive it keeps growing again normally you don't need another op for at least 15 years if at all,
So imagine my disappointment when the CT scan showed that it was back, and that I needed major surgery again.
The infection has come back with a vengeance and is now sitting close to the lining of my brain.

I went down to theatre yesterday to have a central line put into my neck it took 4 hours to do " normally only takes 45 mins" since i have had these lines before it was very difficult they get more complicated, then it was wasn't in the right place so had to be unstitched pulled back up as it was too close to my heart redone!

Anyways I'm now feeling pretty sorry for myself, DH said to look on the bright side at least I have an extra month this year to recover! Lol

Me 29,DH 33,DS 12, DS"Twins"9
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:06 AM   #2
wen-tom
spit spot!

oh no i'm so sorry I know that there is nothing I can do that will make you feel better but I couldn't read and run.

I hope everything goes well for you and your recovery is quick. Just keep thinking of that Disney time to get you through

hugs

wen-tom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2013, 03:30 AM   #3
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

i am so sorry you're going through this

and yes, keep your thoughts on disney and the trip you'll take when you're done with this round...
Old 06-22-2013, 03:57 AM   #4
irenep
DIS Veteran

Oh no! Sounds horrendous.
Hope they sort it out quickly for you and you make a speedy recovery.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:42 AM   #5
pascalstongue
DIS Veteran

Oh no! Get well soon. Hope you recover quickly.

pascalstongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:41 AM   #6
catherine
Hey not fair, you guys already have a bunch of tags, and poor me I haven't got one
Cheer up. You've been tagged by the tag fairie

So Sorry that you're having to go through all this again. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

"In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity." Albert Einstein

catherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:51 AM   #7
flortlebap
Disneyiac!

Sorry to hear your news - I remember this from last year, I was gutted for you then too!

Think positive - you recovered well last time so all signs are good for your trip this time. Just take it easy.
August 1993 - Off Site / August 1996 - CBR / August 1999 - POR / September 2004 - POP / October 2006 - POR /October 2009 - HNY / October 2010 - NPB / May 2012 - CSR / July 2013 - AKL / September 2014 - YC
flortlebap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:56 AM   #8
starrysky
DIS Veteran

Aw no I'm so sorry to hear that. But you've fought it before and will again. Take it easy and just keep positive you got there before and you will again.

1986 Hilton Downtown Disney, 1992 Offisite Kissimmee, 2006 Offsite (sheraton vistana) 2009 POFQ, 2010 POR, 2011 OKW, 2012 OKW, 2013 POFQ

starrysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:31 AM   #9
Disneynutinlondon
It's been such a blast with all the lurkers and fluffing
I seem to be whitering on in a constant stream of random thoughts
I think I'll just go with the small one

Sorry to read this news hun but hoping the surgery goes well and you have a really speedy recovery
Old 06-22-2013, 06:45 AM   #10
TinkerbellW
Mouseketeer

Thinking of you and hoping you have a very speedy recovery.
January 2005 'Last family trip' - Pop Century May 2007 '1st single parent trip' - Pop CenturyJuly 2010 'My 40th Birthday'- All Star Sports April 2012 'Graduation' - Pop Century July 2013 'Onwards and upwards' - Art Of Animation
July 2015 'We made it back' - Port Orleans French Quarter

TinkerbellW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:56 AM   #11
stephensmum
DIS Veteran

Aww Cindy I can't believe you have to go through this again, I'm so sorry. I know it will be difficult but perhaps you can think/concentrate on your Disney planning while you are going through this. Hope things are quickly resolved and wish you a speedy recovery. Please keep us updated. You and your family will be in my prayers.

International Drive Aug 1991
Kissimee Sept 1996
All Star Movies Aug 2005
POFQ May 2007
CBR Aug 2008
SSR Aug 2009
SSR Aug 2010
SSR Aug 2012
Rosen inn & AKL Aug 2014
Beach Club Aug 2015
stephensmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:32 AM   #12
CAROLINE4
Mouseketeer

So sorry to hear you are going through this again!
Off site march 2007-solana, off site october 2009- formosa gardens and MARRIED ON COCOA BEACH!: off site April/May 2012 Off site Christmas 2013 Indian Creek Lisax is my sister!xx
CAROLINE4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:32 AM   #13
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerpea View Post
Well like the title says I think I'm cursed!

After we decided last wk to go to Disney in November with our friends, and booking I've ended up back in hospital!!!
After being in since Monday I've gotten very very sick again,
As many of you already know last year I was very sick and needed major head surgery to my mastoid bone to remove a mass and a infection that was so aggressive it was eating away at my mastoid bone!
It only left me with 8 weeks to recover for our 3wk Disney trip......
So that had already been my 3rd OP as for some reason what I have is so aggressive it keeps growing again normally you don't need another op for at least 15 years if at all,
So imagine my disappointment when the CT scan showed that it was back, and that I needed major surgery again.
The infection has come back with a vengeance and is now sitting close to the lining of my brain.

I went down to theatre yesterday to have a central line put into my neck it took 4 hours to do " normally only takes 45 mins" since i have had these lines before it was very difficult they get more complicated, then it was wasn't in the right place so had to be unstitched pulled back up as it was too close to my heart redone!

Anyways I'm now feeling pretty sorry for myself, DH said to look on the bright side at least I have an extra month this year to recover! Lol
So sorry to hear that you're going through all this and hope you feel better soon and this becomes the last time you need surgery for a VERY long time!
MrRomance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #14
kittengal13
kittengal13

That is awful... like a PP said, I realise I can't do anything to help but didn't want to read it and not leave a note of well wishes!

I really hope everything works out and I wish you a healthy life and trip at WDW

Kitten Gal x
Old 06-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #15
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Wishing you a speedy recovery

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: