Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-09-2013, 09:14 PM   #3421
Lita
Mouseketeer
 
Lita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 476

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly3mom View Post
Online check in question? We arrive 11/20 for our first stay at the poly whoot!! Can you enter specific room # w/ the longhouse preference? Or can you only enter the preferred longhouse? Any guidance would he appreciate. Thx
You cannot request a room number. But you can request a longhouse or level (i.e. balcony or patio).

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Lita is offline  
Old 10-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #3422
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreamin247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: staten island
Posts: 5,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly3mom View Post
Online check in question? We arrive 11/20 for our first stay at the poly whoot!! Can you enter specific room # w/ the longhouse preference? Or can you only enter the preferred longhouse? Any guidance would he appreciate. Thx
Longhouse/floor only.
__________________
Dani DS DD
disneydreamin247 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-09-2013, 10:43 PM   #3423
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".
 
DznyCrzy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 894 miles from the magic!
Posts: 1,634

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly3mom
Online check in question? We arrive 11/20 for our first stay at the poly whoot!! Can you enter specific room # w/ the longhouse preference? Or can you only enter the preferred longhouse? Any guidance would he appreciate. Thx
You cannot request a specific room # with online check in but you can call and have a specific room # addded to the request. We did that last time and got the exact room we specified.

Sent from my Galaxy SII
__________________
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #3424
gypsydoodlebug
Who DOESN'T love Fraggle Rock? I have to admit, Gobo Fraggle was kinda hot...
all of a sudden I sound like a Beverly Hillbilly??!?!
I can't tell the chicks from the dudes on here
 
gypsydoodlebug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: KY
Posts: 3,638

Just arrived home yesterday. We requested Fiji balcony/patio but were given Tokelau 2nd floor (we arrived at the hotel at 9 :15 pm) overlooking the quiet pool. We were not big on the stadium lights around the pool, so we requested a move and they were able to move us the next day to Fiji marina view.

Other than the monorail shutting down from 11 am to 6 pm (VERY annoying), we had a fine stay but nothing special. I requested extra conditioner several times from Mousekeeping (including a sizable tip) since my daughter has waist-length hair, but only received one bottle a day.

We purchased DVC at the GFV, so this will most likely be our last stay at the Poly.
__________________


**Newly minted VGF DVC members**
gypsydoodlebug is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 10:24 AM   #3425
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".
 
DznyCrzy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 894 miles from the magic!
Posts: 1,634

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydoodlebug
Just arrived home yesterday. We requested Fiji balcony/patio but were given Tokelau 2nd floor (we arrived at the hotel at 9 :15 pm) overlooking the quiet pool. We were not big on the stadium lights around the pool, so we requested a move and they were able to move us the next day to Fiji marina view.

Other than the monorail shutting down from 11 am to 6 pm (VERY annoying), we had a fine stay but nothing special. I requested extra conditioner several times from Mousekeeping (including a sizable tip) since my daughter has waist-length hair, but only received one bottle a day.

We purchased DVC at the GFV, so this will most likely be our last stay at the Poly.
I'm glad to hear they were eventually able to move you to the longhouse you had requested!! Fiji longhouse may have been full when you checked in. I agree, even this last trip for my DH and I we didn't feel anything "special" and after being on the cruise were the staff went above and beyond, we felt the Poly was lacking. Although I will say, there were a couple people in GS at the Poly who were of great help when we had issues with the MB.

Congrats on your DVC purchase! The new GFV look wonderful!!!

Sent from my Galaxy SII
__________________
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #3426
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic
 
Tinkerbellie16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mile High Rockies
Posts: 3,757

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2TwoMickeys View Post
It's called a Tropical Macaw

Here is a link from the disney food blog about the drinks at Tambu Lounge
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/0...nesian-resort/
Thank you! I don't know how I missed it I do love the Island Sunsets and the Backscratcher but I will try the Tropical Macaw ... VERY SOON
__________________
DH ME DS (12) DD (10)


6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #3427
nydancemom
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 167

I'm considering a stay at Poly in November. I've looked at Tikiman's site but can't tell, are there king bed rooms in Tokelau?
nydancemom is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 05:40 PM   #3428
Tikiman
He kuikawa ka 'ikena o kela wahi ho'oku ka'a e waiho kala'e ihola ma 'o!
 
Tikiman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: California
Posts: 4,601

Quote:
Originally Posted by nydancemom View Post
I'm considering a stay at Poly in November. I've looked at Tikiman's site but can't tell, are there king bed rooms in Tokelau?
No, there are only king beds in Samoa, Niue, Rarotonga and Fiji

My new maps will show all king bed rooms.
__________________
He kuikawa ka 'ikena o kela wahi ho'oku ka'a e waiho kala'e ihola ma 'o!
Tikiman is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #3429
nydancemom
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 167

Thank you Tikiman! Love your site It's always been my dream to stay at Poly, so I think I'm going to take a chance with the construction and book for 11/10-11/13 with the RO discount. I want to stay at Poly while there's still a waterfall in the lobby and the volcano pool. Right now my reservation is at POFQ, but I am just feeling the draw to the Poly before all these changes happen.
nydancemom is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 06:00 PM   #3430
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,202

Quote:
Originally Posted by nydancemom View Post
Thank you Tikiman! Love your site It's always been my dream to stay at Poly, so I think I'm going to take a chance with the construction and book for 11/10-11/13 with the RO discount. I want to stay at Poly while there's still a waterfall in the lobby and the volcano pool. Right now my reservation is at POFQ, but I am just feeling the draw to the Poly before all these changes happen.
If you have a chance to do it before January, you totally should. I'm kind of kicking myself for not doing it the past two years. Was planning on staying there next year but I'm not now because of DVC....maybe 2015 or 2016.
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 06:58 PM   #3431
nydancemom
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 167

Just changed my reservation from POFQ to Poly! Very excited I tried to request a king bed, but the CM was adamant there are no king beds at Poly So how do I make that request?
nydancemom is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 07:50 PM   #3432
DebbyLof428
DIS Veteran
 
DebbyLof428's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by nydancemom View Post
Just changed my reservation from POFQ to Poly! Very excited I tried to request a king bed, but the CM was adamant there are no king beds at Poly So how do I make that request?
I know that the Honeymoon Suite in Tonga has a king bed and Fiji and Rarotonga did at one time. Not sure if that is the case since the remodeling.
__________________
DebbyLof428 is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #3433
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic
 
Tinkerbellie16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mile High Rockies
Posts: 3,757

Quote:
Originally Posted by nydancemom View Post
Just changed my reservation from POFQ to Poly! Very excited I tried to request a king bed, but the CM was adamant there are no king beds at Poly So how do I make that request?
You can note anything when you call in so call back. If they insist, insist back that they NOTE it on the reservation. It's not a guarantee, just a request. You could request Captain Jack as a roommate but that doesn't mean it will happen - oh, maybe I should do that
__________________
DH ME DS (12) DD (10)


6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 07:54 PM   #3434
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic
 
Tinkerbellie16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mile High Rockies
Posts: 3,757

So finally decided that I would do online check in and I've tried 3x today only to get an error on the final step. I've gotten several emails from Disney asking me to check in online - but it doesn't work! Well, at least I get to be there - really soon!!! We leave tomorrow for Orlando but check in at the Poly on Sunday
__________________
DH ME DS (12) DD (10)


6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 09:29 PM   #3435
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!
 
karriealex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: 3 hours south of the most magical place on earth!!
Posts: 850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
So finally decided that I would do online check in and I've tried 3x today only to get an error on the final step. I've gotten several emails from Disney asking me to check in online - but it doesn't work! Well, at least I get to be there - really soon!!! We leave tomorrow for Orlando but check in at the Poly on Sunday
Have a safe and wonderful trip!!!!
__________________
karriealex is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.