Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 09:14 PM   #346
Dizneefamily+4
Wish I could live in Cinderella's Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJA View Post
And here is our view right now from CL room 1503. People are extremely rude......the manager and police/security have already been up here asking people to be considerate of the guests. I really think they should rope the grass off entirely.

http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/...psbbe4af2d.jpg
Yuck. I agree. I don't like that so many sites suggest watching the fireworks from the Poly beach. When we DON'T stay at the Poly, it's never a thought in our minds to head in over there to watch the fireworks. And when we DO stay (which we are again in 4 weeks,) we'd like to enjoy the privileges that we paid for without a million other people who didn't pay for those amenities.
'10 - POR/WL
Aug. '11 - POLY
Aug. '12 - POFQ
Aug. '13 - POLY
Old 07-04-2013, 09:34 PM   #347
TJA
DIS Veteran

I do think its time they have a designated place for non-Poly guests to watch the show. This is nuts here. We are inside our room now and people are still on the lawn right outside our room! We would like to enjoy our view but have to close all our curtains.
2006 ~ YC & BC
2007 ~ Poly & BC & CR
2008 ~ POR & WL & BC
2009 ~ CBR & BC CL
2010 ~ Poly & CR / BC CL
2011 ~ BC CL & Poly CL
2012 ~ WL & BC CL / CR CL
2013 ~ BC CL & Poly CL & WL CL
2014 ~ Poly CL TPV & BC CL, Poly CL TPV again
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2013, 09:49 PM   #348
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

That is why I requested a third floor room. I was afraid people would block my view of the fireworks. I think it's horrible that they had to put the first floor patio furniture in the rooms! The GCH was packed too.

The view from my room was great though. Better than the view from CR last year.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:51 PM   #349
Mommy to Kayla
Mouseketeer

We are here right now too. Luckily we are on the 3rd floor of Hawaii and have an amazing TPV but down below on the beach area was crazy!! Earlier there were mobs of people grabbing 4-5'towels by the pool to use to sit down to watch the fireworks on the beach. All I could think of was the fact that all those extra towels would now have to be washed. I also saw people carrying lounge chairs from the quiet pool over to the grass. I feel badly for the CMs.
July 1- 5, 2013 - Polynesian Resort, Walt Disneyworld

January 1-5, 2014 - Paradise Pier, Disneyland
July 28-August 2, 2014 - Split stay at Grand Californian Hotel and Disneyland Hotel

(other trips to Disneyland and Disneyland Paris as a kid but it's so much more fun now as a mommy!)
Old 07-04-2013, 09:54 PM   #350
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Last year right outside the Hawaii building they had a huge cart of towels and a CM passing them out to whoever wanted/needed them. I don't do sand do I passed.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #351
psac
DIS Veteran

Definitely crazy here. We're going to catch the fireworks later in the weekend, and we were able to get 8:30 Kona reservations. Checked in at 8:15 and sat in less than 5 minutes. By 8:45 the place got EMPTY. It was like we had the restaurant all to ourselves. Food was great, as always. Getting back to the room against the sea of people wasn't as bad as we were expecting, we must have missed most of it.

The view from our Hawaii club GV room is really nice.

Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 07-04-2013, 10:13 PM   #352
Miss Potts
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Definitely crazy here. We're going to catch the fireworks later in the weekend, and we were able to get 8:30 Kona reservations. Checked in at 8:15 and sat in less than 5 minutes. By 8:45 the place got EMPTY. It was like we had the restaurant all to ourselves. Food was great, as always. Getting back to the room against the sea of people wasn't as bad as we were expecting, we must have missed most of it.

The view from our Hawaii club GV room is really nice.
The red white and blue leis are such a cute touch for the holiday!

Read my PTR:
The Adventures of Miss Potts - PTR Fall 2013

1987 Hilton / 1989 FW / 1991 CBR / 1993 BC / 1995 WL / 1997 Poly / 1998 BWI / 2001 BC / 2005 Poly CL / May 2005 WL CL / Dec 2005 WL CL / August 2006 WL / Jan 2007 Poly CL/Contemporary CL / 2008 WL / Jan 2009 Poly CL / Oct/Nov 2010 AKL (Engaged!) / Oct 2011 DCL Magic (Honeymoon!) / Oct 2012 OKW/BLT / Feb 2013 WL Club / Sept/Oct 2013 Poly CL
Old 07-04-2013, 10:14 PM   #353
wmoon
Mouseketeer

We seem to have missed all the craziness of the Poly today. We ate at Narcoosses and watched the fireworks from there. I thought we would have a problem getting back to the Poly but we got the first boat running back from the Grand. I did notice a pretty big queue of people waiting to leave the Poly and chairs on the grass in front of the CL rooms (shocking, I wouldn't be happy)
DH just came bak from the drinks run to Captain Cooks, he said it was a bit chaotic with a huge queue out the door for food. The quiet pool was also very busy.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:16 PM   #354
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla4fun View Post
That is why I requested a third floor room. I was afraid people would block my view of the fireworks. I think it's horrible that they had to put the first floor patio furniture in the rooms! The GCH was packed too.

The view from my room was great though. Better than the view from CR last year.
I am contemplating split stay next trip for poly/cr. seeing as you have done both. is it worth it?? we loved the poly this year so want to go back but also want to try tpv at cr.

any help would be appreciated!
Old 07-05-2013, 06:29 AM   #355
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJA View Post
And here is our view right now from CL room 1503. People are extremely rude......the manager and police/security have already been up here asking people to be considerate of the guests. I really think they should rope the grass off entirely.

http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/...psbbe4af2d.jpg
That is just not right. Everyone should write letters to guest services and maybe Disney will implemate a better crowd control plan for the future, roping off the grassy areas in front of the Longhouses is a great idea.

It seems to me once DVC is built they will need a better plan as people buying into DVC will not want to deal with this.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 07-05-2013, 08:24 AM   #356
ocalla
DIS Veteran

psac: That view is so wonderful!!!

Every time I see a new pic of the Poly I really can't believe that I am actually going to be staying there!! Can't wait to experience it
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
Old 07-05-2013, 09:07 AM   #357
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
I've been searching around and can't seem to find this, but I admit that I've been scanning all the pages of this and the prior thread, so I may have missed it. Is this what all the rooms are going to look like once the renovation is complete?
(11th picture down)
http://blog.wdwinfo.com/2013/06/14/7...nesian-resort/

What is the expected time frame for it to all be completed?

Thanks so much! I know when you're on a thread for a while and someone pops on and asks a question that everyone already knows the answer to it can be annoying, but we are just in our beginning planning stages and haven't stayed at the Poly since 1997 so thanks for being patient

Yes. That is the room décor post rehab for all of the rooms at Poly except Tonga suites. All of the room rehab should be complete by mid Fall of this year.

Quote:
Does anyone have any pictures or info on the layout of the Tonga building? We're debating (for next summer) booking 2-3 CL rooms in Hawaii or a Princess or Ambassador Suite in Tonga. I've only been able to find a few pictures from MaryT of the Princess Suite which said it overlooks the lagoon, and I found one YouTube video that QUICKLY showed one of the Ambassador Suites, but it never mentioned where it was in the building or what the view was (although, I think he did say the monorail is out there when he pointed to the window?) Does anyone have any other pictures, videos, or a building layout for any of the suites? I really prefer the views and lounge associated with the Hawaii rooms, but if we'd need 2 or 3 rooms the suite would end up being less expensive and provide us with a living/dining/kitchen area.

Thanks!!
There really aren't a lot of pictures of the rooms and views from Tonga. There is some good info on room layout and amenities on tikiman's website and facebook pages. Just google tikiman Polynesian and it will populate at the top of your search. Although I have never stayed in those rooms, I have had the pleasure of sitting on one of the benches on the end of the marina in front of Tonga and admiring the view. Although the view is lovely, I would not be thrilled to pay big bucks for those suites as the view is somewhat "bottle-necked". You are looking down a more narrow view given the marina is flanked on both sides by longhouses and/or the Volcano pool complex. Personally, I would rather pay the money for adjoining rooms in Tuvalu, Hawaii(CL) or Tahiti. The views would be MUCH better for the price and have the wide angle views over the lagoon from GF to CR with the center being of course MK with the castle

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014
Old 07-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #358
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace&Carolinesmom View Post

Yes. That is the room décor post rehab for all of the rooms at Poly except Tonga suites. All of the room rehab should be complete by mid Fall of this year.

There really aren't a lot of pictures of the rooms and views from Tonga. There is some good info on room layout and amenities on tikiman's website and facebook pages. Just google tikiman Polynesian and it will populate at the top of your search. Although I have never stayed in those rooms, I have had the pleasure of sitting on one of the benches on the end of the marina in front of Tonga and admiring the view. Although the view is lovely, I would not be thrilled to pay big bucks for those suites as the view is somewhat "bottle-necked". You are looking down a more narrow view given the marina is flanked on both sides by longhouses and/or the Volcano pool complex. Personally, I would rather pay the money for adjoining rooms in Tuvalu, Hawaii(CL) or Tahiti. The views would be MUCH better for the price and have the wide angle views over the lagoon from GF to CR with the center being of course MK with the castle
Thanks so much for all of your help! I was noticing the view issue with Tonga too! I would have to think you'd be pretty annoyed to pay that much money and not have a great view! Plus, we could really only 'afford' it with the AP discount and I've heard that often excludes suites, so it definitely seems like we'd be better booking adjoining rooms. Are there any connecting rooms in Tuvalu, Hawaii, or Tahiti? The issue we're having is that we're all adults and 'need' separate beds and baths, but 3 rooms would be way too pricey!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 07-05-2013, 09:22 AM   #359
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks so much for all of your help! I was noticing the view issue with Tonga too! I would have to think you'd be pretty annoyed to pay that much money and not have a great view! Plus, we could really only 'afford' it with the AP discount and I've heard that often excludes suites, so it definitely seems like we'd be better booking adjoining rooms. Are there any connecting rooms in Tuvalu, Hawaii, or Tahiti? The issue we're having is that we're all adults and 'need' separate beds and baths, but 3 rooms would be way too pricey!
All of the longhouses have some rooms that are connecting but I don't believe any of them will have 3 connected together.(someone please correct me if I am wrong on this) You could have 2 connecting with the third adjoining HOWEVER it is not a guarantee. Your best bet would be booking TPV and requesting Tuvalu 3rd floor (or first floor if you prefer a patio). Tuvalu is a small longhouse so even if you aren't next door to your party, it is a short hallway so merely a few steps away for visiting.

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014
Old 07-05-2013, 12:02 PM   #360
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

I'm wondering if someone can help me clear something up. I see on the initial page of this thread (and on Mousesavers) that the Poly has a 1 bedroom Princess Suite and I've seen MaryT's pictures of it. On wdw.com it lists that there's a 1 bedroom club level suite which looks completely different (mainly in décor, not in layout.) Are these the same suites? The pictures of the one on Disney's site look like it's in the Tonga building (as was the one MaryT posted.) Are her pictures just older and the ones on Disney's site are updated? Thanks for any help you can provide!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: