Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 02:11 PM   #46
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Hello!

Looks like a while until we find out the menus for the F&W kiosks. Good thing I have plenty of other stuff to obsess about between now and then!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 06-25-2013, 10:44 PM   #47
RapunzelsGoodMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
I really would LOVE to do it too! If only.........

Sounds like a girls trip???

Seriously late to the party but after my last trip (the fourth in a year. And I'm from ATL), I thought I was a little over the 'world. That was short lived and now counting the days Until the full family trip in September. Seriously. I need a 12 step program. Or an investment in Disney stock.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2013, 01:31 AM   #48
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Re F&W kiosk menus. Do we not know a CM we can bribe to get the info early? I offer two crumbled dollars I have in my vacation Mickey purse that any Disney employee would obviously risk their career for...:-)
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 06-26-2013, 03:24 AM   #49
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Re F&W kiosk menus. Do we not know a CM we can bribe to get the info early? I offer two crumbled dollars I have in my vacation Mickey purse that any Disney employee would obviously risk their career for...:-)
The problem is that they probably don't even know....Nobody knows anything until it is released. The CMs are just pawns in the whole game. They really know nothing until their leads tell them and the leads know nothing until the big upper mucky mucks tell them, and I'm sure they tell them two days AFTER the supplies need to be ordered to open on opening day!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 06-26-2013, 04:44 AM   #50
Paula Sedley-Burke

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post

The problem is that they probably don't even know....Nobody knows anything until it is released. The CMs are just pawns in the whole game. They really know nothing until their leads tell them and the leads know nothing until the big upper mucky mucks tell them, and I'm sure they tell them two days AFTER the supplies need to be ordered to open on opening day!
Lol actually that sounds about right! Probably find out by reading the menu lol. Ohhhh it's the wait! When it does it get released where can I find the info is it on the main disney site under EPCOT? We only discovered F&W last year so are newbies to it.
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 06-26-2013, 07:05 AM   #51
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Lol actually that sounds about right! Probably find out by reading the menu lol. Ohhhh it's the wait! When it does it get released where can I find the info is it on the main disney site under EPCOT? We only discovered F&W last year so are newbies to it.
I think one of the best sources for F&WF info is here:

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013-e...wine-festival/

Deb will also post the information:

http://allears.net/tp/ep/epcot-food-...e-festival.htm

Of course, the WDW "official" site will have the info, but I've come to rely on AJ's and Deb's sites for the most thorough, up-to-the-minute info!

Here's the WDW link:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ev...wine-festival/

(Not much on it yet, while the other 2 sites have lots of info!)

Also - just in case you weren't aware, TDC Nala has a sticky on the Restaurants board:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3110971

She updates post #1 with all the new information!

Old 06-26-2013, 08:58 AM   #52
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

And to add to what Laura has already told you... We know a few things already because of the Tables in Wonderland event that I would love to be going to! If an item is listed on the menu there it will be in a kiosk!

Here is what has been announced:

Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival Sneak Preview “Taste Your Way Around The World”

Odyssey Pavilion at Epcot®

Saturday July 27, 2013 6:30pm – 9:00pm

Price: $133.13, tax and gratuity included

Counting down the days to the Festival? Looking forward to international marketplaces featuring tasty tapas-sized dishes and refreshing beverages? Eager to try your hand at mixology? Ready for some Culinary Demonstrations? Excited to enjoy an exhilarating outdoor concert?

With the 18th Annual Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival just around the corner, we would like to invite Tables in Wonderland members only to a “sneak preview” of this year’s Festival! Join us as we sample the food and hear speakers talk about the new and exciting things we have in store for you this year! Learn what new marketplaces will be added, as well as new special events. Be one of the first to be “in the know” as we taste our way around the world!

The website will go live and begin taking reservations on Monday, July 1, 2013 at 10:00am.

Things to note about this event:
The event is limited to 150 Guests, and is exclusive to Tables in Wonderland members. Park admission not required.

Menu:
The menu for this event is inspired by the International Marketplaces:

Buffet Reception:
Florida Local: Florida Grass Fed Beef Slider with White Cheddar and Sweet & Hot Pickles

South Korea: Kimchi Dog with Spicy Mustard Sauce and Kimchi

Terra: The Vegan Vine Red Blend

Cheese: Once Upon a Vine's The Fairest Chardonnay

Brazil: Carnaval Moscato White Sparkling

Craft Beers: Sierra Nevada, Torpedo® Extra IPA

Poland: Frozen Szarlotka (Frozen Polish Apple Pie) featuring Zubrowka Bison Grass Vodka

Plated Dinner

Appetizer

Brazil: Crispy Pork Belly with Black Beans, Onions, Avocado and Cilantro
Brazil: Cerveharias Kaiser Brewery, Xingu Black Beer

Salad

Epcot® International Flower & Garden Festival Rewind – Florida Fresh: Watermelon Salad with pickled Red Onions, Baby Arugula, Feta Cheese and Balsamic Reduction
Florida Local: Florida Orange Groves Hurricane Class 5, Florida White Sangria

Entrée
Canada: "Le Cellier" Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter Sauce
Scotland: Scottish Salmon with Cauliflower Puree, Watercress and Malt Vinaigrette With Baby Root Vegetables
Africa: The Wolftrap Red (Syrah, Mourvèdre, Viognier
New Zealand: Mohua Sauvignon Blanc

Dessert Trio from Desserts & Champagne:
Chocolate Orange Cupcake
Hazelnut Chocolate Cheesecake
Morello Cherry Pistachio Mousse
Desserts & Champagne: Nicolas Feuillatte Rosé
Soft Drinks, Water, Coffee, Tea

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."

Last edited by PNO4TE; 06-26-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:09 AM   #53
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Good morning, Js & Ks!

Hope you all are having some of this amazing () hazy, hot and humid weather that has arrived here in Virginia!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 06-26-2013, 09:16 AM   #54
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Good morning everyone...

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 06-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #55
Paula Sedley-Burke

Quote:

I think one of the best sources for F&WF info is here:

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013-e...wine-festival/

Deb will also post the information:

http://allears.net/tp/ep/epcot-food-...e-festival.htm

Of course, the WDW "official" site will have the info, but I've come to rely on AJ's and Deb's sites for the most thorough, up-to-the-minute info!

Here's the WDW link:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ev...wine-festival/

(Not much on it yet, while the other 2 sites have lots of info!)

Also - just in case you weren't aware, TDC Nala has a sticky on the Restaurants board:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3110971

She updates post #1 with all the new information!

Thank you so much that is more than helpful! P xxxx

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 06-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #56
Paula Sedley-Burke

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
And to add to what Laura has already told you... We know a few things already because of the Tables in Wonderland event that I would love to be going to! If an item is listed on the menu there it will be in a kiosk!

Here is what has been announced:

Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival Sneak Preview “Taste Your Way Around The World”

Odyssey Pavilion at Epcot®

Saturday July 27, 2013 6:30pm – 9:00pm

Price: $133.13, tax and gratuity included

Counting down the days to the Festival? Looking forward to international marketplaces featuring tasty tapas-sized dishes and refreshing beverages? Eager to try your hand at mixology? Ready for some Culinary Demonstrations? Excited to enjoy an exhilarating outdoor concert?

With the 18th Annual Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival just around the corner, we would like to invite Tables in Wonderland members only to a “sneak preview” of this year’s Festival! Join us as we sample the food and hear speakers talk about the new and exciting things we have in store for you this year! Learn what new marketplaces will be added, as well as new special events. Be one of the first to be “in the know” as we taste our way around the world!

The website will go live and begin taking reservations on Monday, July 1, 2013 at 10:00am.

Things to note about this event:
The event is limited to 150 Guests, and is exclusive to Tables in Wonderland members. Park admission not required.

Menu:
The menu for this event is inspired by the International Marketplaces:

Buffet Reception:
Florida Local: Florida Grass Fed Beef Slider with White Cheddar and Sweet & Hot Pickles

South Korea: Kimchi Dog with Spicy Mustard Sauce and Kimchi

Terra: The Vegan Vine Red Blend

Cheese: Once Upon a Vine's The Fairest Chardonnay

Brazil: Carnaval Moscato White Sparkling

Craft Beers: Sierra Nevada, Torpedo® Extra IPA

Poland: Frozen Szarlotka (Frozen Polish Apple Pie) featuring Zubrowka Bison Grass Vodka

Plated Dinner

Appetizer

Brazil: Crispy Pork Belly with Black Beans, Onions, Avocado and Cilantro
Brazil: Cerveharias Kaiser Brewery, Xingu Black Beer

Salad

Epcot® International Flower & Garden Festival Rewind – Florida Fresh: Watermelon Salad with pickled Red Onions, Baby Arugula, Feta Cheese and Balsamic Reduction
Florida Local: Florida Orange Groves Hurricane Class 5, Florida White Sangria

Entrée
Canada: "Le Cellier" Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter Sauce
Scotland: Scottish Salmon with Cauliflower Puree, Watercress and Malt Vinaigrette With Baby Root Vegetables
Africa: The Wolftrap Red (Syrah, Mourvèdre, Viognier
New Zealand: Mohua Sauvignon Blanc

Dessert Trio from Desserts & Champagne:
Chocolate Orange Cupcake
Hazelnut Chocolate Cheesecake
Morello Cherry Pistachio Mousse
Desserts & Champagne: Nicolas Feuillatte Rosé
Soft Drinks, Water, Coffee, Tea
Thank you so much! Omg chocolate orange cupcake.....omg....god gave me two hands for a reason...frozen polish apple pie in one and chocolate orange cupcake in the other. Shame due to health I can't drink or eat chocolate. But it might be a good way to go lol....worth it lol..

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 06-26-2013, 12:14 PM   #57
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Thank you so much that is more than helpful! P xxxx
Always happy to provide information about WDW!!!

Elin - thanks for adding the TIW event -- I forgot!

Well, sadly "Here It Is" is no more.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #58
franandaj

Quote:
Always happy to provide information about WDW!!!

Elin - thanks for adding the TIW event -- I forgot!

Well, sadly "Here It Is" is no more.

Who got the last word?

Old 06-26-2013, 01:19 PM   #59
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Who got the last word?
ME!!!

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 06-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #60
Paula Sedley-Burke

Re the F & W I wonder if the Magicbands will be live then and if we will be able to swipe them to pay at kiosk. That would be cool.

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: