Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 09:58 PM   #1351
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMickeyMouse View Post
Thanks. We are in such shock! I need something to look forward to. Normally, I book our annual WDW trip in January, when I am sick of winter, but I am ready to book already!
I know what you mean about shock and needing to look forward to something. I lost both my parents 15 years ago within a month of each other 4 months after my youngest was born. I can relate to what you are going through. Any questions just ask. I am sure we all want to help you have a truly magical trip. Any way I can help just holler.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:38 PM   #1352
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just lost my Mom on Friday. She was healthy and active, but had a massive stroke 3 weeks ago, and never woke up from a coma. I want to plan a WDW trip for my DH and 2 boys, and my dad (the world's biggest Mickey fan). It will give Dad something to look forward to. On our last stay at the Poly, we stayed club level in the Hawaii building. Best location, and perfect view of the castle and the fireworks.

So here is my question for all of you. I am trying to decide if I should get 2 theme park view rooms in the Hawaii building (I think 5 of us in a room may be too close), or if I should get a 1 bedroom suite. I am guessing that the sofa bed would be in a different room, so it wouldn't feel so tight, and would give my Dad a little privacy for sleeping. It would be cheaper than the 2 rooms, but I would like to know if we could see the castle and fireworks. Anyone stay in a 1 bedroom suite that can help? Can we see the castle and fireworks? That is our favorite thing about staying at the Poly. Thanks for your help!!!
I am so sorry about the loss of your mom .

I agree with the pp that I would go with two CL TPV rooms. With those rooms you are guaranteed the view you want and there's plenty of room with privacy for your dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkeliza View Post
Just wondering if our room isn't ready when I check in would the front desk be willing to send some gifts up to the room when it is? I'm checking in for my group while they will still be at the airport so the plan is for me to buy some goodies and create our own Welcome package since we are adults and have favorite characters that aren't included in the standard package. If they can't put it in the room will they at least be able to hold it for us while we are at the parks?
I'm not sure if they will put gifts in the room without someone there, but they should be able to hold them until you return from the parks. Hopefully someone will be able to give more information .

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
I know what you mean about shock and needing to look forward to something. I lost both my parents 15 years ago within a month of each other 4 months after my youngest was born. I can relate to what you are going through.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2013, 10:52 PM   #1353
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We will be there at the same time. It would be cool to all get together for a short Dis meet either at Tambu if you want a drink or Kona if you want to do non alcoholic.
We will be there 1st - 5th! Then we are off to the BC for the 2nd half!

me miss J my little princess (2)
Old 07-28-2013, 10:53 PM   #1354
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post

Yeah, being on a large cruise ship will definitely be different, especially if it's a newer ship like the Dream or Fantasy . I am so excited about trying Poly CL. We've been to Disney twice in December (stayed at BC and GF), but I have seen pics of the Poly lounge all decorated and I can't wait to see it in person as it looks gorgeous .....and then to check out the view from the lounge.....I've heard there's nothing like it .
I would love to hear about your cruise! I have never been on one but am very intrigued by DCL...

Old 07-28-2013, 11:00 PM   #1355
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCAnna View Post

Thanks Katie!!! I thought so...but that definitely makes me feel better. We'd make it work regardless, but using the fridge is certainly much easier.
If not, they have some available for folks that need to keep medicine cold, just let them know and they will make sure you have what you need. :

Old 07-28-2013, 11:02 PM   #1356
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It's not only the views that make Club level special but the whole feel of Club Level. Not sure how to describe it but you are , you are made by the CM's to feel special, the lounge, kinda just everything. It is a much different experience than a standard room.

That said if you want to be close to your parents then I would ask for adjoining or connecting rooms. Otherwise you might well end up in different buildings especially if the ressies are in two different names.

Even if you have the deluxe dining plan you could downgrade it to where you have one sit down and one counter service. Downgrading it could help with the difference between a regular room and club level. Unless you really really want to do all the breakfasts out that might be an idea, We never cared for having to be up and out at an exact time so we have rarely ever done breakfasts.

Buildings depend on what you want to be close to. The pool, the GCH, the TTC. I have heard that Tahiti is a nice building but I have heard others are too. Best thing is decide where about you want to be then we can better direct you on a building.
The other great thing about CL is the extra space! We go there while DD is napping and bring the monitor, since we always ask for a room close to the club. It's so nice to be able to chat and enjoy a beverage instead of tiptoeing around the room.

Old 07-28-2013, 11:22 PM   #1357
karriealex

Thank you for the hug mickeynut1. It was a rough time but my wonderful dh and kids helped me to get through it.

BringingUpDisney if you want to get together while we are both there give me a yell and we can set something up. I would love to meet the people who have helped to make our trip extra special.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:07 AM   #1358
karriealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringingUpDisney View Post
If not, they have some available for folks that need to keep medicine cold, just let them know and they will make sure you have what you need. :
I know this to be true because when my boys were younger they were on growth hormones and it was imperative that it be kept cold. Disney never failed me and always had a fridge for us.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:22 AM   #1359
TJA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwdeb View Post
we were there from 12 July -23 July.
wonderful stay. great room- 1st floor lagoon view with view of castle.
Rooms are beautiful Cast members fantastic. lounge welcoming and food great.
We are DVC members, but Polynesian is our favorite resort, this being one of many visits there. If rumors are true, will not be there again until construction is done(quite a while).
No complaints whatsoever with anything except with other guests...
To the boy in the lounge who put 10 croissants on plate his at breakfast, then threw some away; Really? And to his parents: Are ya kidding me?
And to the parent of the 3 year old with digestive issues that closed the volcano pool while she wasn't looking; swim diapers, please? And yes I am a parent of a now grown up daughter, but one who wore swim diapers, waterproof pants, etc in the pool-
To the guy next to us who was litigating on his cell phone outside his room on a Monday morning: I am sure you are successful, and I am duly impressed but keep it to yourself, please.
I say this in part with humor, however, I don't understand why people are so clueless and think because they are in Disney, rules and manners don't apply to them.

Any questions, ask away. Flame away too, if you need to.!
Deb
May I ask what your room number was? We also had a patio but TPV even though it seemed more like lagoon view. We experienced very badly behaved children in the lounge too.....the chef was doing his best to help a toddler get food every 10 minutes....otherwise we loved everything about our stay in Hawaii!
2006 ~ YC & BC
2007 ~ Poly & BC & CR
2008 ~ POR & WL & BC
2009 ~ CBR & BC CL
2010 ~ Poly & CR / BC CL
2011 ~ BC CL & Poly CL
2012 ~ WL & BC CL / CR CL
2013 ~ BC CL & Poly CL & WL CL
2014 ~ Poly CL TPV & BC CL, Poly CL TPV again
Old 07-29-2013, 05:34 AM   #1360
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just lost my Mom on Friday. She was healthy and active, but had a massive stroke 3 weeks ago, and never woke up from a coma. I want to plan a WDW trip for my DH and 2 boys, and my dad (the world's biggest Mickey fan). It will give Dad something to look forward to. On our last stay at the Poly, we stayed club level in the Hawaii building. Best location, and perfect view of the castle and the fireworks.

So here is my question for all of you. I am trying to decide if I should get 2 theme park view rooms in the Hawaii building (I think 5 of us in a room may be too close), or if I should get a 1 bedroom suite. I am guessing that the sofa bed would be in a different room, so it wouldn't feel so tight, and would give my Dad a little privacy for sleeping. It would be cheaper than the 2 rooms, but I would like to know if we could see the castle and fireworks. Anyone stay in a 1 bedroom suite that can help? Can we see the castle and fireworks? That is our favorite thing about staying at the Poly. Thanks for your help!!!
Oh honey I'm so sorry! I lost my dad unexpectedly back in 99 so I understand how it feels! Hugs & pixie dust for you & your family.

Like another poster mentioned if the MK view is important than you need to be in the Hawaii building since Tonga( where club level suites are) doesn't have MK views.

Maybe Sept will be a good time to go with the free dining discount?

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 07-29-2013, 07:22 AM   #1361
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Planning a trip sure is a good way to get through this tough time.

As for the 2 room idea. You could do one TPV and one GV and request them to be across from each other. Dad could easily hang out with you for view and at night retire to his own space. I did this at WL once with my inlaws. The kids loved going across the hall (kids like the darnedest things).

Good view and space with saving of $$$.

I did GV in April and TPV in may. I spent time in lounge with GV but more time in room with TPV. But! Both were great trips
Old 07-29-2013, 07:22 AM   #1362
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would love to hear about your cruise! I have never been on one but am very intrigued by DCL...
My DH and I have cruised in the past, but not DCL, so this December will be our first Disney cruise . Looking at pics of the ship and reading about all the shows and great restaurants on board, I am getting really excited. I will definitely post a report after our trip .

Quote:
The other great thing about CL is the extra space!
This is the main reason we stay CL. I love having the lounge for a place to relax other than in the room or around the resort. I am usually the first one up in the morning, so I like to head to the lounge and have my coffee while everyone else is getting up and ready .

Quote:
Thank you for the hug mickeynut1. It was a rough time but my wonderful dh and kids helped me to get through it.
Glad you had them to lean on during such a difficult time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJA View Post
We experienced very badly behaved children in the lounge too.....
Unfortunately, I think this happens in all CL lounges . My last CL stay was GF RPC and kids were barefoot running around the lounge and jumping all over the couches with no adult in sight to take control of the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
I lost my dad unexpectedly back in 99 so I understand how it feels!

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 07-29-2013, 07:38 AM   #1363
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

I will never forget our first night at Poly CL, this family had 3 little boys and one had bitten his bro, the mom was sitting at a table, the dad was getting food and the mom proceeds to yell across the lounge for the dad to come do something to the child that did the biting. Dad walks over and starts yelling for him to apologize, little boy refuses, dad keeps threatening to take him back to room, while the son refused for a good 5 or 6 min finally little boy says he will but then refuses to so there goes the arguing again, finally about 10 min later dad carrys the boy kicking and screaming out the lounge. (this took a total of about 15 min atleast) Mom turns to the other two boys and says Oh Oh dad is gonna be mad, he didnt get to drink his beer!!
I was in shock, we all know kids dont always behave for whatever reason, tired, whatever but the family was so loud, acting like they were alone in the crowded lounge and let it go on for so long! I was sitting two tables down staring at the mom with my mouth open b/c I was in shock! My husband had to reach over and shut my mouth and tell me that i was being rude staring!

LOL I think thats the only issue Ive ever seen in the lounge is ppl who let the kids run wild, put their hands on the food. I did see CMs several times ick up plates off the buffett after kids have had their hands all in it, which is a shame b/c that food was thrown away!
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 07-29-2013, 07:40 AM   #1364
princessap
DIS Veteran

I just cannot get it out of my head to not book here for 2014....LOL!

Hope everyone going soon has a great time!
Old 07-29-2013, 07:43 AM   #1365
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Sooo torn...looked at youtube videos for Beach Club and DD12 says "let's try here since we are closer to Epcot and we have stayed at the Poly" i'm starting to think im the only one set on the March trip to the Poly. My brother not thrilled about the price! So then im thinking if construction is bad, they are going to kill me! haven't been to the Poly since 2009, so i guess waiting until the major construction is done isn't too terrible. what to do...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: