Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #646
Violet Parr
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 788

I had bookmarked a link of the movie list for the month but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone have the list of movies for July?

Thanks!
__________________
December 2005 Pop Century, VWL, Swan, December 2007 Coronado Springs, Fort Wilderness December 2010 Fort Wilderness, October 2012 AKV Kidani, June 2013 Caribbean Beach, July 2013 Polynesian August 2013 Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room September 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas, POR-AB October 2013 MNSSHP/F&W Fort Wilderness December 2013 Villas at Wilderness Lodge
Violet Parr is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 12:33 PM   #647
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran
 
bluejasmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,760

So googling I do see where a few sites are reporting volcano pool closed 9/9-9/20! Why would they let me book a cabana & not tell me????

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013
__________________
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-14-2013, 12:54 PM   #648
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran
 
bluejasmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,760

Called Disney Recreation about the pool closure since I rented a cabana during the time of the rehab and was told that if there was a rehab scheduled, their system wouldn't allow the cabana rental, but she said she would put me on hold and double check.

She came back and said the only refurb scheduled for the Poly is to the longhouses. I noticed both this site and Intercot has the pool listed for refurb in Sept but no where else not even the Disney site reports that..

I guess Ill find out if they decide to b/c she said they will have to call me to let me know cabana will be canceled if so..

ADDED: apparently the rehab has been pushed to Jan!
__________________
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012

Last edited by bluejasmine; 07-14-2013 at 01:34 PM.
bluejasmine is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 02:25 PM   #649
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way
 
TigrLvsPooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Indiana
Posts: 9,876

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
Called Disney Recreation about the pool closure since I rented a cabana during the time of the rehab and was told that if there was a rehab scheduled, their system wouldn't allow the cabana rental, but she said she would put me on hold and double check.

She came back and said the only refurb scheduled for the Poly is to the longhouses. I noticed both this site and Intercot has the pool listed for refurb in Sept but no where else not even the Disney site reports that..

I guess Ill find out if they decide to b/c she said they will have to call me to let me know cabana will be canceled if so..

ADDED: apparently the rehab has been pushed to Jan!
I think a pool rehab during free dining is a mistake. Maybe they realized that. January is a perfect time to rehab , only a fraction of the people swim during that time. Last January at the GF the pool was empty almost every day due to freezing cold temps in the 30's.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Erika Murphy - DISney Obsessed Mom of 2 Mouseketeers Annual Passholder & D23 Member
Seen on The Travel Channel as the ULTIMATE Disney Fan!
Follow me: www.twitter.com/Erika_Murphy& www.pinterest.com/erikamurphy12
Blog: https://www.erika_murphy.silvrback.com

Grand Floridian 2012, 2003, 2001, 1994 * Polynesian 2013, 2011, 2008, 2008, 2005, 2003 * Contemporary 2014, 2008 * Bay Lake Tower 2013 *Boardwalk 2014, 2013, 2006, 2004 * Wilderness Cabin 1998 * Dixie Landings 1999 * All Star Music 2001 * Caribbean Beach Resort 2012, 2002 * Animal Kingdom Lodge & Kidani Village 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2006, 2005 * Old Key West 2009, 2008, 2004, 2003, 2002 * Yacht Club 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2002 * Beach Club 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2003 * Swan 2006, 2005, 2003 * Pop Century 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004 * Wilderness Lodge 2011, 2004, 2003 * Saratoga Springs 2007 * Port Orleans French Quarter 2014, 2013, 2004 *
Up next: July 2014 BWI CL FROZEN SUMMER FUN!!! & Royal Pacific DIAGON ALLEY!!!!
TigrLvsPooh is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 03:25 PM   #650
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,015

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandym718 View Post
I don't know about the fruit tray, sorry, but here's another nice "no added cost" spot to relax poolside.


There's a few of these around the quiet pool. I took refuge under one with my book during a light rainshower (kids kept swimming). We enjoyed "pre-dinner cocktails" here a few times as well while the kids swam.
Had no idea these existed at the quiet pool, good to know.
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #651
kmermaid
DIS Veteran
 
kmermaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,239

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Parr View Post
I had bookmarked a link of the movie list for the month but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone have the list of movies for July?

Thanks!
http://dvcnews.com/forum/showthread....ctivity-Guides
kmermaid is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 03:54 PM   #652
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,918

Has anyone been *pixie dusted* upon check-in with an upgrade? If so, what was it?
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 03:56 PM   #653
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran
 
bluejasmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,760

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Has anyone been *pixie dusted* upon check-in with an upgrade? If so, what was it?
Oh I love these stories!!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013
__________________
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 04:00 PM   #654
USCAnna
Earning My Ears
 
USCAnna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 43

I have never done online check-in. Is there an advantage to doing this? We will be arriving in Orlando super early in the morning and plan on checking in right at 7 am so we can head straight over to start enjoying the parks. We leave in 19 days!!! Our first time at the Poly...after reading all of the comments I'm afraid we are going to be spoiled for every other resort!
__________________
USCAnna is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #655
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran
 
bluejasmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,760

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCAnna View Post
I have never done online check-in. Is there an advantage to doing this? We will be arriving in Orlando super early in the morning and plan on checking in right at 7 am so we can head straight over to start enjoying the parks. We leave in 19 days!!! Our first time at the Poly...after reading all of the comments I'm afraid we are going to be spoiled for every other resort!
Faster Check in & a good chance your room may be ready when you check in, I've had 50/50 success with it, you can let them know what time to expect you as we'll as make requests.. No guarantee with request but they are normally pretty good about it if there is any way possible.

Poly will spoil you, every other Disney resort gets compared by us & never compares! It's absolutely our happy place!!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013
__________________
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 05:26 PM   #656
CT Disney
Mouseketeer
 
CT Disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrentinos View Post
Just thought I'd pop in quickly as we have been at Poly since the 10th. We are staying GV CL and are enjoying the lounge and the CMs so much!! They have been so helpful and welcoming! Food has been delightful and during the rain yesterday it was nice I have the lounge as an option to relax in! DD2 loves the little table and chairs and calls all other kids in the lounge her friends! We do have a fridge in our room that has worked quite well and have not been told that it is being removed. We love the renovated room - although our balcony doesn't have the best view - I can't complain with seeing palm trees on a daily basis! Crowds have been quite manageable - we found it to be so quiet here! Pool has not been too crowded when we've been at it - trying out a cabana tomorrow for the morning and I'm looking forward to that! Overall our stay here has been a dream and we are loving every second of it!!!
So nice to hear that you are enjoying CL! We will be there in 2 1/2 weeks!

If you get a chance, can you report back on what kinds of beer they are serving in the lounge? Thanks!

I have to say, I am a little nervous about visiting in the heat of August. We've been in April the last few years and have had the best luck with weather at that time.

I'm sure it will be great though!....HOT, but great!
__________________
1993 Hotel Royal Plaza, 1994 DXL, 1996 OKW, 1998 Dolphin, 1999 OKW, 2002 HHI, 2005 POFQ, 2005 Vero Beach, 2006 WL, 2008 POR,
2010 YC CL, 2012 POR, 2013 YC CL, 2013 Poly CL

CT Disney is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #657
CT Disney
Mouseketeer
 
CT Disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 247

One more thing...

Our plane doesn't land on Thursday evening until 6:17 pm, so we probably won't get to the Poly until 8:00 or so. Our only request is 3rd floor because we would love a balcony (we will be in the Hawaii building, TPV).

Does anybody have any experiences to share in terms of getting to the hotel late in the day and still having your requests met?

I don't want them to give all the good rooms away before we get there
__________________
1993 Hotel Royal Plaza, 1994 DXL, 1996 OKW, 1998 Dolphin, 1999 OKW, 2002 HHI, 2005 POFQ, 2005 Vero Beach, 2006 WL, 2008 POR,
2010 YC CL, 2012 POR, 2013 YC CL, 2013 Poly CL

CT Disney is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #658
Missus Toad
Amazing! She actually stays awake during the Hall of Presidents!
 
Missus Toad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 1,006

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
Faster Check in & a good chance your room may be ready when you check in, I've had 50/50 success with it, you can let them know what time to expect you as we'll as make requests.. No guarantee with request but they are normally pretty good about it if there is any way possible.

Poly will spoil you, every other Disney resort gets compared by us & never compares! It's absolutely our happy place!!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013
Having never done online check in, I'm wondering if a request isn't met, is there a way to go chat with someone at the desk to see if you can get a different room? I ask because my father recently had back surgery, and we'd prefer whatever the longhouse, that it be close to GCH to save him some steps. I'm tempted by online check in, but worry that once you're assigned, you're assigned and that's it.
__________________
(me!) (dh)(dd - 10) (ds - 8)
WDW on-site devotee since 1976!
Happy DVC Member since 1994!

Most recent 8/21/13-8/31/13 at GF and Poly.

Missus Toad is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 06:12 PM   #659
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 5,562

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post
One more thing...

Our plane doesn't land on Thursday evening until 6:17 pm, so we probably won't get to the Poly until 8:00 or so. Our only request is 3rd floor because we would love a balcony (we will be in the Hawaii building, TPV).

Does anybody have any experiences to share in terms of getting to the hotel late in the day and still having your requests met?

I don't want them to give all the good rooms away before we get there
All rooms are assigned 1-2 days prior to your arrival. So if they were able to meet your request, you should still have it when you arrive. Unless somebody who checks in before you throws a hissy fit about the room they were assigned, demands a 3rd floor and your room is the only one available you should be fine.
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is online now  
Old 07-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #660
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 5,562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missus Toad View Post
Having never done online check in, I'm wondering if a request isn't met, is there a way to go chat with someone at the desk to see if you can get a different room?
Absolutely. Even if you do online check-in, you still have to interact with the CM. The only difference with online check-in is that your KTTWs and your information packet are already printed and put together for you. If after they show you where your room is located, you can ask if there is something available to meet your request.
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is online now  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.