Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
ckrisie
Mouseketeer

Talking 2014 honeymoon itinerary thoughts and suggestions please

My Fiance and I will be honeymooning in Disney World in January we are doing a split stay at OLD Key West (6 days) and Boardwalk Villas (6 days) on rented points with a 10 day hopper pass.

Some background I have been to WDW twice as a child and I did a College Program in 2009, my DF has never been shocking! But we will soon fix that

We will be going during the marathon weekend so we are prepared for those crowds.

I am not a very adventurous eater so that has been somewhat limiting in our dinner reservations ideas. I also do not eat breakfast.... terrible I know... We will not be using the Dinning Plan doesn't work for the way we eat

We could use your help

We are looking for suggestions for how to make it a romantic trip. And I thought I'd ask the experts

Listed below is our day by day itinerary.

Day 1 Sunday: Check in late to Old Key West hopefully be in time for Wishes viewed from the Poly beach sipping drinks.

Day 2 Monday: Magic Kingdom - Lunch at 11:30 at Casey's Corner. Dinner at Tony's Town Square DF loves Italian and has been wanting to eat as much Italian as possible on trip

Day 3 Tuesday: EPCOT - my home away from home I worked at the Seas- :b anana: Dinner at CS in Japan 11:30 am - Dinner at San Angel Inn Restaurant around 7 or so.

Day 4 Wednesday: Hollywood Studios - Lunch Unknown - I always ate at the ABC Commissary b/c it never had a wait - Dinner at 50's Prime Time

Day 5 Thursday: Animal Kingdom - Unknown - I don't think I ever really eat in AK and the last time I was there as a child AK did not exist Dinner Late showing of Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue

Day 6 Friday: Magic Kingdom - Keys to the Magic Kingdom Tour Lunch Provided at Columbia Harbour House Dinner at Be Our Guest - at whatever time we can get a ADR

Day 7 Saturday: Change Resorts to Boardwalk Villas Avoid Marathon Traffic go to Theme Park Connections - Lunch Probably off site go to Chip and Dale's Sing a long at Wilderness explore camp site and Barns - Dinner on the Boardwalk Somewhere

Day 8 Sunday: Magic Kingdom Lunch at the Boardwalk or MK QS depending on when we get out and about -Dinner Unknown - anywhere in WDW with the best steaks is an option

Day 9 Monday: Hollywood Studios Lunch QS Dinner Possibly at POR with Carriage ride or at Poly with Spirit of Aloha - opinions?

Day 10 Tuesday: Animal Kingdom - Unknown - QS preferred Dinner at 1900 Park Fare

Day 11 Wednesday: Animal Kingdom Lunch Unknown - Dinner at 7:00 pm or later at Chef Mickey's

Day 12 Thursday: Leave it up to chance before we head off to Kennedy Space Center and the rest of our honeymoon

Follow up questions, where is the best place to get steaks at in WDW? We would like to explore the Boardwalk area what restaurants would you recommend in that area? Besides V&A where is the most romantic place to eat on property? If you have any suggestions about our plans I would really value them.

Thanks!
Laura
Old 06-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #2
nimbuscat
Mouseketeer

I know you said the dining plan wouldn't work for the way you eat, but with the restaurants you've got listed, I think the standard DDP might actually benefit you? Unless you want appetizers at your TS restaurants...

But anyway, for your Animal Kingdom days, I would recommend Flame Tree BBQ (QS), or Yak & Yeti (TS). You could also do Tusker House if you want to see the characters--it's a buffet, and breakfast looks amazing. If you time your ADR right, you can finish with your meal just in time for rope drop and be the first ones on Kilimanjaro Safaris!

Also, for the "unknown" lunch in HS--what about Hollywood Brown Derby's Fantasmic package? You could get reserved seats for Fantasmic that night, and their lunch menu is pretty much the same as dinner. Steak!

Otherwise, I'd recommend Yachtsmen Steakhouse for the best steak in The World. Oh, and there is also Flying Fish (Boardwalk). It's mostly seafood, but they do have steak/poultry options, and the pictures/menu make me drool! The desserts are very creative. Good location for you.

Romance-wise, hmm...what about California Grill? Time your ADR to see the Wishes fireworks from their observation deck.

Enjoy, we will be there the same time as you!

Disneyland (day trip) - March 2005
Walt Disney World (off-site) - April 1997, July 1992
nimbuscat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2013, 02:29 PM   #3
hooch11bear
Mouseketeer

First of all, congratulations on your upcoming wedding!! Since you are looking for something that is romantic and offers great steak, I would suggest Jiko. They have a wonderful filet there and it is quiet and romantic. You could check out the resort too. It is beautiful there. Since there aren't many options at AK, I would suggest Yak & Yeti. It is a nice place to take a break and they have pretty good food too. You can check out the menus over at Allears.net to see if there's anything there that interests you. Over at the Boardwalk I would suggest eating at Flying Fish. We tried it last year for the first time and really enjoyed it. You could always head to DTD to try some of the restaurants there as well.

Have a wonderful honeymoon!!!
hooch11bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:38 PM   #4
2010_Bride
DIS Veteran

Congratulations!!

DH and I Disneymooned in 2010.
We did the KTTK Tour and LOVED it - it was a highlight for us. You also mentioned possibly Spirit of Aloha, we did this as well. We enjoyed both the food and the show. There is even a part in the show that celebrates anniversaries and you and your new hubby can go up and dance. We have a great picture of this moment that a nice gentleman at the next table over took for us with our camera

2010_Bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:59 PM   #5
katiee37
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to say congratulations!!!

Although I can't really help with specific honeymoon ideas and advice, any walk on a beach (like at CBR or Polynesian) is romantic for me
January 2014 Art of Animation--Celebrating my birthday January 2014 PTR
January 2015--Running the 5K and (yikes) possibly the Half Marathon!

katiee37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:02 AM   #6
ckrisie
Mouseketeer

Thanks nimbuscat. We normally do not eat as much food a the DDP would provide for us, with the desserts with every meal. And we hate wasting food. But I will have DF and I crunch the numbers.

Thank you for the Fantasmic Dinner Package suggestion, I had not thought about that, it will also help save some time without having to stand in line for so long.

California Grill is a great suggestion thank you!
Old 06-22-2013, 07:04 AM   #7
ckrisie
Mouseketeer

hooch11bear - I had not even thought about AKL and Jiko - I never ate there but I have heard good things. Plus it will be awesome to see the animals- thanks!
Old 06-22-2013, 07:06 AM   #8
ckrisie
Mouseketeer

2010_Bride - Thank you! I am leaning towards Spirit of Aloha - it is the closest I will probably get to Hawaii for a while
Old 06-22-2013, 07:07 AM   #9
ckrisie
Mouseketeer

Thanks katiee37 - we are hoping to stroll the beaches at the Poly GF and along the Boardwalk and just enjoy each other.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: