Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 06:29 AM   #1
Alexsandra
Proud mom of two redheads

Fiji vs tokelau for GV

Pros and cons of each. Personal experiences and pictures welcome!

I've narrowed it down to two long houses.
Which to choose?

Info about us:
Anniversary trip (no kids this time)
Garden view room
Think I prefer top floor as ground floor lacks privacy and light.
Looking for nice view and convenience.
Alexsandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:42 AM   #2
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

This was our GV room 2912 view in Tokelau in Sept 2012, it was lovely for a GV. We like Tokelau because it is sooo easy to walk back and forth from the TTC.

The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2013, 08:32 AM   #3
Alexsandra

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
This was our GV room 2912 view in Tokelau in Sept 2012, it was lovely for a GV. We like Tokelau because it is sooo easy to walk back and forth from the TTC.

Wow, beautiful!
Thanks for posting a pic. It really helps in the choosing process.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:03 PM   #4
Alexsandra

Ok I found tons of pics of the rooms on the poly picture thread. I love Fiji third floor rooms facing marina but I am scared about getting a secon floor room without balcony and I am concerned about being so far from TTC. Tokelau seems like a better location( more central) but not as romantic as Fiji. Which should I pick.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:45 PM   #5
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexsandra View Post
Ok I found tons of pics of the rooms on the poly picture thread. I love Fiji third floor rooms facing marina but I am scared about getting a secon floor room without balcony and I am concerned about being so far from TTC. Tokelau seems like a better location( more central) but not as romantic as Fiji. Which should I pick.
My DH and I love staying in Fiji marina view, we have stayed at that exact location 3 years now. We have never stayed in Tokelau so can't help much with that. I will say, we have walked from the TTC to our longhouse and the walk was not bad at all!! We like Fiji because it's right next to the main building, it's also close to the dock where the boat from MK drops off and picks up. Good luck deciding, you can't wrong with either.
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:39 AM   #6
Alexsandra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post

My DH and I love staying in Fiji marina view, we have stayed at that exact location 3 years now. We have never stayed in Tokelau so can't help much with that. I will say, we have walked from the TTC to our longhouse and the walk was not bad at all!! We like Fiji because it's right next to the main building, it's also close to the dock where the boat from MK drops off and picks up. Good luck deciding, you can't wrong with either.
How far of a walk is TTC from Fiji? Also wondering if the noise from the luau can be heard and is bothersome. I did not know about the boat dock. That is pretty cool.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #7
DznyCrzy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexsandra

How far of a walk is TTC from Fiji? Also wondering if the noise from the luau can be heard and is bothersome. I did not know about the boat dock. That is pretty cool.
It's not far at all. We always walk through the GCH. From there I would say it took us 5-10 minutes. The noise from the luau did not bother us and was barely noticeable.
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

Old 06-13-2013, 05:18 PM   #8
Alexsandra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post

It's not far at all. We always walk through the GCH. From there I would say it took us 5-10 minutes. The noise from the luau did not bother us and was barely noticeable.
Thank you so much for your input. Can't believe those views are GV!
I will ask for Fiji third floor marina side. Fingers crossed.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:23 PM   #9
peteykirch
Mouseketeer

You can't go wrong with Tokelau. The rooms are slightly bigger, the 2nd and 3rd floors all have balconies. You're pretty much equidistant to everything on the grounds.
peteykirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #10
Alexsandra

Do you think I should put both locations in my request? I can figure out if I prefer convenience over the view!?
Old 06-13-2013, 10:17 PM   #11
kirby428
Mousejunkie Wannabe

Quote:
Do you think I should put both locations in my request? I can figure out if I prefer convenience over the view!?
It is the Polynesian! No bad views anywhere so go for convenience. Pick based on your park preference: MK stay close to the motor launch pier (best option for returns from MK after closing when monorails are jam packed. EPCOT shoot for closer to the TTC to reduce the walking distance UNLESS you enjoy the enchantment of a night stroll in a tropical garden setting then go for AOTEAROA.

kirby428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #12
Alexsandra

I finally requested Fiji, third floor, marina side and as my second choice, Tokelau 2nd or 3rd floor.
But I just read on tikiman that these location do not have king beds. Since we are only two, I am wondering if they will stick me in another longhouse that has king beds.
Now I a debating if I should have asked for Samoa, since it has king beds?!
Old 06-19-2013, 11:13 PM   #13
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Tokelau! All floors have balconies, request beach end. We could see the castle if we looked to the right off our balcony, dead on we faced Hawaii. We walked out the beach end exit to go to beach and Volcano pool. Other end to get to TTC or GCH. I felt it was pretty centrally located.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #14
flamark
Mouseketeer

Just did a quick search and read on another board(can't vouch for its accuracy and have never seen or heard of that board before) that Fiji is among those that are having some King beds installed as well. I won't mention which forum but if you google "does the Polynesian have any king beds" it will be the 3rd or 4th listing.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:10 PM   #15
DznyCrzy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamark
Just did a quick search and read on another board(can't vouch for its accuracy and have never seen or heard of that board before) that Fiji is among those that are having some King beds installed as well. I won't mention which forum but if you google "does the Polynesian have any king beds" it will be the 3rd or 4th listing.
Tikiman also posted on his FB that there would have some king bed rooms on the 1st and 3rd floors in Fiji.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: