Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 07:38 AM   #1021
wmoon
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfun67 View Post
Does anybody know who the poly shares a bus with?
We were there at the start of the month and most buses shared with the contemporary, they stopped there first on the way back from everywhere. Grand Floridian was sharing buses with the wilderness lodge.

As I said before I found the buses fine. We were at the poly for 18 days so we used them quite a bit. Downtown Disney was the only place where the buses were annoying but even then it wasn't the end of the world. We went to Dtd one night after dinner at the yachtsman and that bus was horrendous...
Old 07-22-2013, 07:39 AM   #1022
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napria View Post
Tipping is a forbidden topic? I didn't know this. We usually camp in our RV anywhere we go, so when we went to the Poly last week, we were absolutely at a loss as to when/how much to tip. It would have been useful to have seen some posts on the Disboards to remind and prepare me. Why is it a forbidden topic?
It quickly becomes a very heated topic with people disagreeing the various amounts or percentages to tip. It's a very subjective issue. It ALWAYS leads to trouble.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2013, 08:01 AM   #1023
Napria
It really *is* the Happiest Place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
It quickly becomes a very heated topic with people disagreeing the various amounts or percentages to tip. It's a very subjective issue. It ALWAYS leads to trouble.
Thanks.

And I like your Starbucks cheerleaders in your siggy

Polynesian July 2013 Ft. Wilderness May 2012 Off property March 2012 Ft. Wilderness June 2011 Ft. Wilderness June 2009 Ocala Camping April 2008 Ft. Wilderness January 2007 Tropical Palms RV Resort December 2004 Animal Kingdom Lodge & Beach Club Villas December 2003 Wilderness Lodge Villas December 2002 Boardwalk Villas December 2001 Ft. Wilderness February 1981
Old 07-22-2013, 08:33 AM   #1024
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmoon View Post
We were there at the start of the month and most buses shared with the contemporary, they stopped there first on the way back from everywhere. Grand Floridian was sharing buses with the wilderness lodge.

As I said before I found the buses fine. We were at the poly for 18 days so we used them quite a bit. Downtown Disney was the only place where the buses were annoying but even then it wasn't the end of the world. We went to Dtd one night after dinner at the yachtsman and that bus was horrendous...
That's better than it was when I last stayed on the MK resort loop! When we stayed in 2008 the buses went from CR, to Poly, to GF and then to the designated park. It was funny because we did a split stay and started the trip at GF and ended at CR and there was quite a difference between being the first stop and the last stop. From what I recall, the DTD buses also sometimes included WL and Fort Wilderness I know this is probably going to sound snobby, but if I'm paying that much more for my resort and the convenience of the location, I don't want the same bus hassles I have when I stay at a mod or value.
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 07-22-2013, 08:35 AM   #1025
Dizneefamily+4
Wish I could live in Cinderella's Castle!

We've officially hit single digits! 9 days and counting!!!
'10 - POR/WL
Aug. '11 - POLY
Aug. '12 - POFQ
Aug. '13 - POLY
Old 07-22-2013, 08:37 AM   #1026
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napria View Post
Thanks.

And I like your Starbucks cheerleaders in your siggy
Thanks I have a mild Starbucks addiction.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Old 07-22-2013, 08:38 AM   #1027
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneefamily+4 View Post
We've officially hit single digits! 9 days and counting!!!

Old 07-22-2013, 08:44 AM   #1028
Tikiman
He kuikawa ka 'ikena o kela wahi ho'oku ka'a e waiho kala'e ihola ma 'o!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismom3 View Post
Checking in on Wednesday!! Can't wait!!!!! Going with parents and in-laws (should make for an interesting trip!) Their first time at Poly (and both are celebrating 50th and 52nd anniversaries) so wanted to make it special. Does anyone know if they have connecting rooms in Samoa or Tokelau? I would need our room in the center and have each grandparent connecting on either side of us (need to keep everything even!!!)
All buildings have connecting rooms but if I remember the construction maps correctly, I think Tahiti has some rooms that connect on both sides. I have not done my Tahiti maps showing the connecting rooms yet so I will have to check to see if any do and what rooms they are. I will check Tokelau also but I don't think it does. I know Samoa does not have double connecting rooms.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #1029
Tikiman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyChest View Post
Anyone have in depth pics of the new rooms or any video up on youtube? Ive seen a few pics on tikimans website and a couple here and there but nothing in depth. Im one that constantly looks at the walkthroughs and things of the resorts on youtube in preperation for my nexttrip and to get excited.
I posted a walkthrough of my room from May on my Facebook page. I have not updated my site yet beause it is being replaced.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:51 AM   #1030
angbuz
Mouseketeer

30 days!!!! I think I'll start packing....LOL!

August 2010 - BC
August 2013 - POLY :
Old 07-22-2013, 08:53 AM   #1031
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikiman View Post

I posted a walkthrough of my room from May on my Facebook page. I have not updated my site yet beause it is being replaced.
Replaced??? Pls let us know all the info I LOVE your site!!

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 07-22-2013, 08:55 AM   #1032
Tikiman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksmom View Post
Hi! Quick question for dh RE: our upcoming stay! I heard that he can use the hot tub at the GF Spa? Correct?? Will be staying in Hawaii and wondering best/quickest way and how long to get there? We both run, so thinking early am run? Also, are there other things like sauna, work out equipt and showers available?? TIA for any info!
The fitness center at the GF Spa is actually listed as the fitness center for the Polynesian. Since it is located in between the two resorts it is actually as close to the Polynesian as it is the GF. The rooms in Aotearoa are actually closer than the GF rooms. The walk from Hawaii was about 5 minutes so a jog would be quicker. You will need resort ID but there is a weight room up front with all the exercise equipment and then down the hall is a sitting room that goes into the bathroom/ shower/ sauna/ hot tub area but there is a menís and a womanís separately. I think I remember some fresh fruit and waters available in the sitting room that enters the bathroom. There is no charge for use of this.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:59 AM   #1033
Tikiman

Quote:
Originally Posted by srr1933 View Post
I just changed my reservation from OKW to the Poly for the first week of Feb. Can anyone tell me about the door locks on the Poly doors? I have an escape artist 3yo and I'm concerned he'll just open the door and go when he pleases. Do they have locks high up on the doors?

Also, does anyone know about the weather in Feb? I hope I chose a good time. Will the kids be able to swim in Feb? I'm mainly looking for cool days and low crowds at the parks but swimming would be good too!

Thanks,
Sandy
There are locks up high on both the sliding glass door and the main door to the room. Often people donít see the upper lock on the sliding glass door and donít know why their door wonít open after turning the latch below.
I would not count on the pool being available in February if the work they start in January is as extensive as they suggested it might be.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:01 AM   #1034
Holly Quinlan
This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.

Double Digits 99 days
Old 07-22-2013, 09:15 AM   #1035
wmoon
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post

That's better than it was when I last stayed on the MK resort loop! When we stayed in 2008 the buses went from CR, to Poly, to GF and then to the designated park. It was funny because we did a split stay and started the trip at GF and ended at CR and there was quite a difference between being the first stop and the last stop. From what I recall, the DTD buses also sometimes included WL and Fort Wilderness I know this is probably going to sound snobby, but if I'm paying that much more for my resort and the convenience of the location, I don't want the same bus hassles I have when I stay at a mod or value.
On our last day at ak the bus went on to gf after the poly, it suited me as I stayed on after dh and Ds got off so I could go to pick up some things in Basin.

I agree with you about the buses, there's nothing snobby about it. I expected the buses to be a bit of a problem but they were fine.

I only remember going to gf one other time on the way to a park and we never went via the ttc. However, one morning after missing a bus to the studios we walked to ttc only to have the bus we got on, stop back at the poly...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: