Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2013, 07:55 PM   #16
jstarsho
Earning My Ears

YEAH!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you and jealous at the same time! Of corse I'm in on this trip(life) report.
jstarsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:35 PM   #17
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessM View Post
Yay! That's so exciting you are moving to FL! I don't know if I would ever be able to take that plunge (fellow New Englander here!) but I would love to be able to go to Disney whenever I wanted!
Hello fellow New Englander! Thank you for joining on in!
It really is exciting! Going to Disney whenever IS GOING TO BE SO AWESOME OMG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
wow Meg - that is very exciting. Glad you and your mom are getting to do something you always wanted to

best of luck with the move and finding schools, jobs, etc. .... you know, the usually thing everyone does in a months time
We are very excited!
Thank you!
Yeah, we do these kinds of things every month. It’s no big deal at all (;

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyLovesDisney View Post
Definitely in! So excited to read!

@solonglibby from twitter!!!
Welcome!!!! (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericaaalynn View Post
I've read both of your others and I'm excited to read this one! It's soo awesome that you're moving there!
Thanks for reading my others and I am happy to have you here!
Oh yes! I am so happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylizard View Post
Best of luck with your move! I used to live in Orlando and do miss being able to go to the parks whenever I wanted to. Thanksfully I'm only an 8 hour drive away now. I don't think I could handle a 24 hour drive
Thank you!
Yeah we have done the 24 hour drive before so it will be horrible, once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyLover View Post
OMG!! so happy for you!! Sounds sooo exciting and I'm glad you are documenting it all for us to live vicariously through you! Glad you didn't change your plans in August!!!
Thanks!
Seriously, this TR will last forever. No joke. I mean, I would miss not doing TRs for trips and I want to document our days at Disney so here ya go!
Me too! We will still be there and everything! And then I start school in FL like two days later but WHATEVS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8Luv4Disney View Post
Subscribing!! Can't wait to read all about ALL of your trips!
Yay!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
wait ..... WHAT ??? Wow - that is crazy !! So happy for you !! Maybe you guys can come over and see us at Beach Club whne we come down in September. Would love to meet you guys. You should ask Kathy is she can get you a job with the Dis. An internship or something. Wow, that is sooo exciting, Can't wait to hear about it all.

Susan
Yeah… shocker, right?!
OMG OF COURSE! We will have to meet up! When are you going to be there?
I came up with the idea of a teen correspondent (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstarsho View Post
YEAH!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you and jealous at the same time! Of course I'm in on this trip(life) report.
Happy to have you here!
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2013, 07:48 AM   #18
LifeIsDis

The PTR!

I can imagine many of you are thinking “When did all of this happen?!” Yeah, I know. For those of you who followed moi on my last TR, I know I said nothing and kind of rushed the end (even though it took 7 months…) because I wanted it done just in case all of this happened. Seriously, we have been going nuts over just the past month deciding what we are going to do. We haven’t been planning everything for more than a few weeks.

So, I am going to do kind of a PTR for right now since nothing has happened yet. But next weekend is going to be ridiculous and hey I forgot to mention. We are going to Walt Disney World next weekend, but we will get more into that in a moment.

Like I have said (or at least I think I have), we have always been dreaming of moving to the Sunshine State. It’s just something we always wanted to do. And then Mum saw that her company she works for her is going to be opening a new building down in Florida and applied for two jobs there.

About 2-3 weeks later, Mum got a letter in the mail for a package to leave the company she works for.

And that is what pretty much caused us to say “hey let’s move to Florida!”

And let me tell you dudes and dudettes something. Mum NEVER gets a package to leave because of her job position. So this was kind of a surprise and she wasn’t even supposed to get a package in the first place! Mum ended up taking the package at the very last minute and she was freaking out. So was I.

So then the craziness began.

We tried to keep everything on the DL (not Disneyland) and I was pretty much dying every day cause um, hello, FLORIDA.

Mum has been going crazy trying to find a job in Florida and so far, three places (I think) have not wanted her. I mean, one of them offered an interview, but you had to start in the next two weeks and that is not possible at all. She has been thinking about getting a temp job (if she can’t get anything), but you actually have to live there first so we have to wait on that.
Mum still hadn’t decided on whether or not she was going to take the package… Oh, and she had 3 weeks to make up her mind.

We had a realtor come out. Our best bet would be to rent the place we leave in now because there is no way we can sell it. So that is the next step…

During all of this, we have been looking at schools for moi and places to live. As far as schools go, some of them have courses I would love to take including photography! Plus at one of them, THEIR MASCOT IS THE WILDCATS LIKE OMG. I WANT TO BE A WILDCAT. Ex-HSM fan over here!

Anyways…

As far as houses go, we have found some great ones and we have a realtor in Florida that is very honest, which is great. She is actually the second FL realtor we have had and this one is MUCH better. The other one was a poop and never wrote Mum back or anything and she gave us false information. Lovely, I know.

Our new realtor—and her name is Stacy!!!!!!!!—has checked out different areas for us and is very honest about her opinion on them and makes sure what we will best for us.

If you are wondering, we will be about 30 minutes north of Orlando. The Orange County school system isn't the greatest so we really didn’t want to live there because of moi. If it wasn’t for school, we would be closer, but a half hour is totally fine for me, and for mum.

And that leads us into our next part about when the crap we are going to go down to check out homes and such.

June 30th. 8 days from now. I mean, it stinks because that is the weekend of the New England DISmeet and we will miss Sunday’s events BUT WE ARE MOVING TO FLORIDA SO ITS ALL GOOD.

We leave at 8am on the 30th and get to MCO at 10:45. We have a rental car and we just need to figure out hotel and all of that. We know someone that has a condo in Florida and we might stay there, but not sure yet. And then we have no house showings on the 30th so that means DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And then we are going back to Disney on the 2nd before our flight because it’s not until 9PM. WHAT WHAT. We are looking at houses all day on the 1st, so that will take up most of the day. But, since I REALLY want to see the July 4th fireworks that are lasting for a week (Limited Time Magic, dudes), we just MIGHT go that night to see them. SO DISNEY FOR MAYBE THREE DAYS!!!! AHHHHHHH. We are getting good use out of that AP, I have to say.

That is pretty much it for the PTR. The next chapter will be about next weekend, so just be patient!!!!

Now I will go pack some more.

And I just wanted to mention, you can follow moi on Twitter and Instagram for live updates, if you'd like.
Twitter: @lifedis (just send a request!)
Instagram: jacksallydis

That's all for now!

PEACE OUT!
Old 06-22-2013, 09:31 AM   #19
LibbyLovesDisney
A most peculiar madmoiselle

I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR YOU.

I mean who doesn't want to LIVE in Florida?!? I know I sure as heck do!
The never ending trip report of happiness. :D
Make sure you ask the realtor where the closest chick-fil-a is! THAT IS OF THE UTMOST IMPORTANCE. <3

ugh, I'm super jealous. Disney Disney Disney.

In Progress!
"Charge It To The Room! - I'm NOT Drunk!" WDW Vacation 2013!
Completed!
"OHMYGOSH! I'M SOAKED!" Walt Disney World Vacation 2012!

LibbyLovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:40 AM   #20
leopardmickeyears
The Lost Princess

And now I can't believe that during a trip to FL for a kinda important task of house hunting...you are just gonna go to Disney. Ok. #priorities

LOL
leopardmickeyears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #21
leopardmickeyears
The Lost Princess

Quote:
Disney Disney Disney.
My brain, all day evr day.
leopardmickeyears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #22
jecskc
DIS Veteran

We will be there Aug 30-Sept. 4. Would love to see you !!

I think teenage correspondent is a fabulous idea !!

This is all so exciting. You HAVE to be thinking that this all happened for a reason. Your mother is so brave to do this. I am sure you are helping as best you can, but I bet she is super stressed. I know I would be.

Take lots of photos with your new camera while you are there !!

I can't wait to read what happens next.

Susan
jecskc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:33 PM   #23
LifeIsDis

Quote:
I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR YOU.
I mean who doesn't want to LIVE in Florida?!? I know I sure as heck do!
The never ending trip report of happiness. :D
Make sure you ask the realtor where the closest chick-fil-a is! THAT IS OF THE UTMOST IMPORTANCE. <3
ugh, I'm super jealous. Disney Disney Disney.
EEE THANK YOU!
Living in FL is going to be the best thing that has ever happened to moi. Literally.
SO MUCH HAPPINESS!
Greatest idea ever! I will have to ask her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardmickeyears View Post
And now I can't believe that during a trip to FL for a kinda important task of house hunting...you are just gonna go to Disney. Ok. #priorities

LOL
DUDE. DISNEY WORLD IS RIGHT THERE. It does seem ridiculous, I know. BUT DISNEY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardmickeyears View Post
My brain, all day evr day.
Same here, same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
We will be there Aug 30-Sept. 4. Would love to see you !!

I will let you know when it gets closer if we can come! I’m sure we will be able to!

I think teenage correspondent is a fabulous idea !!

Right?!

This is all so exciting. You HAVE to be thinking that this all happened for a reason. Your mother is so brave to do this. I am sure you are helping as best you can, but I bet she is super stressed. I know I would be.

We are both very stressed trying to get everything done in such a short amount of time. It is very exciting, but crazy.

Take lots of photos with your new camera while you are there !!

OF COURSE I WILL!

I can't wait to read what happens next.

Susan
The DISmeet will be next!
Old 06-23-2013, 03:57 PM   #24
iluvdoombuggies
Mouseketeer

I can't believe you guys are moving to Florida. My cousin lives in Tampa and she loves it. She is not a Disney freak, so I think that is a total waste and I should live there. Congratulations!!!!!! Have fun house hunting!!!!!

'77 Off-Site 10/97 Dixie Landings 8/98 Poly/ASM 8/01 Off-Site 9/06 Pop 1/07 AS Sports 10/07 AKL 6/11 POR

iluvdoombuggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:46 PM   #25
Godot
~Elite~

If this trip report ever ends, it'll be the most blatant case of fraudulent advertising since The Neverending Story. :P

For some reason I am looking forward to hearing the trials and tribulations of being a long distance landlord. At least you won't have to deal with any crazy tenants face to face!
Old 06-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #26
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Oh my Meg! How scary, exciting, fabulous all at the same time!!! I'm looking forward to hearing how this works out for you and your mom!!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:19 PM   #27
LifeIsDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdoombuggies View Post
I can't believe you guys are moving to Florida. My cousin lives in Tampa and she loves it. She is not a Disney freak, so I think that is a total waste and I should live there. Congratulations!!!!!! Have fun house hunting!!!!!
It’s crazy, I know.
It is a total waste to live in FL if you don’t go to Disney and/or love Disney! Like no.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godot View Post
If this trip report ever ends, it'll be the most blatant case of fraudulent advertising since The Neverending Story. :P

For some reason I am looking forward to hearing the trials and tribulations of being a long distance landlord. At least you won't have to deal with any crazy tenants face to face!
IT WON’T. PROMISE.
It should be interesting, to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Oh my Meg! How scary, exciting, fabulous all at the same time!!! I'm looking forward to hearing how this works out for you and your mom!!
Tell moi about it!
I hope everything works out (: thanks!
Old 06-26-2013, 05:53 AM   #28
eeyore4376
Thanks for noticing me...

Totally in for your neverending trip report! It is so exciting Meg! Best of luck to you and your mum on your new life in Florida

1977 WDW 1992 Contemporary2005 Off Site4/2012 All Star Music12/2012 All Star Movies12/2012 DVC Member SSR
4/2013 Port Orleans French Quarter 8/2013 Saratoga Springs10/2013 Saratoga Springs8/2014 Saratoga Springs
Thanks for Noticing me!
eeyore4376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:29 PM   #29
LifeIsDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore4376 View Post
Totally in for your neverending trip report! It is so exciting Meg! Best of luck to you and your mum on your new life in Florida
Awesome!
Thank you so much!
Old 06-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #30
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

What a great opportunity! I hope your mom finds something great quickly and you all have a wonderful time getting settled in your new home.

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: