Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2013, 03:00 PM   #1
rustyanchor
Mouseketeer

Pin Code/Discount Question

i have a pin code for 2014 discounts that expires tomorrow (1/5-3/2, 3/16-4/12, 35% off deluxe/30% off mod/25% off value). what i am wondering is, if i don't book now, is this code likely to become available to the general public eventually? we are planning on staying a few nights after our cruise in february but still haven't decided what resort we want to stay at or even the exact length of our stay, and i'm really not ready to book yet. what do y'all think?
Old 07-27-2013, 03:42 PM   #2
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyanchor View Post
i have a pin code for 2014 discounts that expires tomorrow (1/5-3/2, 3/16-4/12, 35% off deluxe/30% off mod/25% off value). what i am wondering is, if i don't book now, is this code likely to become available to the general public eventually? we are planning on staying a few nights after our cruise in february but still haven't decided what resort we want to stay at or even the exact length of our stay, and i'm really not ready to book yet. what do y'all think?
The public offers do mirror the pins, sometimes having fewer dates.

If you know you'll be going I'd personally book a few nights so I could get the discount and then switch it around as it got closer. You'd still be able to adjust your resort and dates if needed with a little help from GS.
Register to remove

Old 07-27-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
NHDisneyFan
Mouseketeer

My pin for these dates was 20% off Moderates. Oh we'll, booked POR for late Feb.
WBC 2/11 and 2/13
POR 2/14
NHDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:48 PM   #4
rustyanchor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
The public offers do mirror the pins, sometimes having fewer dates.

If you know you'll be going I'd personally book a few nights so I could get the discount and then switch it around as it got closer. You'd still be able to adjust your resort and dates if needed with a little help from GS.
thanks for the reply! do you know if that would still lock in a discount for me if i booked a mod & then later wanted to switch to a deluxe, or vice-versa (since the discount percentage would change)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDisneyFan View Post
My pin for these dates was 20% off Moderates. Oh we'll, booked POR for late Feb.
really?? that stinks, i'm sorry!
Old 07-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #5
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

BOOK! Yes, IF there is availability still left, you will be able to make changes to different resorts, change days, etc. (sometimes certain resorts book up with pin codes, they only have a certain amount of rooms blocked for that pin) Book now, change later...there's just no knowing what the public offers will be and if you are lucky enough to get a pin, you should jump on it.

You can always cancel it or use a better/different offer too, but this way you will have at least locked in the pin code before it expires.
Twoboysnmygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 05:01 PM   #6
NHDisneyFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyanchor View Post
thanks for the reply! do you know if that would still lock in a discount for me if i booked a mod & then later wanted to switch to a deluxe, or vice-versa (since the discount percentage would change)?

really?? that stinks, i'm sorry!
Just checked my wife's email, she had a different pin offer and had no idea what a pin code offer was. Hers was for Adult dining at kids price. The 20% seems to be a better deal.
WBC 2/11 and 2/13
POR 2/14
NHDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: