Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #1
novazx3
Earning My Ears

In Room Gifts

Hi,

About how long does it take DCL to charge your credit card after filling out the in- room gifts form and faxing over? I was going to put $2000 on bard credit on my account, I was wondering what the timeline was so I would have lengthy of time to do this.
novazx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:03 PM   #2
sgc1107
sgc1107

Quote:
Originally Posted by novazx3 View Post
Hi,

About how long does it take DCL to charge your credit card after filling out the in- room gifts form and faxing over? I was going to put $2000 on bard credit on my account, I was wondering what the timeline was so I would have lengthy of time to do this.
I'd wait until you board. You can go right to GS and ask them to do it. This will assure no natural disasters have accrued and your actually on board :-)

sgc1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2013, 12:50 PM   #3
neg58
DIS Veteran

Do on board gifts get charged to your stateroom? I don't think so. I think you pay for those by credit card when you order them.

I ordered some spa services (same procedure) and I was billed immediately. When they refunded a portion, it went back on my credit card, not credited to my on board account.

You might be able to pay for them directly with Disney gift cards, but I'm not sure.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:53 PM   #4
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

When I ordered the birthday package it was charged right then. I will also be ordering it again later in the week.
CruznLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #5
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by novazx3 View Post
Hi,

I believe they'll charge your credit card right away. If you are using a Disney Visa, this will qualify for the 6-mos zero-interest. Better yet, just call DCL and have them apply it to your onboard account, no need to do the gift form.

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:11 PM   #6
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanejudy View Post
I believe they'll charge your credit card right away. If you are using a Disney Visa, this will qualify for the 6-mos zero-interest. Better yet, just call DCL and have them apply it to your onboard account, no need to do the gift form.

Enjoy your cruise!
My charges for online gifts did not qualify for the 6-months zero-interest. If you need this, make sure you ask if it does qualify. It showed up on my credit card as a merchandize purchase, not as a vacation.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:36 PM   #7
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58 View Post
My charges for online gifts did not qualify for the 6-months zero-interest. If you need this, make sure you ask if it does qualify. It showed up on my credit card as a merchandize purchase, not as a vacation.

Nancy
Interesting! OP, if you just want to make a "prepayment" to your onboard account, call DCL directly (or have your TA do so). Prepaying into your onboard account does qualify for the financing on the Visa because we did this - but we didn't use the gift form, just called directly.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: