Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2013, 07:14 AM   #106
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Laura, New Zealand is a beautful place to visit. Are they going to live on the North or South island?
He's being non-committal, but "thinks" it will be North!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Laura, congrats to them! Do they have a date for the move?
Thanks, Pam! At least 6 months till they make the move. Lots of details to handle here in the US, plus he has to find a job in New Zealand (which shouldn't be a problem with his IT background).

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I can give you an ignoramus synopsis. Evidently this Zimmerman fancied himself a self appointed vigil ante for the HOA. He thought the kid in a hoodie was a danger and shot him. Beyond that, is what the trial is about, whether the kid threatened him or whether or not Zimmerman was on a rampage as a racist is the whole thing of the trial.

I am just glad that I do not have to serve on the jury. I have jury duty coming up and need to get myself a character backpack to wear into the jury room. Evidently they don't take folks seriously who appear childish like wearing a Pooh backpack or something similar.
I don't think I could serve on a jury for a trial like that either. I think there might be outrage either way when the verdict is finally read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Thanks Alison! I see. So it's turned into a racial issue. Is he or isn't he using harmony hairspray/a racist. Lol re the backpack. What about those cool backpacks they got in that Star Traders store as you come out of Star Tours? Looks like Yoda is on your back lol.

What is the HOA please?
Homeowners Association.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberg@eastlink.ca View Post
thanks! we spent xmas there 2011 and it was amazing!!!! dh is military and that is the only time we can ensure he will get leave. we enjoy it, but it is crazy! we stayed at blt(home resort). we booked that at our 11 month window this time but hoped we could get akl at the 7 month mark. when I tried and found it for the 17th I was all over it.

nice!!! I imagine the fall cruises must be lovely when in port to see the foliage. hopefully you'll have a beautiful day here in port! do you have any excursions planned while here?
We are doing a tour called "Halifax Titanic Historical Tour" with another couple who have done this tour before - they loved it and the tour director, Paul. That's actually the only thing we have planned. I need to find something for our day in St. John - Bay of Fundy. Any ideas?

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:50 AM   #107
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
I have not been paying attention to it myself. I don't think I could help a whole lot, but there are threads here on the DIS dedicated to the trial... Have you started on them yet?
Thanks it's actually where I got completely lost lol. We don't screen trials in the UK so it's quite an eye opener!
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2013, 07:51 AM   #108
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

I am sure you will learn more than you ever wanted....

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:01 PM   #109
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Hi everybody I hope life is treating you all nicely

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:12 PM   #110
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Hi everybody I hope life is treating you all nicely
We are preparing for the floods here! Darn weather!

I guess lots of indoor activities this long weekend......... which usually means we spend lots of $$$!

Old 07-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #111
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
We are preparing for the floods here! Darn weather!

I guess lots of indoor activities this long weekend......... which usually means we spend lots of $$$!
Floods! what have I missed? Normal for this time of the year?

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:18 PM   #112
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

You know what the say about clouds and silver linings? I had my heart set on the Panama Canal Cruise on the Disney Wonder in September and a sneaky day at Disneyland on the first day of their Halloween season. For one reason or the other, those plans came apart. Graham and I were discussing taking a vacation at the end of November or beginning of December yesterday. A dear friend of mine is doing a 5 day cruise on the Magic in mid December. I have to say I am mildly curious what they are doing to the Magic and always wanted the see one of the ships in full Christmas finery. The rough idea is to fly to Orlando on December 5th and spend a week there before taking the train to Miami. We would then spend one night there and get on the Magic on December 13th for 5 glorious nights. We would then take the train back on December 18th and fly back home the following day. I hope everything will work out. I was actually quite surprised when I managed to get the vacation time booked as I thought that close to Christmas it would be all taken. We will stay somewhere offsite as I want to save my points for next year, but once I know we are definitely going, I may try to book a night onsite as I really want to do MVMCP and don't want to head back to somewhere like International Drive after midnight.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #113
Paula Sedley-Burke

Hi everyone! Just got back from Wimbledon. Had a great time. DW got our baseball caps signed by John McEnroe who was playing in the senior doubles. Not only that but he threw his wristband into the crowd after they won the match and it landed with me!

Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 07-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #114
Paula Sedley-Burke

Here we are in caps! ( see autograph under the peak )

Hope you all had a great day!

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 07-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #115
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Floods! what have I missed? Normal for this time of the year?
Pam, this weather is highly unusual for this time of year in Georgia -- but the weather has been so whacky everywhere that nothing surprises me anymore! Most of the metro ATL cities have canceled their fireworks due to the rain, which is here for today, tomorrow and into Friday.

The good news: so far, no "severe" weather so we're only dealing with flooding here and there; no falling trees, tornadoes, or lightning fires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
You know what the say about clouds and silver linings? I had my heart set on the Panama Canal Cruise on the Disney Wonder in September and a sneaky day at Disneyland on the first day of their Halloween season. For one reason or the other, those plans came apart. Graham and I were discussing taking a vacation at the end of November or beginning of December yesterday. A dear friend of mine is doing a 5 day cruise on the Magic in mid December. I have to say I am mildly curious what they are doing to the Magic and always wanted the see one of the ships in full Christmas finery. The rough idea is to fly to Orlando on December 5th and spend a week there before taking the train to Miami. We would then spend one night there and get on the Magic on December 13th for 5 glorious nights. We would then take the train back on December 18th and fly back home the following day. I hope everything will work out. I was actually quite surprised when I managed to get the vacation time booked as I thought that close to Christmas it would be all taken. We will stay somewhere offsite as I want to save my points for next year, but once I know we are definitely going, I may try to book a night onsite as I really want to do MVMCP and don't want to head back to somewhere like International Drive after midnight.

Corinna
I hope that works out for you! I will be at SSR 12/2-7 so maybe we'll get the chance for a quick meet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Here we are in caps! ( see autograph under the peak )

Hope you all had a great day!
Cute, cute, cute! Glad you 2 had a wonderful day at Wimbledon! I was very surprised at how many of the top seeds got knocked out in the early rounds!

Old 07-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #116
dolphingirl47

Quote:
I hope that works out for you! I will be at SSR 12/2-7 so maybe we'll get the chance for a quick meet!
I would love that.

Corinna
Old 07-03-2013, 04:24 PM   #117
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
I would love that.

Corinna
Me too!

I don't know if this would interest you, or maybe you are already aware of it, but DISApalooza is scheduled for 12/6-8 (still in the planning stages). Here's the thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3124657

Old 07-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #118
dolphingirl47

Quote:
Me too!

I don't know if this would interest you, or maybe you are already aware of it, but DISApalooza is scheduled for 12/6-8 (still in the planning stages). Here's the thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3124657

I had never even heard of this before, but it would definitely be of interest to me. I will keep a careful eye on this. Thanks for sharing.

Corinna
Old 07-03-2013, 05:01 PM   #119
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
I had never even heard of this before, but it would definitely be of interest to me. I will keep a careful eye on this. Thanks for sharing.

Corinna
I've never been to one - the dates never worked out - but I hear they are AWESOME!! (I already have my flight home on 12/7 or I might have extended my stay to do the whole weekend. Oh well! I'm hoping 12/6 will work out for me! )

Old 07-03-2013, 05:09 PM   #120
dolphingirl47

My vacation is rapidly evolving. Initially I thought as we are going to stay offsite, I may give Disney a miss. Then I remembered how much I enjoyed MVMCP last year and thought I have to try and fit one in. Then I though that I would really miss Epcot and I really loved the Candlelight Processional last year. So I was thinking of adding this. By now I am up to three days. I definitely want to do Discovery Cove and Seaworld though as I have not done them since 2009.

Corinna

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: