Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-29-2013, 08:20 PM   #3361
speedo
Mouseketeer
 
speedo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 468

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellypaige View Post
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
speedo Thank you for the lovely review and photos! I am so homesick for my beloved Poly.
speedo is offline  
Old 09-29-2013, 09:00 PM   #3362
mindy20
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 273

Just returned from the poly 9/16-9/22 then on a Disney Cruise for 4 nights and finished up with 3 nights at BC. I always wondered why everyone loves the Poly, it always seemed dark and dated to me, but thought we would give it a try. Wow, I get it now what a great resort Stayed in Hawaii and we were steps from the beach for fireworks, a few steps to pool, and a short walk to GCH and Captain Cooks is so amazing, what a great counter service. We also loved how the club level lounge was set up we stopped in on our way in and out of our 3rd floor GV room. I was so worried about construction but there wasn't much going on while we were there. I can't wait to go back, hope they don't change this great resort to much. It was sad to arrive at BC, it just isn't on the same level as he Poly. My kids love the pool there but the rooms need updated they seemed old ad musty. The CS seemed like a joke after we were used to Captain Cooks.

I Loved the MB. They were so great for us, We really think the new fast pass plus is amazing, so much easier than having to get up early and run around collecting them. I changed our times from my phone on a couple times it was so easy to do. The tap to charge to your room was also fabulous, I loved it easy, easy !! I did notice that if I purchased using something on my dining plan and something not on it they had to do 2 transactions. Kind of a hassle but not to big of a deal. So if your going to F&W and you order Nd want to use a snack but you get a alcoholic beverage with it make sure to tell them beforehand so they don't have to void and redo it. I do have to say it seemed so weird to have to pull my credit card out at the airport and pay with it. I miss my magic band !
__________________
mindy20 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-30-2013, 09:12 AM   #3363
MinnieMouseMom01
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex

Coral Reef, The Wave, Saanan. LOL still looking at the menus and the credits. For once we will go and my kids should get full LOL. I swear they have hollow legs!
Don't do Coral Reef if you have big eaters! Just ate there 2 weeks ago and portions are tiny!!! Not worth it at all! Aim for buffets! That's what we did! Boma was fabulous!

Poly Vacation 9/14-9/21!!!!!
__________________
<a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/p07jurdbdse9487r.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
MinnieMouseMom01 is offline  
Old 09-30-2013, 09:15 AM   #3364
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!
 
karriealex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: 3 hours south of the most magical place on earth!!
Posts: 850

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMouseMom01 View Post
Don't do Coral Reef if you have big eaters! Just ate there 2 weeks ago and portions are tiny!!! Not worth it at all! Aim for buffets! That's what we did! Boma was fabulous!

Poly Vacation 9/14-9/21!!!!!
Thank you for telling me that. We were there many many years ago and had looked forward to going back but if the portions are small it wouldn't be good for my kids. I am totally convinced they have hollow legs and the metabolism of a humming bird.
__________________
karriealex is offline  
Old 09-30-2013, 09:20 AM   #3365
MinnieMouseMom01
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex

Thank you for telling me that. We were there many many years ago and had looked forward to going back but if the portions are small it wouldn't be good for my kids. I am totally convinced they have hollow legs and the metabolism of a humming bird.
Yeah, I am not a big eater at all and managed to clean my plate at Coral Reef!!! I couldn't even tell you the last time I cleaned a plate! Lol
My 8 yr old out eats my entire family! I usually let him eat my adult meal and I eat his kids meal but no one left a crumb on their plate at Coral Reef. Dont get me wrong, food was great, but just small.
We quickly learned buffets would be best for our family! Again, Boma (AKL) was great! Liberty Tree Tavern is family style all you can eat and delicious. Biergarten was great! Ohana's family style was great. Way more value if your kids are like mine which sounds like they are!

Poly Vacation 9/14-9/21!!!!!
__________________
<a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/p07jurdbdse9487r.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
MinnieMouseMom01 is offline  
Old 09-30-2013, 10:58 AM   #3366
trishadono
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 2,086

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedo View Post




Here's to your future visit to Poly!

One of my favorite Disney things. A drink on the beach at Poly.
Thanks for posting.

Dd and I were in GV CL in April but DH and I got upgraded to first floor TPV CL in May(from a non CL room). We LOVED it too
__________________
WL CL 1/18-22.




CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL , WLcl 19 17
trishadono is offline  
Old 09-30-2013, 07:56 PM   #3367
gypsydoodlebug
Who DOESN'T love Fraggle Rock? I have to admit, Gobo Fraggle was kinda hot...
all of a sudden I sound like a Beverly Hillbilly??!?!
I can't tell the chicks from the dudes on here
 
gypsydoodlebug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: KY
Posts: 3,638

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMouseMom01 View Post
Don't do Coral Reef if you have big eaters! Just ate there 2 weeks ago and portions are tiny!!! Not worth it at all! Aim for buffets! That's what we did! Boma was fabulous!

Poly Vacation 9/14-9/21!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMouseMom01 View Post
Yeah, I am not a big eater at all and managed to clean my plate at Coral Reef!!! I couldn't even tell you the last time I cleaned a plate! Lol
My 8 yr old out eats my entire family! I usually let him eat my adult meal and I eat his kids meal but no one left a crumb on their plate at Coral Reef. Dont get me wrong, food was great, but just small.
We quickly learned buffets would be best for our family! Again, Boma (AKL) was great! Liberty Tree Tavern is family style all you can eat and delicious. Biergarten was great! Ohana's family style was great. Way more value if your kids are like mine which sounds like they are!

Poly Vacation 9/14-9/21!!!!!
Going to have to agree... I think the portions are small, too (and I'm on Weight Watchers, so that's saying a lot).
__________________


**Newly minted VGF DVC members**
gypsydoodlebug is offline  
Old 09-30-2013, 08:02 PM   #3368
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!
 
karriealex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: 3 hours south of the most magical place on earth!!
Posts: 850

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydoodlebug View Post
Going to have to agree... I think the portions are small, too (and I'm on Weight Watchers, so that's saying a lot).
Wow. I am going to take that one off my list then. Thank you so much for telling me about this. I would have hated to learn about it the hard way and have hungry kids a half hour later.
__________________
karriealex is offline  
Old 10-01-2013, 01:14 AM   #3369
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic
 
Tinkerbellie16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mile High Rockies
Posts: 3,757

Thanks for posting the photos and review speedo!!
__________________
DH ME DS (12) DD (10)


6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline  
Old 10-02-2013, 12:29 AM   #3370
yolie912
DIS Veteran
 
yolie912's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,057

Does anyone have a copy of the October activities sheet?
Thanks
__________________
yolie912 is offline  
Old 10-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #3371
heidijanesmith
DIS Veteran
 
heidijanesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,681

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindy20 View Post
Just returned from the poly 9/16-9/22 then on a Disney Cruise for 4 nights and finished up with 3 nights at BC. I always wondered why everyone loves the Poly, it always seemed dark and dated to me, but thought we would give it a try. Wow, I get it now what a great resort Stayed in Hawaii and we were steps from the beach for fireworks, a few steps to pool, and a short walk to GCH and Captain Cooks is so amazing, what a great counter service. We also loved how the club level lounge was set up we stopped in on our way in and out of our 3rd floor GV room. I was so worried about construction but there wasn't much going on while we were there. I can't wait to go back, hope they don't change this great resort to much. It was sad to arrive at BC, it just isn't on the same level as he Poly. My kids love the pool there but the rooms need updated they seemed old ad musty. The CS seemed like a joke after we were used to Captain Cooks.

I Loved the MB. They were so great for us, We really think the new fast pass plus is amazing, so much easier than having to get up early and run around collecting them. I changed our times from my phone on a couple times it was so easy to do. The tap to charge to your room was also fabulous, I loved it easy, easy !! I did notice that if I purchased using something on my dining plan and something not on it they had to do 2 transactions. Kind of a hassle but not to big of a deal. So if your going to F&W and you order Nd want to use a snack but you get a alcoholic beverage with it make sure to tell them beforehand so they don't have to void and redo it. I do have to say it seemed so weird to have to pull my credit card out at the airport and pay with it. I miss my magic band !
thanks for the awesome review. We check into the Hawaii building tomorrow and I am so happy to hear that there was not much construction going on. I am hoping that we don't have any issues with construction either.

I am looking forward to the MB and hope that they works ok for us. Thanks for the tip about the two transactions. Cant wait for tomorrow
__________________


May 2005 AKL Pool view
July 2010 Poly Standard view- WDW and US
Aug 2012 YC Pool view- WDW, US and BG
Oct 2013 Poly Cl Lagoon view- WDW and US
Oct 2014 BW CL BW View- WDW and US

The Smith's take on the Poly- TR
heidijanesmith is offline  
Old 10-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #3372
heidijanesmith
DIS Veteran
 
heidijanesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,681

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
Thank you for telling me that. We were there many many years ago and had looked forward to going back but if the portions are small it wouldn't be good for my kids. I am totally convinced they have hollow legs and the metabolism of a humming bird.
My teens are the same way. Coral Reef was the worst restaurant for us at WDW. If your kids like seafood, we found the dinner buffet at Cape May to be our favorite.

We also liked the Biergarden buffet alot, so much food for all types of eaters.

T-rex and Rainforest cafe also have huge portions with giant menus. They are a must for us every trip.
__________________


May 2005 AKL Pool view
July 2010 Poly Standard view- WDW and US
Aug 2012 YC Pool view- WDW, US and BG
Oct 2013 Poly Cl Lagoon view- WDW and US
Oct 2014 BW CL BW View- WDW and US

The Smith's take on the Poly- TR
heidijanesmith is offline  
Old 10-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #3373
disneybilly24
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 25

Two kind of random questions. What time does the monorail start running at Poly on a day the Magic Kingdom opens at 9 AM? And is there a phone number I could reach the Poly front desk or concierge?
disneybilly24 is offline  
Old 10-02-2013, 04:11 PM   #3374
Pirate Mickey mom
Earning My Ears
 
Pirate Mickey mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 27

Is there a height requirement for the volcano pool slide? DS is almost 3 and LOVES water slides!
__________________

1998 offsite, Jan 2010 CB, Nov 2010 POR, Mar 2011 Swan, Jan 2012 AKL Kidani Village/Disney Dream/CB, Jan 2013 Poly/Disney Fantasy, Jan 2014 Poly, January 2015 POR/Disney Dream
Pirate Mickey mom is offline  
Old 10-02-2013, 04:21 PM   #3375
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran
 
Wanna be Ariel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Mickey mom View Post
Is there a height requirement for the volcano pool slide? DS is almost 3 and LOVES water slides!
We just got back and if I remember right there is not. BUT I will say that it is very fast and dark. And when it dumps you back into the pool it will suck you down. My DS is 2.5 and love slides and fast rides, but there is no way I would let him do this. I just don't feel like it would be safe yet. IMO. Have a wonderful trip. The Poly was outstanding.
__________________
ME(35) DH(41) DS(2)

Many Trips Before DS
2013
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
2014
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-AOA,BLT,WL (DS 1st MVMCP)
Wanna be Ariel is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.