Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-27-2013, 02:45 AM   #61
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...
 
Paula Sedley-Burke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,841

Yeah to Cali court result! Do I hear wedding bells? :-)
__________________
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline  
Old 06-27-2013, 10:30 AM   #62
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"
 
PNO4TE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 31,523

Good morning, Js & Ks!

We had quite a storm here last night. We are all OK, but this is what we have to deal with.



This will get taken care of as soon as we can get someone here to do it. Seems there is a lot of cleanup in our area.



I got the patio furniture "righted" last night and the only casualty is one bent chair leg. Easy enough to replace.
__________________
Elin


"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-27-2013, 10:35 AM   #63
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...
 
Paula Sedley-Burke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,841

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Good morning, Js & Ks!

We had quite a storm here last night. We are all OK, but this is what we have to deal with.

This will get taken care of as soon as we can get someone here to do it. Seems there is a lot of cleanup in our area.

I got the patio furniture "righted" last night and the only casualty is one bent chair leg. Easy enough to replace.
Omg I am sorry how scary for you! Like the Twister ride at Universal but real...
__________________
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline  
Old 06-27-2013, 11:00 AM   #64
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,642

Good Morning everybody

Sorry about the tree Elin.
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline  
Old 06-27-2013, 11:13 AM   #65
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"
 
PNO4TE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 31,523

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Omg I am sorry how scary for you! Like the Twister ride at Universal but real...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Good Morning everybody

Sorry about the tree Elin.
I was at work when the storm hit and it was like something out of a movie! The street that our studio is on goes uphill from the river and the wind was screaming up the hill so ferociously that there was a dust storm! People were running into shops to get out of it. My students were a little afraid, but we kept right on singing and working on our compositions, even when the power was blinking off and on.

On the home front, Bob was oblivious to the whole thing! All that wind damage and he had no idea!!
__________________
Elin


"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline  
Old 06-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #66
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me
 
dgbg100106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 48,532

Glad you are all alright... I was trying to get off the train before it hit, and I was lucky to make it all the way home before it started.
__________________
Brandi & David Thanks Lulu's Mom

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline  
Old 06-27-2013, 11:43 AM   #67
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...
 
Paula Sedley-Burke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,841

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post

I was at work when the storm hit and it was like something out of a movie! The street that our studio is on goes uphill from the river and the wind was screaming up the hill so ferociously that there was a dust storm! People were running into shops to get out of it. My students were a little afraid, but we kept right on singing and working on our compositions, even when the power was blinking off and on.

On the home front, Bob was oblivious to the whole thing! All that wind damage and he had no idea!!
I can't imagine! I was holding my ipad at a distance reading it I was so scared for you. We don't get such weather in UK. Hope you are ok.
__________________
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline  
Old 06-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #68
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...
 
Paula Sedley-Burke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,841

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Glad you are all alright... I was trying to get off the train before it hit, and I was lucky to make it all the way home before it started.
Omg. I nearly died of fright. Read this completely wrong. ... i read it as the train got hit. I had visions of your train being hit by another train with you diving off the train to save yourself lol. I was going to get on the next plane and sit the midnight vigil in hospital... But you mean before the storm hit! Ok I really need to cut down my sugar but so glad you are ok.
__________________
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline  
Old 06-27-2013, 11:56 AM   #69
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me
 
dgbg100106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 48,532

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Omg. I nearly died of fright. Read this completely wrong. ... i read it as the train got hit. I had visions of your train being hit by another train with you diving off the train to save yourself lol. I was going to get on the next plane and sit the midnight vigil in hospital... But you mean before the storm hit! Ok I really need to cut down my sugar but so glad you are ok.
OK Paula, yes you need to cut back on the sugar or caffeine, yes I mean the before the storm hit the area....

I am ok on the train, but with the bad weather, I never am comfortable on the train, I really don't like it.

It is a diesel / Electrical motor, meaning we have electrical power lines that generate power and push the train along... I really don't like being on them during inclement weather.
__________________
Brandi & David Thanks Lulu's Mom

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline  
Old 06-27-2013, 12:11 PM   #70
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...
 
Paula Sedley-Burke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,841

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post

OK Paula, yes you need to cut back on the sugar or caffeine, yes I mean the before the storm hit the area....

I am ok on the train, but with the bad weather, I never am comfortable on the train, I really don't like it.

It is a diesel / Electrical motor, meaning we have electrical power lines that generate power and push the train along... I really don't like being on them during inclement weather.
Oh no I would have the same concerns. Do you guys get much warning re bad weather like that or was it unpredicted?
__________________
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline  
Old 06-27-2013, 09:57 PM   #71
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran
 
franandaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA, VWL, BCV, SSR & VGC
Posts: 23,399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Yeah to Cali court result! Do I hear wedding bells? :-)
You would have heard the wedding bells 5 years ago in September. We were among the lucky ones who got in during the 3 months that it was legal.

You're either not on FB or just we have not friended each other, but I changed my profile pic to us during our First Dance at the wedding. I also posted that since we can now file taxes jointly and other financial gains, by refilling back taxes, we get a substantial winfall!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Good morning, Js & Ks!

We had quite a storm here last night. We are all OK, but this is what we have to deal with.

This will get taken care of as soon as we can get someone here to do it. Seems there is a lot of cleanup in our area.

I got the patio furniture "righted" last night and the only casualty is one bent chair leg. Easy enough to replace.
I'm glad you're OK! I'm so happy to accept our earthquakes as l our natural disaster. We don't have much inclement weather, and earthquakes only hit a region once in 50+ years. Long Beach was hit in 1932, so I probably should start worrying, but I was in the Northridge quake, right on the epicenter so hopefully they only hit once in your lifetime too!
__________________
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now  
Old 06-28-2013, 01:55 AM   #72
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...
 
Paula Sedley-Burke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,841

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post

You would have heard the wedding bells 5 years ago in September. We were among the lucky ones who got in during the 3 months that it was legal.

You're either not on FB or just we have not friended each other, but I changed my profile pic to us during our First Dance at the wedding. I also posted that since we can now file taxes jointly and other financial gains, by refilling back taxes, we get a substantial winfall!

I'm glad you're OK! I'm so happy to accept our earthquakes as l our natural disaster. We don't have much inclement weather, and earthquakes only hit a region once in 50+ years. Long Beach was hit in 1932, so I probably should start worrying, but I was in the Northridge quake, right on the epicenter so hopefully they only hit once in your lifetime too!
Fantastic news re you are already hitched and wohhoo about time re your tax savings! Too right! I am on facebook. Would like to friend you guys. Have sent you a pm to set this up if you want to. I would like that.
__________________
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline  
Old 06-28-2013, 09:19 AM   #73
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"
 
PNO4TE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 31,523

Good morning, Js & Ks!

18 weeks!
__________________
Elin


"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline  
Old 06-28-2013, 10:41 AM   #74
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me
 
dgbg100106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 48,532

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Oh no I would have the same concerns. Do you guys get much warning re bad weather like that or was it unpredicted?
We knew in advance, and I even took an early train to bet it home, but the storm rolled in faster than expected, so I would have been better off on my normal train..
__________________
Brandi & David Thanks Lulu's Mom

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline  
Old 06-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #75
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle
 
tiggrbaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,891

Happy Friday Jamborinis and Kidanites!
__________________


DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 42/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
tiggrbaby is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: