Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
Violet Parr
DIS Veteran

Need help 15th Anniversary+40th birthday dinner restaurant choice

Coming up in just a few weeks, so I need to make some ADRs fast.

We will be celebrating our anniversary AND my 40th birthday in one dinner. Need some guidance. Must be near Poly (kids will be at Neverland Club and we'd like to be not too far away.) We're already doing V&A's in December. For dress, we'd like it to be "vacation dressy." Not too dressy, but not flip-flops and ball caps either. Either romantic or fun is fine. Honestly, Cali Grill is the first thing that comes to mind, but since it isn't open..what's the next best thing?

Right now I'm looking at

Narcoosee's
Citricos
Spirit of Aloha
Kona

I also thought about just getting sushi and drinks and then sneaking off to MK to get on rides kid-free. One of our kids is pretty little though, so we may not have the whole night to spare.

Is there anything I'm missing in the MK area? I sure can't wait for CG to open back up. It is my absolute favorite meal at WDW (but I've never been to Citricos or Narcoosee's.)

Thanks in advance!

VP
December 2005 Pop Century, VWL, Swan, December 2007 Coronado Springs, Fort Wilderness December 2010 Fort Wilderness, October 2012 AKV Kidani, June 2013 Caribbean Beach, July 2013 Polynesian August 2013 Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room September 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas, POR-AB October 2013 MNSSHP/F&W Fort Wilderness December 2013 Villas at Wilderness Lodge

Last edited by Violet Parr; 06-21-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Violet Parr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:26 AM   #2
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I like Citricos a lot better than Ca Grill. While the menu is not as extensive (and doesn't have the great sushi), the dishes here are quite good. The restaurant itself isn't exciting but the service has always beeng good and the entrees especially are top notch.

Narcoosees ranks in the bottom of my signature dining preferences. While I'm a huge fish eater (love both bluezoo and Flying Fish)and I love the setting at Narcoosees, the food, atmsophere and service have been underwhelming.

I have dined at both several times, the most recent visits were both in 2012.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #3
Violet Parr
DIS Veteran

Hmm, I suppose we could switch to a different kids club (although I was looking forward to the convenience of leaving MK, getting the kids ready in the room and then walking them over to Neverland) and then book another restaurant? If that's the right way to go, I'd then consider:

Monsieur Paul
Yachtsman
Jiko

I'd love to stick with the original plan, but the more I think about it, the more I'm realizing that a 15th anniversary and 40th birthday are kind of a big deal and I would like for this to be special.

DH is no help, as it all sounds great to him and he just wants me to have the best time ever, so he wants whatever I want.

Gah, decisions.

VP
December 2005 Pop Century, VWL, Swan, December 2007 Coronado Springs, Fort Wilderness December 2010 Fort Wilderness, October 2012 AKV Kidani, June 2013 Caribbean Beach, July 2013 Polynesian August 2013 Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room September 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas, POR-AB October 2013 MNSSHP/F&W Fort Wilderness December 2013 Villas at Wilderness Lodge
Violet Parr is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: